Can a person be a Jew and a Christian at the same time?

MennoSota

Galatians 3:27-29
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.

If a person desires to identify with their ancestral heritage (Italian, Swede, Cameroon), I see no reason not to enjoy the culture. But, upon being adopted as heirs of the promise, there is only Christ with whom we truly identify.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 3:27-29
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.

If a person desires to identify with their ancestral heritage (Italian, Swede, Cameroon), I see no reason not to enjoy the culture. But, upon being adopted as heirs of the promise, there is only Christ with whom we truly identify.

I am a Jewish Convert. But I am a Christian.

MennoSota

I am a Jewish Convert. But I am a Christian.
You're a Christian. The Mosaic Law no longer is required. If you are following Judaism as your means of redemption, you aren't a Christian.
Which is it?
Within Christianity there is neither Jew nor Gentile. We are either in Christ or not in Christ.
Which is it?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're a Christian. The Mosaic Law no longer is required. If you are following Judaism as your means of redemption, you aren't a Christian.
Which is it?
Within Christianity there is neither Jew nor Gentile. We are either in Christ or not in Christ.
Which is it?

Incorrect. There is still Jew just as there is male. I am both. I am in Christ as well. I don't know that it is a means of redemption. If I have been bought at all it is by God and Jesus. I do not know why people say the Mosaic Law is not required. I am not under the Law I am under grace.

MennoSota

Incorrect. There is still Jew just as there is male. I am both. I am in Christ as well. I don't know that it is a means of redemption. If I have been bought at all it is by God and Jesus. I do not know why people say the Mosaic Law is not required. I am not under the Law I am under grace.
If you converted, that means you have no cultural ties to Israel and now that you are a Christian you are no longer converted to Judaism. You may find some of the Jewish cultural traditions nice, but that doesn't make you Jewish. It seems you are confused.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A Jew, by definition, denies Jesus' deity.

Incorrect. The gospel is for the Jew and the Greek. The deity of Jesus is a different subject from the Trinity. I am not Trinitarian. I believe in the deity of Jesus. That He is the Son of God. But not that He is a demigod.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you converted, that means you have no cultural ties to Israel and now that you are a Christian you are no longer converted to Judaism. You may find some of the Jewish cultural traditions nice, but that doesn't make you Jewish. It seems you are confused.

I grew up with ties to Christianity being a Christian. I became a Jew by becoming a convert. But I am a Christian because I still identify with Christians. Though there has been a time where I have said that I am not a Christian.

MennoSota

I grew up with ties to Christianity being a Christian. I became a Jew by becoming a convert. But I am a Christian because I still identify with Christians. Though there has been a time where I have said that I am not a Christian.
Sounds like you are just a secular Christian. A Christian in name only.

MennoSota

No. What is a secular Christian? Would you say that I am religious?

I have been seen as a religious Jew and a religious Christian in my life.
I don't know you. What you share causes me to view you as someone who thinks self identification makes the determination. You seem to desire to vascillate like the wind.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't know you. What you share causes me to view you as someone who thinks self identification makes the determination. You seem to desire to vascillate like the wind.

No. People have argued with me to the point that I claim both.

MennoSota

No. People have argued with me to the point that I claim both.
You can claim anything you like. Claiming something doesn't make you that thing. I can claim to be trans-species, but that claim doesn't make me a unicorn. [emoji882] I'm still a human, regardless of my claim.
In the case of faith, that claim must be backed up by doctrinal support. The claims of Judaism and Christianity are diametrically opposed in the nature of Yeshua, Jesus, as both Messiah and God.
A Jew can place himself under dietary and legal restrictions of the Mosaic Covenant, but this person must reconcile with the letter to the Galatians or risk trying to maintain salvation by law rather than grace.

Apple7

Incorrect. The gospel is for the Jew and the Greek. The deity of Jesus is a different subject from the Trinity. I am not Trinitarian. I believe in the deity of Jesus. That He is the Son of God. But not that He is a demigod.

Christians worship Christ.

Do you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You can claim anything you like. Claiming something doesn't make you that thing. I can claim to be trans-species, but that claim doesn't make me a unicorn. [emoji882] I'm still a human, regardless of my claim.
In the case of faith, that claim must be backed up by doctrinal support. The claims of Judaism and Christianity are diametrically opposed in the nature of Yeshua, Jesus, as both Messiah and God.
A Jew can place himself under dietary and legal restrictions of the Mosaic Covenant, but this person must reconcile with the letter to the Galatians or risk trying to maintain salvation by law rather than grace.

Obeying the commandments of the Law has nothing to do with not being under the Law and being under grace. As a Christian I am not a Trinitarian. It is possible to be a believer and to be zealous for the Law. No problem. Zealous for good deeds.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The better question is can Yah be Father and Father less at the same time...

Either God has a Son or He doesnt...

That should help you answer your question...

God has a Son as the Jewish Scriptures say.

MennoSota

Obeying the commandments of the Law has nothing to do with not being under the Law and being under grace. As a Christian I am not a Trinitarian. It is possible to be a believer and to be zealous for the Law. No problem. Zealous for good deeds.
We will disagree.