Bob Enyart on Bible Versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillclimber76

Bob Enyart what is your position on the Bible version issue? With the KJV against the other bibles translated from Westcott and Hort texts. You should do a show on this issue.

soothsayer

allsmiles said:
Knight started a thread about Bob's One Post Bible. seems Enyart has his own bible version.

:rotfl: :darwinsm: :rotfl: :darwinsm: :rotfl: :darwinsm: :rotfl: :darwinsm: :rotfl: :darwinsm:

fool

Hall of Fame
Bob don't come around here much. (I wonder why :chuckle: )
If you go back thru the pages of this forum I think there's a thread about Bob and the KJV (don't remember the verdict)
Or you could buy his book "The Plot", (fity bucks)
Or call his show (he could use the traffic)
If ya want my opinion the best Bible is the one you've actually read.

fool

Hall of Fame
fool said:
Bob don't come around here much. (I wonder why :chuckle: )
If you go back thru the pages of this forum I think there's a thread about Bob and the KJV (don't remember the verdict)
Or you could buy his book "The Plot", (fity bucks)
Or call his show (he could use the traffic)
If ya want my opinion the best Bible is the one you've actually read.
Here's the one I's thinkin of; http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20110
Good luck.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
(if I may be so bold...)

Bob Enyart typically uses a NKJV, but also likes the KJV. I've also seen Bob Hill say he prefers the NKJV, which is a very good endorsement in my opinion.

Bob Enyart has debated KJV-only people before on the radio. I'll look for a show and link it.

Bob debates kjv only guy

Hillclimber76

Wow thanks for the links. Bob is against the Critical Text so Im cool with that. I think the KJV is superior to the NKJV. But at least the NKJV is from the TR. I just wish they had left out all the faith damaging footnotes, and they updated some words for the worst. The NKJV beats the NIV, ESV, NASB to death in round 1 though.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
Knight started a thread about Bob's One Post Bible. seems Enyart has his own bible version.
Its a Bible SUMMARY you flaming knob! :loser:

Seriously... why do I bother keeping someone as useless as you around here? Is it fun for you to just post inane, stupid "drive by" style posts? Is that why you post here at TOL?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Enyart's take on things would be enlightening, then again the fellow is rather busy.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
Enyart's take on things would be enlightening, then again the fellow is rather busy.
Well the question has already pretty much been answered. Furthermore... what do you care?

truthteller86

fool said:
...If ya want my opinion the best Bible is the one you've actually read.
:thumb: Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Excluding the HIV :flamer: version...I mean NIV version of course. Take the NIV challenge (take your Gooogly pick) and then replace yours with a real Bible (or closest thing to it, a NKJV). This thread could get as fruitless as all the others on the topic. Fool makes a good point here though. It helps if you actually read it. What helps even more is if you read The Plot first. Just ask Greg.

PS: Fool, I was pulling for you in your little episode with Bob until Part IV, when all hope was shattered :(
If I had not used that as a free 4 part Bible study on "God's Authority in relation to His Special Creation" I would have just figured you wasted a lot of people's time. Having said that, always remember: As long as there is breath, there is hope.
We pray you don't breathe your last before shifting your hope from self.... to the Eternal Hope available through Jesus Christ. (People actually do pray for you...like it or not...add that to your "How my popularity has increased since making the Best of BEL...)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Well the question has already pretty much been answered. Furthermore... what do you care?

I'm interested in Enyart's opinion, more often than not.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
What? So that you can mock him?

I don't mock Enyart with any regularity (if at all), at least no examples come to my mind. I just like knowing what someone thinks for themselves as opposed to leaping to conclusions.:cheers:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
I don't mock Enyart with any regularity (if at all), at least no examples come to my mind. I just like knowing what someone thinks for themselves as opposed to leaping to conclusions.:cheers:
Bob is my friend and my Pastor. Are we really "leaping to conclusions" when I tell you that he uses the NKJV and occaisionally the KJV?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Bob is my friend and my Pastor. Are we really "leaping to conclusions" when I tell you that he uses the NKJV and occaisionally the KJV?

I know he's your pastor.

Uh, as to the version thing, no. My former minister did the same thing. It helps.

I was always a KJV/NASV guy.

michaelwmoss

Granite said:
I know he's your pastor.

Uh, as to the version thing, no. My former minister did the same thing. It helps.

I was always a KJV/NASV guy.

My only thing on different Bible versions is that they are read in accordance with the oldest version (KJV) possible. When you make new versions of the same text over time, the original message can be missed or misunderstood in comparison to what the original authors were trying to tell us.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
michaelwmoss said:
My only thing on different Bible versions is that they are read in accordance with the oldest version (KJV) possible. When you make new versions of the same text over time, the original message can be missed or misunderstood in comparison to what the original authors were trying to tell us.
IF THE KJV WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE APOSTLE PAUL, THEN IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
michaelwmoss said:
My only thing on different Bible versions is that they are read in accordance with the oldest version (KJV) possible.
The KJV is not "the oldest version possible." Just on my own bookshelves I've got a copy of the 1599 Geneva Bible. And HERE is some excerpts from the 1560 version. These predate the KJV.

Status
Not open for further replies.