Bless!

Rylan of Ohio

Bless,

My name is Rylan and I live in Ohio (if that wasn't clear). I am Orthodox, although have not received chrismation. I was raised Southern Baptist and became Reformed early on in my walk with Christ, but in the past year have studied Eastern theology and church history and have found it to be apostolic and the fullness of Christian faith.

I enjoy discussing church history and the councils, along with liturgy. I love liturgy. Coffee is my best friend, and I run a blog called "Die to Self". It may be against the rules or something to self-promote, so I'll refrain from posting a link to the blog, and instead will share a list of books I have read that have influenced by thinking.

I look forward to some brotherly/sisterly conversations about the faith and its fullness thereof. :)

☦ ICXC NIKA ☦

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Bless,

My name is Rylan and I live in Ohio (if that wasn't clear). I am Orthodox, although have not received chrismation. I was raised Southern Baptist and became Reformed early on in my walk with Christ, but in the past year have studied Eastern theology and church history and have found it to be apostolic and the fullness of Christian faith.

I enjoy discussing church history and the councils, along with liturgy. I love liturgy. Coffee is my best friend, and I run a blog called "Die to Self". It may be against the rules or something to self-promote, so I'll refrain from posting a link to the blog, and instead will share a list of books I have read that have influenced by thinking.

I look forward to some brotherly/sisterly conversations about the faith and its fullness thereof. :)

☦ ICXC NIKA ☦
Welcome to TOL !! I hope you get your confirmation

Rylan of Ohio

Thank you. :) Although the sacrament is referred to popularly as "Confirmation" in the West, Orthodoxy commonly refers to the Sacrament as "Chrismation".

(I don't know if you were correcting me or not, awe well, I do a crummy job at picking up satire over the internet)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Coffee is my best friend

Nice to have you here.
smileys-coffee.gif

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Thank you. :) Although the sacrament is referred to popularly as "Confirmation" in the West, Orthodoxy commonly refers to the Sacrament as "Chrismation".

(I don't know if you were correcting me or not, awe well, I do a crummy job at picking up satire over the internet)

No correction, I never heard of Chrismation so I looked it up. It said the west refers to it as confirmation but the east uses Chrismation, which spell check flags also. I never stayed in Catholic school long enough to get my confirmation as I left after 3rd grade, I don't consider myself catholic anymore.

Rylan of Ohio

No correction, I never heard of Chrismation so I looked it up. It said the west refers to it as confirmation but the east uses Chrismation, which spell check flags also. I never stayed in Catholic school long enough to get my confirmation as I left after 3rd grade, I don't consider myself catholic anymore.

Ah! Well God be praised. :) EX-Catholics are fun to talk to, in my experience. What are you now?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ah! Well God be praised. :) EX-Catholics are fun to talk to, in my experience. What are you now?
Mid Acts Dispensation Pauline right division -

Mid-Acts dispensational Bible study recognizes the importance of the mystery of Christ revealed to the apostle Paul as doctrine particular to the church in the present dispensation (Rom 16:25, Col 1:25-27, Eph 3:2-4).
While most Bible students would make the most important division in the Bible to be between Israel and the Church or the Old and New Testaments, mid-Acts Bible study teaches the most important distinction in your Bible to be the right division between God’s Mystery purpose, “kept secret since the world began”, and God’s Prophecy purpose, which had been “spoken since the world began” (Acts 3:19-21 vs. Rom 16:25).
Understanding the mystery of Christ revealed to Paul for us clears up the theological confusion that is created by blending Prophecy and Mystery doctrines. Some controversial doctrines resolved by Pauline right division include:
Baptism
Faith and Works
Sign Gifts
Salvation
God’s Will
Tongues
Jesus instructs us to identify Paul as our pattern (1 Tim 1:16; 1 Cor 4:16; 1 Cor 11:1). A failure to operate according to the Lord’s revelations to Paul often leads to frustration with denominational traditions, including:
Tithing
Prayer
Communion
Great Commission
Confession
Sabbaths and Holy Days
If you have been confused by some of these doctrines or frustrated by empty Church tradition, consider the Lord’s revelation to Paul and get some answers (2 Tim 2:7).
Basic teachings of Mid Acts Dispensational right division
– Jesus, in his earthly ministry, ministered to the circumcision. (Rom 15:8, see here)
– [bold]The mystery of Christ was first revealed to Paul[/bold] (Col 1:25-26, 1 Tim 1:16, and here)
– Prophecy and mystery are different (Acts 3:19-21 vs Rom 16:25)
– Peter and Paul taught different messages (Peter prophecy, and Paul mystery: See here)
– Prophecy has been interrupted. (See here)
– The gospel of the kingdom is not the gospel of the grace of God (See here and here)
– Israel’s Church and the Church, the body of Christ, are different. (See here)