BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balder

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

God reveals what He wishes to, to whom He wishes. Never having any revelation from Him merely makes one jealous of those who have such. To fill in that 'gap' many turn to false gods or foolish heresies, and all simply because they didn't have the courage of their convictions enough to seek The One True and Living God with all of their heart. Sad. :nono:

Translation: "Tut, tut, tut. God chose me, not you. I am special. You're really pathetic."

Aimiel

Translation: "Tut, tut, tut. God chose me, not you. I am special. You're really pathetic."
I must admit that I am special, but only because God lives in me. He can live in you, too, but apparently you don't want Him to. He said that He would be sought and found by all those who seek and search for Him with all of their heart. Don't blame me because you've settled for less than all of Him. You're the one who is pathetic, because you find the faults you have yourself in others, and then poo-poo them for what you do yourself. :yawn:

Aimiel

Note that God doesn't say that He shows mercy to those that hate Him:

Thou shalt have none other gods before me. Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

Ecumenicist

You're right. But look closely at the proof texts they will offer. Go back to you Bible and look them up and you will find that they have been taken out of context.

I thought this passage stands pretty solidly against universalist teachings. It will be interesting to see how they deal with it. My bet is that they will not address this passage directly and wil instead post other proof texts that "nulify" or "modify" this text.

Those admonitions do stand against Universalism as it applies to those who have
"received the knowledge of the truth," not humanity in general. The elect few who recognize
God's Grace through Christ, accept it, and then, despite having received the Spirit of
Grace, procede to "insult the Spirit of Grace."

Grace is unconditional love, unmerited favor, conferred and demonstrated to humanity through
the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for all of humanity, indeed all of creation.

To "insult the Spirit of Grace" is the very definition of Eternal Torment, it strives to nullify God's
"Spirit of Grace." Like the miser whose debt was forgiven but then proceded to convey
heavy penalties on those who owed him.

"I demand mercy and not sacrifice." ET is not mercy. Conveying the ET message is not
merciful.

Aimiel

Looks like they're just gonna' completely ignore your post, CabinetMaker, just like they ignore huge pockets of Scripture: wholesale.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Those admonitions do stand against Universalism as it applies to those who have
"received the knowledge of the truth," not humanity in general. The elect few who recognize
God's Grace through Christ, accept it, and then, despite having received the Spirit of
Grace, procede to "insult the Spirit of Grace."

Grace is unconditional love, unmerited favor, conferred and demonstrated to humanity through
the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for all of humanity, indeed all of creation.

To "insult the Spirit of Grace" is the very definition of Eternal Torment, it strives to nullify God's
"Spirit of Grace." Like the miser whose debt was forgiven but then proceded to convey
heavy penalties on those who owed him.

"I demand mercy and not sacrifice." ET is not mercy. Conveying the ET message is not
merciful.
Case in point. Dave has redefined eternal torment to mean insulting the spirit of grace, totally ignores the raging fire and then throws out passage form Hosea 6 that is dealing with Israels' unrepentance as a proof that ET doesn't exist.

Try again Dave.

Aimiel

Case in point. Dave has redefined eternal torment to mean insulting the spirit of grace, totally ignores the raging fire and then throws out passage form Hosea 6 that is dealing with Israels' unrepentance as a proof that ET doesn't exist.

Try again Dave.
I wonder why Dave believes Christ didn't tell a parable about a rich man who insulted The Spirit of Grace, rather than one who is in torment by flames? Thank God that His warnings that every liar will have their place in hell has influenced far more men to be true than what this world might have seen if God had said, "I'll slap all liars on their wrists and let them into My Presence."

Ecumenicist

Try again Dave.

Here's how dictionary.com defines Grace from a theological perspective:

the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.

How does one insult Grace? By refuting, or discrediting it.

Does Universalism discredit Grace? No, Universalism embraces Grace
wholeheartedly.

Does eternal torment discredit Grace? Yes, it flies in the face of the concept of
God's unconditional, unmerited Love, demonstrated to humanity through the teachings,
life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

As far as the raging fire goes, for the 100th time, the raging fires of scripture
are affirmed through the understanding that God's Fire is purgative and healing in nature.
This interpretation fits all scripture, not just Universalist bits and pieces.

We keep getting accused of ignoring scripture, yet we address every single scriptural
challenge. ET'ers are the only ones that ignore, and rewrite Scripture.

Ecumenicist

I wonder why Dave believes Christ didn't tell a parable about a rich man who insulted The Spirit of Grace, rather than one who is in torment by flames? Thank God that His warnings that every liar will have their place in hell has influenced far more men to be true than what this world might have seen if God had said, "I'll slap all liars on their wrists and let them into My Presence."

That's the only scripture you got, Lazarus in the flames. But Lazarus cried out to Abraham,
not Christ. When Christ released the prisoners, Lazarus was among them.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Here's how dictionary.com defines Grace from a theological perspective:

the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.

How does one insult Grace? By refuting, or discrediting it.

Does Universalism discredit Grace? No, Universalism embraces Grace
wholeheartedly.

Does eternal torment discredit Grace? Yes, it flies in the face of the concept of
God's unconditional, unmerited Love, demonstrated to humanity through the teachings,
life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

As far as the raging fire goes, for the 100th time, the raging fires of scripture
are affirmed through the understanding that God's Fire is purgative and healing in nature.
This interpretation fits all scripture, not just Universalist bits and pieces.

We keep getting accused of ignoring scripture, yet we address every single scriptural
challenge. ET'ers are the only ones that ignore, and rewrite Scripture.
Well yes, but only because you keep ignoring scripture and continually take it out of context. Doubt me? Look at the number you just did on God's grace! You take one piece of scripture that talks of God's love as being a refiners fire and apply that to every mention of fire in the Bible! You clearly ignore the texts and redefine inconvienant words to create a false doctrine.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
That's the only scripture you got, Lazarus in the flames. But Lazarus cried out to Abraham,
not Christ. When Christ released the prisoners, Lazarus was among them.
You might want to actually open your Bible to this passage and re-read it. Lazarus was never in the fire.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Get over yourself! I've seen your "prophets." They strut around on stage shouting and pretending to be God, issuing cryptic statements and calling for the beheadings of people.

Golly! Balder is judging God by men again! Whooda thunk it?!

How about trying judging men by God instead?

Might get uncomfy though, for you too are part of that all that have sinned. The wages of those sins has earned you death. Repent.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
If God (and Balder) allows, I would not stand between Balder and God as mediator, but by Balder's side as a friend.

You will be too busy answering for your own actions. I know you'd love to take Christ's place as balder's friend, it's just too bad he won't listen to his True friend, the One that died for him.

On your behalf, however, I continue and pray that one day you might recognize God's Grace in its unlimited fullness and wonder and joy.

Wow dave... praying for me while a buddhist faces Judgement.

Pathetic.

What of humility, Aimiel?

Yeah, let's talk about humilty dave. You are the one saying God sins and we can forgive Him. You the one that tries to change the Law. Puh-leeze.

Balder

Golly! Balder is judging God by men again! Whooda thunk it?!
Huh? I wasn't "judging God." I was just telling Aimiel I didn't have any respect for the prophets he's referred to in the past. Which, to me, also serves as a kind of reflection on him, since he considers himself a prophet and respects these ex-druggies who pretend to speak with God's voice and call for the beheading of Muslims.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Huh? I wasn't "judging God." I was just telling Aimiel I didn't have any respect for the prophets he's referred to in the past.

Looks to me as if you got the wrong crowd.

They're not 'my' prophets. I've often seen more peacock in some people on TV than Holy Spirit, in those who claim to be filled with His Spirit. Not everyone who says they're Christian are, many are hucksters: merely snake-oil salesmen with a large and ignorant audience who've deceived themselves. :vomit:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
No, Aimiel told me about some of the "prophets" he likes. I remember researching one and finding him to be really "out there." I'll see if I can find his stuff again.

Did they have something to say about the eternity of the lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.