Born Again Of The Holy Spirit

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
A Christian in the milk witnessing from hearsay. A Christian in the meat witnesses from the verses. A born again Christian witnesses from experience .

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lololo You just blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

[Jde 1:19
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.

There is only one thing that is blasphemy of the Spirit. Do you know what it is?

Jerry Shugart

In the following verse the Apostle Paul describes how he was saved by being made alive by the spirit:

"He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit"
(Titus 3:5).​

Joseph Henry Thayer says that the Greek word translated 'rebirth' "denotes the restoration of a thing to its pristine state, its renovation."

The word "rebirth" is translated from the Greek word paliggenesia, which is the combination of palin and genesis.

Palin means "joined to verbs of all sorts,it denotes renewal or repetition of the action" (Thayer).

Genesis means "used of birth, nativity." (Thayer).

So when we combine the two words the meaning is a repetition of a birth. Therefore, when Paul used the Greek word translated "rebirth" to describe his salvation experience he was speaking of a repetition of a birth.

It is obvious that the reference is not to a "physical" rebirth, or the repetition of one's physical birth. Paul could only be speaking of a repetition of a spiritual birth. And the words that follow make it certain that the "birth" of which Paul is referring to is a "spiritual" birth--"renewal of the Holy Spirit."

Since the renewal of the Holy Spirit is in regard to being made alive spiritually then the previous birth of the Spirit must also be in regard to being made alive spiritually by the Holy Spirit. In other words, since a person is "rebirthed" by the Holy Spirit then that means that one must have previously been born of the Holy Spirit. That happens at conception.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
In the following verse the Apostle Paul describes how he was saved by being made alive by the spirit:

"He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit"
(Titus 3:5).​

Joseph Henry Thayer says that the Greek word translated 'rebirth' "denotes the restoration of a thing to its pristine state, its renovation."

The word "rebirth" is translated from the Greek word paliggenesia, which is the combination of palin and genesis.

Palin means "joined to verbs of all sorts,it denotes renewal or repetition of the action" (Thayer).

Genesis means "used of birth, nativity." (Thayer).

So when we combine the two words the meaning is a repetition of a birth. Therefore, when Paul used the Greek word translated "rebirth" to describe his salvation experience he was speaking of a repetition of a birth.

It is obvious that the reference is not to a "physical" rebirth, or the repetition of one's physical birth. Paul could only be speaking of a repetition of a spiritual birth. And the words that follow make it certain that the "birth" of which Paul is referring to is a "spiritual" birth--"renewal of the Holy Spirit."

Since the renewal of the Holy Spirit is in regard to being made alive spiritually then the previous birth of the Spirit must also be in regard to being made alive spiritually by the Holy Spirit. In other words, since a person is "rebirthed" by the Holy Spirit then that means that one must have previously been born of the Holy Spirit. That happens at conception.

I said
Carnally speaking that is pretty good.

[Gal 5:24
[24] And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
According to that there is no reason for anyone to turn to the Lord after being a non believer. Because blasphemy against the Spirit has no forgiveness. You should rethink your possition on that.
Hebrews 6:4-6 New King James Version (NKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 [a]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

When you truly fall away there is no repentance!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 6:4-6 New King James Version (NKJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 [a]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

When you truly fall away there is no repentance!

I said
Ok now your getting it..

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I do not quite get what you are trying to say. What I am saying to/showing you is that the rejection of Jesus is the unpardonable sin.

I said
[Mat 12:31-32
[31] "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy [against] the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
[32] "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the [age] to come.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why is blasphemy against the Spirit so serious? What is the ministry of the Spirit?His ministry brings forth that of the Lord Jesus Christ. He brings all to remembrance.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why is blasphemy against the Spirit so serious? What is the ministry of the Spirit?His ministry brings forth that of the Lord Jesus Christ. He brings all to remembrance.

I said

BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT (5 STEPS)
Matt 12:30-32
30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Heb 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
I Jn 5:16
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
2 Pet 2:21
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
1Thes 5:19
19 Do not quench the Spirit.
Luke 12:10
10 "And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.
Matt 26:24
24 "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born."
Matt 21:19
19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, "Let no fruit grow on you ever again." And immediately the fig tree withered away.
(NKJ)

There are 5 steps in blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Heb 6-4 defines blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Only preachers that have gone through these 5 steps can be unforgiven of blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Until one gets through all 5 steps they will be back sliding, or stumbling, or blaspheming. But if one gets through all 5 steps and then turns away. or says no to the Holy Spirit. Even now there are only two acceptable responses to the Holy Spirit. Obey or repent. They will never be called back. The milk understanding is 3 to 4 years long. The meat understanding is 11 years long. At the end of the 14 years one should come to revelations from Jesus. To rewrite his conscience. The conscience being your book of beliefs in your mind. But it takes the whole 14 years to crucify the flesh. I have been receiving these revelations now for 10 years. And if you will look in Gal 1-9 through Gal 2-2 you will see where Paul is exsplaining how long it takes to start receiving revelations of Christ.

2 Cor 11:12-15
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:26
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:5-6
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 2:20-22
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."
(NKJ)

[Mar 3:27-29
27 "No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.
28 "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter;
29 "but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"--

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said

BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT (5 STEPS)
Matt 12:30-32
30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Heb 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
I Jn 5:16
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
2 Pet 2:21
1Thes 5:19
19 Do not quench the Spirit.
Luke 12:10
10 "And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.
Matt 26:24
24 "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born."
Matt 21:19
19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, "Let no fruit grow on you ever again." And immediately the fig tree withered away.
(NKJ)

There are 5 steps in blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Heb 6-4 defines blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Only preachers that have gone through these 5 steps can be unforgiven of blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Until one gets through all 5 steps they will be back sliding, or stumbling, or blaspheming. But if one gets through all 5 steps and then turns away. or says no to the Holy Spirit. Even now there are only two acceptable responses to the Holy Spirit. Obey or repent. They will never be called back. The milk understanding is 3 to 4 years long. The meat understanding is 11 years long. At the end of the 14 years one should come to revelations from Jesus. To rewrite his conscience. The conscience being your book of beliefs in your mind. But it takes the whole 14 years to crucify the flesh. I have been receiving these revelations now for 10 years. And if you will look in Gal 1-9 through Gal 2-2 you will see where Paul is exsplaining how long it takes to start receiving revelations of Christ.

2 Cor 11:12-15
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:26
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:5-6
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 2:20-22
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."
(NKJ)

[Mar 3:27-29
27 "No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.
28 "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter;
29 "but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"--

So you're saying that only Pastors can blaspheme the Spirit?