Brainwashing

Bee1

I think I do. A Semitic group from Canaan who were somehow imprison while in Egypt, an Egyptian who was also Semitic in origin identified with Israelites led them on a Exodus to promise land in Canaan and started a kingdom. Right?
It may have been Judaism or I may have wanted to be or become a Jew. Do you know about the Torah? Do you know what an Israelite is?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know that YHWH talked to Moses and said to tell the Israelites that "I am" has sent you.
I know that Jesus spoke to the Israelites and said, "Before Abraham was, I am."
Jesus tells us he is YHWH.
Jesus then proves he is YHWH by rising from the dead.

Incorrect.

Are you willing to receive instruction?

Jesus is not God. Also, you do not have the correct understanding. You also do not have the correct name of and for God.

You will find God's name in the Hebrew in the Torah. God revealed His name to Moses. You will first need to know the Hebrew Letters.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think I do. A Semitic group from Canaan who were somehow imprison while in Egypt, an Egyptian who was also Semitic in origin identified with Israelites led them on a Exodus to promise land in Canaan and started a kingdom. Right?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

No. That is not what you will find in the Torah if you will but read it. Your words also are important.

MennoSota

Incorrect.

Are you willing to receive instruction?

Jesus is not God. Also, you do not have the correct understanding. You also do not have the correct name of and for God.

You will find God's name in the Hebrew in the Torah. God revealed His name to Moses. You will first need to know the Hebrew Letters.
Jesus tells us that he is God. His resurrection tells us he is God. His apostles tell us he is God.
You reject this truth. That's on you.
There is more than one word used in the Bible. YHWH is certainly one of those words for God. You merely nitpick to distract from the truth that Jesus said he is the "I am"...the exact name that God told Moses.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus tells us that he is God. His resurrection tells us he is God. His apostles tell us he is God.
You reject this truth. That's on you.
There is more than one word used in the Bible. YHWH is certainly one of those words for God. You merely nitpick to distract from the truth that Jesus said he is the "I am"...the exact name that God told Moses.
Don't take it from me. Learn to read the Hebrew for yourself. I do not intend to make you my enemy. I am sharing what I have learned after reading the Bible. If you study the Torah you will know. If you read the Tanach that is good too.

MennoSota

Don't take it from me. Learn to read the Hebrew for yourself. I do not intend to make you my enemy. I am sharing what I have learned after reading the Bible. If you study the Torah you will know. If you read the Tanach that is good too.
I read the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. God's book is living and active, like a two edged sword.
Are you part of the Hebrew Roots cult?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Great, so you can see Jesus in the Hebrew Bible from Genesis through Malachi. You can then read the gospels, 3 of which are written by Jews that outline how Jesus fulfills the Torah.

I grew up with the Bible as a Christian. I do not accept it. I do believe Yeshua to be the Messiah. I would rather read the Tanach.

MennoSota

I grew up with the Bible as a Christian. I do not accept it. I do believe Yeshua to be the Messiah. I would rather read the Tanach.
You will find Jesus oozing through the books of the law. Not only is Yeshua the Messiah, he is what he said he is...God.
It seems that you have placed obstacles in front of yourself so that you miss God's message in the scriptures.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Even a born again Christian may be accountable to God or a human court for any wrongdoing they have done. Before Christ does not cut it. In my situation I care but not care bears. It should not be an obstacle to becoming a convert. But now I care about you but you do not care about my being a Jew. If every person can become a Jew can we ask if the person cares? That ought to count for something, right? Yes I have sinned, and fought a battle according to what came my way. To admit sin, for all have sinned, may result in forgiveness, condemnation, ostratization, isolation, or worse. But what is judgment, justice, freedom from sin, and true liberty? The possibility of sin may not involve a Hebrew Slave. In my case I can be accused of incest, and of not taking action or fighting a war against Osama Bin Laden, without Catholic aid or help too.
Confession is a gift in the Catholic Church. Catholics unload, unburden themselves to their confessors. The seal of confession is something that priests will willingly die to protect, you don't even get that from attorney-client privilege. Nobody has to know what your sins are, we all know we've got them, and we all aren't proud of them, and the priests know us in a very special way, and can help us, with our sins.

We don't have to confess light sins, but it's still encouraged to do it, because it's good for us. We can help ourselves to avoid graver sins later on, by confessing lighter sins now. But still, it is not pressured, and nobody is ostracized for not confessing light sins.

But confessing grave sins is one of the most important jobs of the priest, to assist you. He works with Catholics so that they have a helper with them who supports and cares for them, and he the confessor is hearing confession, because it's what Jesus wanted His Church to do, and she's been doing it from the start of things.

I care about you 'being a Jew,' I'm just telling you, nobody cares. It's it's---nobody cares.

You do whatever you need to do, whatever you want to do, and do it hard, as hard as you can, with 'being a Jew.' I encourage you to attack it with all vigor. But I am going to pester you so long as you'll permit it about Catholicism, because you'd make a homerun-hitting evangelist for the Catholic Church, if I could ever convince you. But I'll stop now, I don't mean to be a pain, but I see so much potential in you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You will find Jesus oozing through the books of the law. Not only is Yeshua the Messiah, he is what he said he is...God.
It seems that you have placed obstacles in front of yourself so that you miss God's message in the scriptures.

No.

I do not believe that Jesus is God. I do not believe in the Trinity. I do not believe in the Trinity Doctrine. I believe that all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. Colossians 2:9 NASB. It is said of Thomas that he said My Lord and My God. I do not grasp what that did does or could mean.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Confession is a gift in the Catholic Church. Catholics unload, unburden themselves to their confessors. The seal of confession is something that priests will willingly die to protect, you don't even get that from attorney-client privilege. Nobody has to know what your sins are, we all know we've got them, and we all aren't proud of them, and the priests know us in a very special way, and can help us, with our sins.

We don't have to confess light sins, but it's still encouraged to do it, because it's good for us. We can help ourselves to avoid graver sins later on, by confessing lighter sins now. But still, it is not pressured, and nobody is ostracized for not confessing light sins.

But confessing grave sins is one of the most important jobs of the priest, to assist you. He works with Catholics so that they have a helper with them who supports and cares for them, and he the confessor is hearing confession, because it's what Jesus wanted His Church to do, and she's been doing it from the start of things.

I care about you 'being a Jew,' I'm just telling you, nobody cares. It's it's---nobody cares.

You do whatever you need to do, whatever you want to do, and do it hard, as hard as you can, with 'being a Jew.' I encourage you to attack it with all vigor. But I am going to pester you so long as you'll permit it about Catholicism, because you'd make a homerun-hitting evangelist for the Catholic Church, if I could ever convince you. But I'll stop now, I don't mean to be a pain, but I see so much potential in you.

I understand Christian Evangelism, Street Ministry, Street Witnessing, and Street Preaching. I understand Christian Apologetics, Teaching, Theology, and Philosophy, or rather Jesus. But the potential God might see in me should it be possible that God would see potential in anyone, is not found in Catholic Confession. Are you familiar with Teshuvah? As a Torah Observant Jew I have God's Commandments, the Mitzvot. We have prayer, and sacrifice. Learning about sacrifice, even without the Temple, merits a reward. May God bless you as you study His Word, the Torah, the Tanach.

MennoSota

No.

I do not believe that Jesus is God. I do not believe in the Trinity. I do not believe in the Trinity Doctrine. I believe that all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. Colossians 2:9 NASB. It is said of Thomas that he said My Lord and My God. I do not grasp what that did does or could mean.

Do you deny that the Hebrew word, Elohim, is a plural?
This is why God says "Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness" in Genesis 1:26.
From the very beginning God expresses himself as one being and three distinct persons. We see all three persons revealed in the entire Bible. You must intentionally ignore these passages.
The more you write, the more you sound like a member of the Hebrew Roots cult. I know you claim to be orthodox, but no orthodox Jew will say Jesus is God. However, a Hebrew Roots person will make that claim, with the qualification that the one God manifests himself in three forms. That, of course is hard to explain at Jesus baptism when God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit are all present.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you deny that the Hebrew word, Elohim, is a plural?
This is why God says "Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness" in Genesis 1:26.
From the very beginning God expresses himself as one being and three distinct persons. We see all three persons revealed in the entire Bible. You must intentionally ignore these passages.
The more you write, the more you sound like a member of the Hebrew Roots cult. I know you claim to be orthodox, but no orthodox Jew will say Jesus is God. However, a Hebrew Roots person will make that claim, with the qualification that the one God manifests himself in three forms. That, of course is hard to explain at Jesus baptism when God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit are all present.

I do not believe those things. If you are Orthodox can you say that Jesus is the Son of God?

Are you familiar with the Shema? I am not talking about one being, three persons, or God manifesting Himself in three forms. I do not believe the doctrine that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit were, or are, all present.

MennoSota

I do not believe those things. If you are Orthodox can you say that Jesus is the Son of God?

Are you familiar with the Shema? I am not talking about one being, three persons, or God manifesting Himself in three forms. I do not believe the doctrine that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit were, or are, all present.
You stated:
I believe that all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. Colossians 2:9 NASB.
By believing the above verse, you acknowledge that Jesus is God.
Now, you say you don't. You seem confused.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You stated:
I believe that all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. Colossians 2:9 NASB.
By believing the above verse, you acknowledge that Jesus is God.
Now, you say you don't. You seem confused.

No. Jesus is the Son of God. But that might not be it.

MennoSota

No. Jesus is the Son of God. But that might not be it.
Colossians 2 says otherwise.
Colossians 2:6-17
[6]And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him.
[7]Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
[8]Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.
[9]For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.
[10]So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.
[11]When you came to Christ, you were “circumcised,” but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision—the cutting away of your sinful nature.
[12]For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead.
[13]You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins.
[14]He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross.
[15]In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.
[16]So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.
[17]For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.

Philippians 2 says otherwise.
Philippians 2:5-11
[5]You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
[6]Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
[7]Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form,
[8]he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
[9]Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names,
[10]that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
[11]and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Colossians 2 says otherwise.
Colossians 2:6-17
[6]And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him.
[7]Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
[8]Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.
[9]For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.
[10]So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.
[11]When you came to Christ, you were “circumcised,” but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision—the cutting away of your sinful nature.
[12]For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead.
[13]You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins.
[14]He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross.
[15]In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.
[16]So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.
[17]For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.

Philippians 2 says otherwise.
Philippians 2:5-11
[5]You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
[6]Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
[7]Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form,
[8]he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
[9]Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names,
[10]that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
[11]and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Read 1 Corinthians 15.

Interesting translation.

MennoSota

Okay...
Read 1 Corinthians 15.

Interesting translation.
1 Corinthians 15:1-58
[1]Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it.
[2]It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place.
[3]I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said.
[4]He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.
[5]He was seen by Peter and then by the Twelve.
[6]After that, he was seen by more than 500 of his followers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died.
[7]Then he was seen by James and later by all the apostles.
[8]Last of all, as though I had been born at the wrong time, I also saw him.
[9]For I am the least of all the apostles. In fact, I’m not even worthy to be called an apostle after the way I persecuted God’s church.
[10]But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me—and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace.
[11]So it makes no difference whether I preach or they preach, for we all preach the same message you have already believed.
[12]But tell me this—since we preach that Christ rose from the dead, why are some of you saying there will be no resurrection of the dead?
[13]For if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised either.
[14]And if Christ has not been raised, then all our preaching is useless, and your faith is useless.
[15]And we apostles would all be lying about God—for we have said that God raised Christ from the grave. But that can’t be true if there is no resurrection of the dead.
[16]And if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised.
[17]And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless and you are still guilty of your sins.
[18]In that case, all who have died believing in Christ are lost!
[19]And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world.
[20]But in fact, Christ has been raised from the dead. He is the first of a great harvest of all who have died.
[21]So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man.
[22]Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.
[23]But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.
[24]After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power.
[25]For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet.
[26]And the last enemy to be destroyed is death.
[27]For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.” (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.)
[28]Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.
[29]If the dead will not be raised, what point is there in people being baptized for those who are dead? Why do it unless the dead will someday rise again?
[30]And why should we ourselves risk our lives hour by hour?
[31]For I swear, dear brothers and sisters, that I face death daily. This is as certain as my pride in what Christ Jesus our Lord has done in you.
[32]And what value was there in fighting wild beasts—those people of Ephesus—if there will be no resurrection from the dead? And if there is no resurrection, “Let’s feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!”
[33]Don’t be fooled by those who say such things, for “bad company corrupts good character.”
[34]Think carefully about what is right, and stop sinning. For to your shame I say that some of you don’t know God at all.
[35]But someone may ask, “How will the dead be raised? What kind of bodies will they have?”
[36]What a foolish question! When you put a seed into the ground, it doesn’t grow into a plant unless it dies first.
[37]And what you put in the ground is not the plant that will grow, but only a bare seed of wheat or whatever you are planting.
[38]Then God gives it the new body he wants it to have. A different plant grows from each kind of seed.
[39]Similarly there are different kinds of flesh—one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish.
[40]There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.
[41]The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory.
[42]It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever.
[43]Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.
[44]They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.
[45]The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit.
[46]What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later.
[47]Adam, the first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven.
[48]Earthly people are like the earthly man, and heavenly people are like the heavenly man.
[49]Just as we are now like the earthly man, we will someday be like the heavenly man.
[50]What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.
[51]But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!
[52]It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.
[53]For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.
[54]Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.
[55]O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”
[56]For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power.
[57]But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.
[58]So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.