Can you do it?

False Prophet

about the bitter words spoken by the Six. For, in those days the six, when they disagreed with respectable Brethren, used to taunt, revile and jeer them, and load them with the ten kinds of abuse.

False Prophet

The 'Six' were notorious Brethren who are always mentioned as defying the rules of the Order.
I guess the respectable brethren are the ones who are in charge.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not without being a hypocrite.

Or, if your definition of kindness is telling the truth no matter how much it might offend the hearer, then yes. Was it kind for Jesus to call the Pharisees "liars" and "whited sepulchers filled with dead men's bones"?

Jesus never ministered the truth to His disciples in those terms.

Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Mat 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Mat 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
Mat 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
Mat 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

LA

False Prophet

In the words of John the Baptist:
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Matt 3:7
Jesus said:
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. Matt 12:34
Jesus said to the priests:
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Matt 23:33
I don't think that this would justify me talking to you guys in this manner.

glorydaz

Jesus never ministered the truth to His disciples in those terms.

Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Mat 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Mat 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
Mat 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
Mat 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

LA

And you think everybody is a believer? Is that what you're suggesting? :chew:

Was Jesus nice when he spoke the truth to the Pharisees or not?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And you think everybody is a believer? Is that what you're suggesting? :chew:

Was Jesus nice when he spoke the truth to the Pharisees or not?
"Not nice" things Jesus said...

42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

‘The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the Lord’s doing,
And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. 44 And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”

Luke 19:27 But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’”

Someone should start a thread quoting all of the true but not nice things Jesus said.

False Prophet

"Not everyone who says to me, LORD, LORD"
21 “Not all those who say ‘You are our Lord’ will enter the kingdom of heaven. The only people who will enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do what my Father in heaven wants. 22 On the last day many people will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, we spoke for you, and through you we forced out demons and did many miracles.’ 23 Then I will tell them clearly, ‘Get away from me, you who do evil. I never knew you.’ Matt 7

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well that's just about the dumbest thing you've said yet. You never cease to amaze me. :nono:

If you talk like you are Christ then you are a false Christ.

Passing judgment on other posters so you can talk evil of them is the devils work.

LA