Catholics Should Believe Their First Pope

Shubee

My point exactly. :thumb:
Again, what if I had a billion followers that called me the effulgence of God? Would you accept that as proof of spirituality? If that wouldn't be good enough, throw in a popemobile, some gorgeous pontifical robes and a funny looking hat that looks like a fish head. Would that persuade you?

Cruciform

Again, what if I had a billion followers that called me the effulgence of God? Would you accept that as proof of spirituality?
No. It would take solid corroboration from the record of ecclesiastical history that you are in fact the rightful successor of St. Peter, the Rock upon whom Jesus Christ himself founded his one historic Church, and against which he declared that the gates of hell would never prevail (Mt. 16:18-19; 1 Tim. 3:15).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

everready

Somehow you missed the part that I was a member of a Protestant church even though I was born Catholic. Unlike you apparently I will accept any challenges to my beliefs. However, after doing the research I'm back in the RCC.

No i didn't miss that part i just don't understand why you joined yourself to his body.

"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty."
--Pope Leo XIII, in an Encyclical Letter, June 20, 1894.

"For thou art another God on earth."
--History of the Councils, Vol. XIV, p. 109.

"We define that the Holy Apostolic See (the Vatican) and the Roman Pontiff hold the primacy over the whole world."
--A Decree of the Council of Trent, quoted in Philippe Labbe and Gabriel Cossart, The Most Holy Councils, Vol. 13, col. 1167.

"Take thou the tiara adorned with the triple crown, and know that thou art the Father of princes and of kings, and art the Governor of the world."
--Coronation Service of the Pontiffs.

"The Pope is the Supreme Judge... He is the vicegerent of Christ, who is not only a priest forever, but also King of kings and Lord of lords."
--Vatican Council, p. 220.

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but he is Jesus Christ Himself, hidden under veil of flesh."
--The Catholic National, July, 1895.

everready

everready

No. It would take solid corroboration from the record of ecclesiastical history that you are in fact the rightful successor of St. Peter, the Rock upon whom Jesus Christ himself founded his one historic Church, and against which he declared that the gates of hell would never prevail (Mt. 16:18-19; 1 Tim. 3:15).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Your saying the pope is the rock of our salvation? That would explain this.

"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty."
--Pope Leo XIII, in an Encyclical Letter, June 20, 1894.

everready

Sancocho

"For thou art another God on earth."
--History of the Councils, Vol. XIV, p. 109.

The translation comes from:

Cura denique, ut salutem quam dedisti nobis, & vitam & spiritum non amittamus. Tu enim pastor, tu medicus, tu gubernator, tu cultor, tu denique alter Deus in terris.

which translated correctly is:

Finally, it takes to the salvation which you have given us, the spirit of his life and not to lose. For you are a pastor, you a doctor, you are a pilot, for you to worship, you, in short, no other God on earth.

I have to wonder if some Christians hate is stronger than their love of Christ?

everready

The translation comes from:

Cura denique, ut salutem quam dedisti nobis, & vitam & spiritum non amittamus. Tu enim pastor, tu medicus, tu gubernator, tu cultor, tu denique alter Deus in terris.

which translated correctly is:

Finally, it takes to the salvation which you have given us, the spirit of his life and not to lose. For you are a pastor, you a doctor, you are a pilot, for you to worship, you, in short, no other God on earth.

I have to wonder if some Christians hate is stronger than their love of Christ?

Its more like this.

“It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist and as to what Antichrist is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not the Popery in the Church of Rome, there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name. . .It wounds Christ, because it robs Christ of His glory, because it puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement and lifts a piece of bread into the place of the Savior and a few drops of water into the place of the Holy Spirit and puts a mere fallible man like ourselves up as the Vicar of Christ on earth.

If we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors; we shall love their souls though we loathe and detest their dogmas. And so the breath of our prayers will be sweetened because we turn our faces toward Christ when we pray.”

– Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892)

everready

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why do you repudiate the words of the Apostle John and exalt the Apostle Paul over the Apostle John?
I accept and do not deny the truth of what John wrote, but recognize that John wasn't talking to me. John was commanded to go not in the way of the Gentiles,...but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (IOW, he wasn't talking to me (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV).

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV).
I follow Paul not John (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
I heard all the claims

My advice to anyone is do what I did. Accept any challenges to one's faith and take the time to verify them one by one. After all since I already knew Jesus there was little to be afraid of.
This is how the RCC must be tested: by the word of God in a King James Bible!

It can be shown that they are 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV) as they preach an other gospel than that which Paul preached unto us (Galatians 1:8-12 KJV). Anyone who has spent any amount of time in the catholic church (and many of us have) knows that they do not preach the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. They do not teach by grace are we saved through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). They do not teach that we have been forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV). They are deceitful workers in funny hats and robes ( 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV) as they preach an other gospel than that which Paul preached unto us (Galatians 1:8-12 KJV). Let them be accursed.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I accept and do not deny the truth of what John wrote, but recognize that John wasn't talking to me. John was commanded to go not in the way of the Gentiles,...but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (IOW, he wasn't talking to me (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV).

No Revelation for you then.

Revelation 10:11 KJV

11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No Revelation for you then.

Revelation 10:11 KJV

11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

No "my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest,..." (Romans 16:25-26 KJV) for you, then? We're in the but now!

1 Corinthians 13:8-13 KJV

Shubee

John wasn't talking to me. John was commanded to go not in the way of the Gentiles,...but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (IOW, he wasn't talking to me (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV).

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV).
I follow Paul not John (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV).
So in John's letter to the seven churches in the province of Asia, you believe that all those churches that John addressed were entirely Jewish without any Gentiles?

Sancocho

This is how the RCC must be tested: by the word of God in a King James Bible!

It can be shown that they are 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV) as they preach an other gospel than that which Paul preached unto us (Galatians 1:8-12 KJV). Anyone who has spent any amount of time in the catholic church (and many of us have) knows that they do not preach the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. They do not teach by grace are we saved through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). They do not teach that we have been forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV). They are deceitful workers in funny hats and robes ( 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV) as they preach an other gospel than that which Paul preached unto us (Galatians 1:8-12 KJV). Let them be accursed.

Those who wrote the KJR honored Mary and believed she was conceived without sin (Immaculate Conception) and was a Virgin, so can we assume you believe the same?

Sancocho

Its more like this.

“It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist and as to what Antichrist is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not the Popery in the Church of Rome, there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name. . .It wounds Christ, because it robs Christ of His glory, because it puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement and lifts a piece of bread into the place of the Savior and a few drops of water into the place of the Holy Spirit and puts a mere fallible man like ourselves up as the Vicar of Christ on earth.

If we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors; we shall love their souls though we loathe and detest their dogmas. And so the breath of our prayers will be sweetened because we turn our faces toward Christ when we pray.”

– Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892)

everready

So you think a quote from another Protestant who doesn't know the Bible much less Christian history much less the origin of his own church would somehow convince me to believe half-truths???

Where is the logic in that? I embraced Protestantism and what I learned about doctrine was make a lot of claims and hope something sticks. Not exactly the manifestations of the Holy Spirit, to say the least.

I believe Protestants, as demonstrated by yourself and others on this forum daily, will not address any serious challenges because they are afraid of the implications and that is why you guys disappear frequently.

everready

So you think a quote from another Protestant who doesn't know the Bible much less Christian history much less the origin of his own church would somehow convince me to believe half-truths???

Where is the logic in that? I embraced Protestantism and what I learned about doctrine was make a lot of claims and hope something sticks. Not exactly the manifestations of the Holy Spirit, to say the least.

I believe Protestants, as demonstrated by yourself and others on this forum daily, will not address any serious challenges because they are afraid of the implications and that is why you guys disappear frequently.

Your running from one religion to the other religion won't save you only Jesus Christ can do that, no church, no religion, only Jesus.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

everready

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

Salvation is instantaneously without all those made made rituals you mentioned and no masters degree in history from Yale is required. "Instant" is a lot quicker than you have any clue about. Thats why you don't need RCC to ordain you and autorize to to preach and lead. RCC is a denomination like all others. Thay are the same.

Sancocho

Your running from one religion to the other religion won't save you only Jesus Christ can do that, no church, no religion, only Jesus.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

everready

So you are the only one that can change denominations and yet still know Christ??