ECT Catalog of Pentecostal scandals

Cross Reference

Nobody I ever listened to say those things...why do you not find out what is good and true and true to scripture.

I am Pentecostal because that is what I got when I got saved, not in a meeting but in my own home.

I very soon discovered that most Christians even though they are saved do not have the fullness of the Spirit.

YOU know if you have the fullness of the Holy Spirit or not. Stop making excuses like this preacher or that preacher or tv star. You seek the fullness of the blessing for yourself.

I read C.H.Spurgeon and he mourned in his day that so very few Christians ever enter into the fullness of the Holy Spirit

Spurgeon spoke against pentecost. How do you account for that?

lifeisgood

For whom -- pentecostals in general? Or Gospel-denying false teachers who show zero sign of even thinking they have anything to repent of? Because I'm talking about (b), not (a).

But that is the point musterion, it is not because they are Pentecostals.

There are some in these our TOL battling grounds who say they do not have to repent of anything because 1 John 1:9 is not for the ones in Paul's gospel - and they're not even Pentecostals.

So go figure.

Maybe the issue is because they're public figures and their warts can be seen publicly and easy to spot and the warts in all in these our TOL battling grounds, e.g., and in all other camps they wish to be accounted with, cannot be seen publicly.

Danoh

Consider that anyone who is not 100% Cessationist is, is Charismstic in one way or another, regardless of their assertion otherwise.

Just as anyone who views the Body as having begun at Pentecost is Pentecostal, in a sense, regardless of their assertion otherwise.

A tree is known by its fruit. And as with behaviors, one's beliefs spring from the same tree their behaviors spring from - regardless of one's assertions otherwise.

musterion

Why don't you study the subject for yourself in scripture? instead of squawking out practised lines~?

Find out from Paul if it is right or wrong to desire the gifts? what their proper use is in private devotion and in the assembly.

Whether tongues with interpretation is for a sign or for edification.

Who are you insulting? you think me? you think I will be abashed at your unbelief? your mockery?

Sorry, I missed your answer.

Tongues ARE NOT a sign for believers, but for unbelievers.

Who is the last non-Christian you spoke to in tongues?

Cross Reference

Consider that anyone who is not 100% Cessationist is, is Charismstic in one way or another, regardless of their assertion otherwise.

Just as anyone who views the Body as having begun at Pentecost is Pentecostal, in a sense, regardless of their assertion otherwise.

A tree is known by its fruit. And as with behaviors, one's beliefs spring from the same tree their behaviors spring from - regardless of one's assertions otherwise.

One's conception of God will determine his dedication. Mine is in the extreme.

Pentecostals are non-cessationists. Any one who would say that Pentecostals believe the body began at pentecost is either biblically illiterate, stupid or a liar. A tree is know by its fruit, indeed.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Sorry, I missed your answer.

Tongues ARE NOT a sign for believers, but for unbelievers.

Who is the last non-Christian you spoke to in tongues?

I answered you

In this matter YOU are the unbeliever

Paul has a great deal more to say about tongues than this he says that tongues when used in conjunction with interpretation is for edifying the body of Christ....

How do YOU edify the body of Christ in assembly?

Do you speak word of wisdom? knowledge? do you prophesy? do you interpret? what?

If you are not ministering by the Holy Spirit then you are only ministering along fleshly lines

...isn't that just the case with most protestant churches today?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
people coming out of meeting the same way they went in, their prayers unheard, their problems unsolved, their needs unmet.

Meetings seems to be just as unconnected to peoples lives as mass is.

And the truly hurt and needy don't even bother to go.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So he found a comprise in Irving, something that placated his convictions. He remains a cessationist to my understanding.

C.H.S. was a 19th century man, if he had been 20th or 21st century he would be right there where the Lord is in the church.

In fact he on numerous occasions operated in the gifts.

He was known to point out people in his audience and tell their case publicly...."there in the balcony I see a woman who has stolen from her mistress, she needs to repent and find the Saviour"

And the woman he pointed did come and confessed all and was saved.

He also supported George Muller of Bristol who miraculously fed and clothed thousands of orphans on a day to day basis for 50 years, never asking for money

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I answered you

In this matter YOU are the unbeliever

Paul has a great deal more to say about tongues than this he says that tongues when used in conjunction with interpretation is for edifying the body of Christ....

How do YOU edify the body of Christ in assembly?

Do you speak word of wisdom? knowledge? do you prophesy? do you interpret? what?

If you are not ministering by the Holy Spirit then you are only ministering along fleshly lines

...isn't that just the case with most protestant churches today?

Without the anointing of the Holy Spirit, MAD has to rely upon their own works, thus condemning themselves.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

People like yourself adhere to the doctrine which is suited to their own unchanged heart.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One's conception of God will determine his dedication. Mine is in the extreme.

Pentecostals are non-cessationists. Any one who would say that Pentecostals believe the body began at pentecost is either biblically illiterate, stupid or a liar. A tree is know by its fruit, indeed.

Has this post got errors in it?

LA

Danoh

...How do YOU edify the body of Christ in assembly?...

Via the Grace Life: teaching about who God has made one in Christ and how its walk is lived out.

One example of this rooting, of this grounding in, of this edifying, of this building up in the faith, via its very specific, key principle, details...

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using; ) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

The average Mid-Acts Based Grace assembly teaching is passages upon passages like that; hour upon, hour, week upon week of that...

It can puff up, though, if one is not careful.

Thus, Paul's...

Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 1:10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Lol - or as Jean Carne put it "Don't let go to your head, now, don't let it go to your head, no - no, no, no..."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, use your own mind, that's what it's there for. Just find someone before the start of Paul's preaching ministry that was saved by hearing and believing Christ had died for their sins, was buried, and rose again for their justification, without works but simply on the basis of faith in the Gospel of the grace of God.

Its interesting that you were not "saved" until you heard Paul.

I was saved by Christ who ever lives and speaks.

Paul is dead until his resurrection.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey LA, has anyone ever told you that you're a pain in the neck? Besides
me of course?

Get saved.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.