ECT Cheap or Costly Grace?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Because salvation ain't a pardon and it ain't amnesty folks. The full measure of the wrath of God's anger against sin was placed on Messiah in my place. If you call that cheap you are not saved, you have fallen into the trap of the evil one and have trampled under foot the power of God unto salvation.

Cross Reference

Because salvation ain't a pardon and it ain't amnesty folks. The full measure of the wrath of God's anger against sin was placed on Messiah in my place. If you call that cheap you are not saved, you have fallen into the trap of the evil one and have trampled under foot the power of God unto salvation.

<yawn, sigh> :rolleyes:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Agreed.

God the Holy Spirit does not abide within regenerated souls, without eventually manifesting His presence.

It is the Spirit of God that moves one to love God and his brethren. It is the Spirit of God that enables one to forgive others. It is the Spirit of God that guides one into all Truth and enables one to witness to that Truth. The list is long of the Sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, who even intercedes in one's personal prayers and petitions made to Christ.

I do not think there is any such thing as a believer born from above, who does not exhibit His Spirit of holiness in their lives; nor lives contrary to God's will and commands. Genuine Christians want to be holy as He is holy.

it's actually comedy when you say "Agreed" and then type 2 or 3 paragraphs that totally destroy a good post. you just have to put your "spin" of scripture on any post you see - :patrol:

oatmeal

Which one do you live by?

Any takers?? Surely all you Greek and Hebrew "scholars" +nothing, will at least "profess" your leanings toward which thinking suits your findings __ and why?

Neither, God's grace is not earned, it is given.

Wages are earned, grace is a gift.

Romans 11:6

It did not cost me anything, but it does cost God, He is the gracious one who gives freely.

I Corinthians 2:12

Cross Reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nang View Post

Yes! The bottom line! We do it because we are motivated and led by the Holy Spirit to do it. I believe repentance, faith, grasping the Truth of Scripture, and all our prayers, petitions, and confessions are the fruit of His presence within our beings.

I have lost friends for standing for Monergistic Sanctification, but this is exactly what I believe your concluding paragraph describes.

Me:

And if we aren't motivated by the Holy Spirit, then what??

Still waiting for your reply, Nang.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Sounds [like] works salvation to me.
Sounds like you are not sure of your salvation. :dizzy: Jas 2:18

nervous.gif

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God (Ga 5:19–21).

The fruit
th2204.gif
[not fruits] of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Ga 5:22).

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And what does this scripture mean?

Hebrews 10:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

God prepared a body for God the Son to assume, through the Seed of David, according to the Edemic, Abrahamic, and Davidic Covernants.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God the Son assumed the flesh seed of David; was born of woman as a Child, who was named Jesus. This was the eternally promised Christ.

Patrick Jane . . .

Do not think you can score points by simply neg repping my posts.

If you disagree, or possess better theology than what I stated above, be a man, and post your disagreement and better theology.

Neg reps are cowardly and exhibit spiritual weakness, IMO.