Christ is the end of the law (religion) for righteousness...

Epoisses

:thumb: Yes, Jesus had no authority to abolish his Father's commandments. That would have been rebellion.

He did have authority to fulfill them however. Fulfill and abolish are not the same. If I open up my bible today the law (5 books of Moses) are still there. They haven't been abolished. That doesn't mean I leave grace and go back to Moses and keep a covenant that was never for me.

Epoisses

Christ is the Jahweh of the OT. He wrote out the law on the tables of stone.
.....for the Jews.

Christians were given grace. The early church comprised believing Jews and believing Gentiles who were called Christians. Oh my goodness there were Jews and Gentiles in the same church!! You mean Paul the ethnic Jew actually called himself a Christian. John Darby just rolled over in his grave.

King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest. 28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. 29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds. Acts 26:27-29

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't hear you proclaiming faith alone by grace alone in Christ alone.

That's because grace alone in Christ alone is not true. No one can come to Christ unless...

Give credit where credit is due.

:poly:

Robert Pate

Banned
That's because grace alone in Christ alone is not true. No one can come to Christ unless...

Give credit where credit is due.

:poly:

Salvation has been provided for all who do nothing more than call upon the name of the Lord, Romans 10:13.