CAN WE FALL AWAY

genuineoriginal

Hebrews is aimed at Jewish believers who are not permanently "SEALED" by the Holy Spirit.
It has no present application, but will apply to those Messianic Jews during the Tribulation.

Nobody is "permanently sealed" by the Holy Spirit.

The people that believe in the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved are mistaken in their thinking that "sealed" means "conclude, establish, or secure (something) definitively, excluding the possibility of reversal or loss."

The true meaning of "sealed" by the Holy Spirit is: "fix a piece of wax or lead stamped with a design to (a document) to authenticate it".
Believers are marked as authentic when they have the Holy Spirit living in them.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
How much can I get away with and still stay saved? Feeling mischievous today..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beameup

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you"

No difference.

I can't believe you are unable to figure this out.
Holy Spirit "upon" + "sealed"

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, Ephesians 1:13

genuineoriginal

How much can I get away with and still stay saved? Feeling mischievous today..
The scribes and Pharisees were condemned by Jesus for the way they interpreted the Law to see how much they could get away with.
Do you really want Jesus to condemn you for the same thing?

heir

TOL Subscriber
"If you are Christ's" seems simple enough to me.
Paul's audience to whom the "word of this salvation is sent" at that time was only Jews and Greeks and they were Acts 13:16 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV. That's not us, as we in time past were likened to these Gentiles (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). Seems simple enough to me.