Can the natural man do good towards God ?

beloved57

I know this will be challenged but the answer is absolutely NO ! The natural man doesnt and has no ability to do anything good towards God. Im not saying he doesnt do good at all from a external, public standpoint toward people, but towards God. Man can and often does appear and do good things before the eyes of men. He can be very religious, moral, of excellent behaviour in all of his relationships among men. He can be very charitable, merciful, forgiving before and towards men,, but yet not before God can he nor will he do any good thing.

Scripture says of the natural man, even in his best state: Rom 3:9-18

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Now lets answer honestly, according to Rom 3:12 how many among men doeth good ?

beloved57

Man cant do good towards God naturally because by nature we are spiritually dead in trespasses and sins, alienated from the life of God, and dont have a heart towards God that Loves Him as the Law requires Matt 22:36-38

[FONT=&quot]36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]38 This is the first and great commandment.

See Man even in his pristine innocence in Adam failed here in this regard. Yes Adam and Eve failed to Love God as the First and Greatest Commandment requires, and the history of Adam and Eve in Gen 2-3 can prove it !

Since then man has been confirmed in spiritual death and alienation towards God, which condition makes him incapable of doing good towards God, because mans heart by nature isn't capable of meeting the High Lofty standard of the 1st and Greatest Commandment ![/FONT]

Truster

If, as you say that a man is justified before he is born then everything the man intends, thinks, says and does is acceptable at the face of the Almighty.

However, man is born in sin and under wrath because there is nothing pleasing in the man unless he is accepted in the Beloved via regeneration.

You keep contradicting yourself.

Nanja

Man cant do good towards God naturally because by nature we are spiritually dead in trespasses and sins, alienated from the life of God, and dont have a heart towards God that Loves Him as the Law requires Matt 22:36-38

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]36 [/B][/FONT][B]Master, which is the great commandment in the law?[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.[/FONT]

[FONT="][B][FONT=Arial][B]38 [/B][/FONT]This is the first and great commandment.[/B]

See Man even in his pristine innocence in Adam failed here in this regard. Yes Adam and Eve failed to Love God as the First and Greatest Commandment requires, and the history of Adam and Eve in Gen 2-3 can prove it !

Since then man has been confirmed in spiritual death and alienation towards God, which condition makes him incapable of doing good towards God, because mans heart by nature isn't capable of meeting the High Lofty standard of the 1st and Greatest Commandment ![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]Amen to both parts !

The natural [unregenerate] man has zero ability to do good towards God with his wicked heart Jer. 17:9: Even his most sincere works of hand or mind are nothing more than filthy rags in God's Sight Is. 64:6; Rom. 8:8 because their carnal mind is at enmity with Him Rom. 8:7 !

beloved57

Scripture says of the natural man Jer 13:23

Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Lets answer these two questions. The answer is NO
Man by nature has no more ability to do good as much as a Ethiopian has the ability to change his skin or the leopard his spots !

Nanja

Scripture says of the natural man Jer 13:23

Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Lets answer these two questions. The answer is NO
Man by nature has no more ability to do good as much as a Ethiopian has the ability to change his skin or the leopard his spots !

Exactly ! This speaks of the Doctrinal Truth of Total Depravity and Inability spiritually of the natural man.

All human beings by nature are accustomed to do evil Gen. 6:5 and can no more change his wicked heart than the Ethiopian can change his skin, or the leopard his spots. But those Christ died for are healed by His Stripes Is. 53:5 and made experimentally Righteous when they are Given a New Heart Ezek. 36:26-27 in New Birth: Made Spiritually Alive to Live unto Righteousness 1 Pet. 2:24 !

beloved57

Exactly ! This speaks of the Doctrinal Truth of Total Depravity and Inability spiritually of the natural man.

All human beings by nature are accustomed to do evil Gen. 6:5 and can no more change his wicked heart than the Ethiopian can change his skin, or the leopard his spots. But those Christ died for are healed by His Stripes Is. 53:5 and made experimentally Righteous when they are Given a New Heart Ezek. 36:26-27 in New Birth: Made Spiritually Alive to Live unto Righteousness 1 Pet. 2:24 !
Most definitely!

beloved57

Globally man by nature is averse towards God. Hes naturally a disputer with God He i He naturally repliest against God Rom 9:20

[FONT=&quot]Nay but, O man, who art thou that [/FONT]repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

That word repliest means:

I contradict, reply against, give a hostile answer.

See by nature our minds and hearts are enmity against God Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

It says also of man naturally that hes not subject to the law of God, so therefore God, and he cant be Thats inability, not freewill.

Nanja

Globally man by nature is averse towards God. Hes naturally a disputer with God He i He naturally repliest against God Rom 9:20

[FONT="]Nay but, O man, who art thou that [/FONT]repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

That word repliest means:

I contradict, reply against, give a hostile answer.

See by nature our minds and hearts are enmity against God Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

It says also of man naturally that hes not subject to the law of God, so therefore God, and he cant be Thats inability, not freewill.

Amen Brother, the Total Depravity of the natural man prevents him from doing anything by hand or mind that pleases God Rom. 8:7-8, and that includes the choices he makes which have already been determined by God to be made Dan. 4:35; and yet God still holds him accountable, even though he could not have done otherwise than what God's predetermined council determined Is. 46:10.

The human heart cannot repent towards God and stop doing evil [inability], unless God gives him a New Heart in New Birth.

Ezek. 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

beloved57

Of course not!
Remember that I am not a Christian.

If God says "give charity", and you give charity. Then you have done good. Towards Man and God. It is not that complicated.

Ok, your honest about it. The fact that you are not a Christian, so I dont expect you to understand !

beloved57

The natural man cant and doesn't have the freewill ability to receive and understand any spiritual matters. 1 Cor 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited:

beloved57

See the natural man doesn't have any Spiritual life. He's dead to the spiritual realm and as a result he can't see, hear, nor understand Spiritually.

Last edited:

beloved57

Jesus once said to spiritually dead jews this Jn 8:43,47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Last edited: