Change You Can Believe In

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoundedEgo

Poverty is a major problem right now, but what is the solution? Will Sam Walton suddenly just up and grow a heart? Will Ronald McExploit suddenly grow a heart? Of course not. The answer is collective bargaining. The workers need to (and are beginning to) organize and strike. Only then will these greedy corporations pay a living wage.

Waiters and waitresses make $2.13 per hour (minimum wage) plus tips. They are expected to give 25% of their tips to the kitchen staff. They are in poverty, despite hard, quality work, and the taxpayer winds up keeping them fed and clothed. This is injustice.

So I ask you serpentdove, do you think that collective bargaining is wrong?

Or do you support these workers who are striking?

WoundedEgo

Be careful

Be careful

"Management" is *occasionally* and *selectively* "tough" on link dropping.

But in fact, the international rhetoric is less about sabre rattling and such than under Bush. Bush out and out aggressed on a couple of nations that he shouldn't have whereas Obama drew those down.

However, here in the USA, as soon as a half black, half Jewish guy got elected, the Confederates came out of the woodwork in troves, all in a lather, that he was a "Kenyan Muslim" and such. This was to be expected.

What State are you from, serpent?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't know why people worry about Mexicans sending money back home (one of my employees does it, I'm glad he's taking care of his aging mother and I helped by providing him with work).

Not a problem to me, unless they arent legal, or paying taxes and they are also receiving public taxpayer assistance (food stamps and other assistance) that they are sending back home.

WoundedEgo

You mean they should apply for citizenship the right way, like many people do who come here from other countries. We should never reward illegal behavior.

Yes because it might turn out the way it did when they allowed the pasty faces to settle in their land. Eventually they rose up and pushed them South of the Rio Grande.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes because it might turn out the way it did when they allowed the pasty faces to settle in their land. Eventually they rose up and pushed them South of the Rio Grande.

Nice strawman that doesn't adress what i said at all.

Allowing people to break the law, flies in the face of all the good people who have applied for and get citizenship the correct way, by following the law.

WoundedEgo

The law

The law

Nice strawman that doesn't adress what i said at all.

Allowing people to break the law, flies in the face of all the good people who have applied for and get citizenship the correct way, by following the law.

Mexican immigration is a kind of civil disobedience. No one "owns" the earth. Sure, we have laws. But we Europeans stole this land from the indigenous don't pretend we didn't. Why not give a guy coming here to get a fantastic job as a landscaper a break? Cut him some slack?

In the scriptures, the immigrant is called a "stranger". I was a "stranger" and you welcomed me.

Or, "I was a stranger and you didn't welcome me"... As much as you have done it to the least of these who are my brothers, you have done it to me".

Just sayin...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Mexican immigration is a kind of civil disobedience. No one "owns" the earth. Sure, we have laws. But we Europeans stole this land from the indigenous don't pretend we didn't. Why not give a guy coming here to get a fantastic job as a landscaper a break? Cut him some slack?

In the scriptures, the immigrant is called a "stranger". I was a "stranger" and you welcomed me.

Or, "I was a stranger and you didn't welcome me"... As much as you have done it to the least of these who are my brothers, you have done it to me".

Yes, they can follow the law and receive citizenship like the other people who have come here from other countries.

As to your last line, so you are saying america is and was founded as a christian nation?

Status
Not open for further replies.