Christian Doctrine of Omnipresence to Blame for the Triumph of Darwinism

Drake Shelton

So I was reading through the Origin of Species lately and Darwin pointed out that the creationist doctrine of speciation, namely miraculous special creation, was ad hoc when he observed different species of plants producing different quantities of variation. I see nowhere in Scripture to support the idea that God acts directly into the natures of creatures excepting of course the Genesis creation account and then Gen. 11 with the tower of Babel. It is traditional Orthodox Theology, Westminster Confession Chapter on Providence, that God does not cause everything directly (Occasionalism) but Providentially works through second causes. The solution to Darwin then is to recognize that the deists were right on the doctrine of omnipresence. 1 Kings 8 and Gen. 11 make very clear that God's dwelling place is the heavenly sanctuary, not everywhere.

6days

Darwin shouldn't be your go-to guy for theology. He became a bitter man, and seemed to totally reject the God of the Bible, especially toward the end of his life.

It was Darwin's lack of understanding of Scripture that lead to his belief system. Darwin rejected Genesis and blamed God for evil. However, Scripture tells us that entropy / corruption of creation is a result of our own sin.

Re. your comment about speciation, the above comments apply. Speciation results from a LOSS of genetic variation. Highly speciated populations are often endangered.

Drake Shelton

Darwin shouldn't be your go-to guy for theology. He became a bitter man, and seemed to totally reject the God of the Bible, especially toward the end of his life.

It was Darwin's lack of understanding of Scripture that lead to his belief system. Darwin rejected Genesis and blamed God for evil. However, Scripture tells us that entropy / corruption of creation is a result of our own sin.

Re. your comment about speciation, the above comments apply. Speciation results from a LOSS of genetic variation. Highly speciated populations are often endangered.

You did not address the argument of Darwin nor did you address the passages from 1 King 8 and Gen. 11.

beameup

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, [including DNA] and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. - Colossians 1:15-17 KJV

NASB vs 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
NIV vs 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
ESV vs 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
NKJV vs 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist

Last edited:

Drake Shelton

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, [including DNA] and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. - Colossians 1:15-17 KJV

NASB vs 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

You just quoted the verse saying by, and then you replace with the word in, and you did it on purpose. Please provide the difference between omnipresence and pantheism.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Now I know why i stopped discussing things with modern Christians.
You can hover over them and they will pop up. Avoid them at your own peril. The first four verses at the top are the gospel of your salvation. Believe and be saved. It won't hurt to read them.

6days

Drake Shelton said:
You did not address the argument of Darwin nor did you address the passages from 1 King 8 and Gen. 11.
Well perhaps suggest What part of your argument wasn't addressed. Darwin was wrong about selection and speciation. He imagined it to be an uphill process and science shows it is the opposite.. natural selection is the process of elimination and not creation.

Darwin was wrong about science. And he placed his false beliefs about God's word. His theology missed the mark because he tried to interpret God's word through his secular belief system.

Re. the 2 Scripture passages, it's very easy to understand using all Scripture, and not those passages in isolation. Scripture is quite clear that God / Jesus is omnipresent. God can manifest Himself in bodily form, or a stronger spiritual presence; which does not preclude His omnipresence.

PSALM 139:8 If I go up to heaven, you are there;

if I go down to the grave,a]" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">[a]you are there.
9 If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.