Can Self-Identification Be Incorrect?

glassjester

Look at this:

Should one's gender identity be recognized and (legally) accepted by others, if it contradicts reality? If so, is gender the only trait that someone can deny or change at will?

What about height?
Weight?
Race?
Age?
Species?

Is it possible for someone to incorrectly identify themselves?
Does anyone have the right or duty to correct an incorrect self-identity, or should we all just politely play along?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Is it possible for someone to incorrectly identify themselves?
Does anyone have the right or duty to correct an incorrect self-identity, or should we all just politely play along?

they get really upset when you tell them they are not saved

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

A right. Of course, it's called freedom of speech ... which includes speech that I don't agree with and that you don't agree with. Insofar as a duty to correct .... Anna is spot ont ...

We should respect what's not ours to judge.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Insofar as a duty to correct .... Anna is spot ont ...

What a load of nonsense.

You all have made these people willing and able to go under the knife to permanently change themselves into something that is mortally sinful, and tell us 'not to judge'. And then, they'll go find peace in being told a lie and turn the wheel of desecration even more.

There is nothing wrong with judging righteously, or telling the truth.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I self-identify as a 7 and a half foot tall black basketball star and if the NBA doesn't find me a place on one of their teams I'm gonna sue them for discrimination :sibbie:

rexlunae

I self-identify as a 7 and a half foot tall black basketball star and if the NBA doesn't find me a place on one of their teams I'm gonna sue them for discrimination :sibbie:

You can come up with all the dumb examples of attributes that are not a matter of self-identification you like. It's not going to do anything but demonstrate your own bewilderment.