Christ is Risen!

Knee V

Hello. I go by Knee V. I'm not new to message boards, but I'm new to this one. I hate arguing and beating dead horses, but I love fruitful and civilized dialogue. I hope to have a good time here.

In Christ,
Knee V

Samstarrett

Hello. I go by Knee V. I'm not new to message boards, but I'm new to this one. I hate arguing and beating dead horses, but I love fruitful and civilized dialogue. I hope to have a good time here.

In Christ,
Knee V

:sigh: I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Krsto

In Christ,
Knee V

Is there a ratio of beating dead horses to fruitful and civilized dialogue that you would find acceptable? Would 5 to 1 be be your limit? Peradventure would 10 to 1 break you? Could you even suffer 15 to 1 for the sake of the Lord?

Knee V

Is there a ratio of beating dead horses to fruitful and civilized dialogue that you would find acceptable? Would 5 to 1 be be your limit? Peradventure would 10 to 1 break you? Could you even suffer 15 to 1 for the sake of the Lord?

I can suffer 70 x 7 dead horses. I'm feeling particularly pious.

Gurucam

Expect the very great majority to be dead, only a few are alive.

That is, if you choose to hold Jesus to His word.

. . . . . did you mean dead humans or dead horses?

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
What "other" type of Christian are you? Do you believe the quote you have set as your motto is a fact? Do you believe we can be saved by being around someone who has found peace? Have you found any dead or half dead horses yet??

Welcome to the rodeo!!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:deadhorse: Welcome to dead horse and one trick pony corral pardner. :BillyBob: You'll find dead horses and one trick ponies aplenty on here. But there are also some fruitful discussion to be had on this board.

Knee V

Thank you for the warm welcome, y'all!

What "other" type of Christian are you? Do you believe the quote you have set as your motto is a fact? Do you believe we can be saved by being around someone who has found peace? Have you found any dead or half dead horses yet??

Welcome to the rodeo!!

The "other" is Orthodox. Although we're the second largest Christian group in the world, online forums tend to forget about us, or lump us in with the Catholics. But that's alright.

I believe the statement, but not as an absolute fact. Me acquiring peace can never cause another person to believe in Christ and repent of their sins. But as our own hearts are being healed, we begin to participate with God in the healing of the world around us (creation fell into corruption because WE sinned. Our spiritual state affects the world around us). As we do that, God can use that to work in people's hearts. There are many stories of people being converted after they're just executed a Christian who joyfully and peacefully embraced their own martyrdom.

I've only posted in one other thread, so the dead horses haven't found their way to me as of yet.

Thank you for the welcome!

Krsto

Thank you for the warm welcome, y'all!

The "other" is Orthodox. Although we're the second largest Christian group in the world, online forums tend to forget about us, or lump us in with the Catholics. But that's alright.

I believe the statement, but not as an absolute fact. Me acquiring peace can never cause another person to believe in Christ and repent of their sins. But as our own hearts are being healed, we begin to participate with God in the healing of the world around us (creation fell into corruption because WE sinned. Our spiritual state affects the world around us). As we do that, God can use that to work in people's hearts. There are many stories of people being converted after they're just executed a Christian who joyfully and peacefully embraced their own martyrdom.

I've only posted in one other thread, so the dead horses haven't found their way to me as of yet.

Thank you for the welcome!

It will be good to get an Orthodox perspective at times, particularly when talking to Catholics. Have you been over to Cruciform's defense of the necessity of the Magisterum? It's not so much kicking a dead horse but more like beating one's head against a brick wall. Also I think the Orthodox have some insights to spirituality that could be helpful to Protestants.

Are you a member of the American Orthodox Church? I visited one in Tacoma and loved the acapella worship. There seem to be a lot of former Presbyterians in the AOC. Are you one of them?

Krsto

:deadhorse: Welcome to dead horse and one trick pony corral pardner. :BillyBob: You'll find dead horses and one trick ponies aplenty on here. But there are also some fruitful discussion to be had on this board.

Oh, sure, you're just saying that to draw him in to get him hooked. You sly devil you :thumb: