Best Friends Not Allowed

glorydaz

It's not wrong anywhere.
And the so-called 'adults' running that school should be ashamed of themselves for trying to convince little children it is.

Because it's one-sided and unrealistic.
Kids are going to talk about their time at the party while at school anyway.
So everyone in class is going to find out who was invited and who wasn't invited anyway.
So that ridiculous little stunt of 'no invites at school' did absolutely nothing about 'saving' some kids 'feelings' for not being invited.

And what about the little child that complies to that stupid rule and does invite everyone (even though he doesn't want to).
The kids that already don't like him are gonna throw that invitation back at his face and laugh at him saying they wouldn't be caught dead at his stupid party.
You don't think that's gonna hurt his feelings??????

What about the other kid that invites the whole class and only 2 show up.
You think that is gonna make his day????

You dummies only want to look at one side of this.
And the side you picked makes no sense in reality.
It's a dumb rule that solves absolutely nothing.

The whole thing is a farce to further convince the sheep that they must all feel the same way about everyone or they are the mean ones.

:first:

glorydaz

Public education was instrumental in providing America with the literate population, the comparative needed to compete in a modern world and to participate in a functioning democracy.

What "JudgeRightly" advocates is a return to "the good old days" - The Middle/Dark Ages!

Oh, is that why small children could read the KJV of the Bible, and high school graduates can't today?

I'm afraid you haven't read much of our history, have you?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Never in a millennium would we send invites to be passed out at school.

It is asking for trouble.

I am not a liberal.;)
Public schools will even refuse to provide parents with class lists, even if they were intending to ask everyone in the class to their child's birthday party.

When you're operating in a pluralistic society, public schools are subject to all kinds of societal pressures - including parents and students bringing guns to school to satisfy their personal agendas!

Eagles Wings

Public schools will even refuse to provide parents with class lists, even if they were intending to ask everyone in the class to their child's birthday party.

When you're operating in a pluralistic society, public schools are subject to all kinds of societal pressures - including parents and students bringing guns to school to satisfy their personal agendas!

What a mess, eh!

We didn't pamper our kids with expensive parties anyway and limited number to a couple friends.

They turned out just fine.

Eagles Wings

No, I'm just wondering what you would tell your kids to say to those who hadn't been invited when those kids found out that others had been to a party?

I would tell them to not talk about it at school.

It's a private party and a private matter.

And of course my perfect kids wouldn't rub it in anyone's nose either.

glorydaz

I would tell them to not talk about it at school.

It's a private party and a private matter.

And of course my perfect kids wouldn't rub it in anyone's nose either.

LOL They'd find out from the other kids, I imagine. I'd just tell them to be honest and say their mean old mom would only allow them to have three or four (whatever it was), and they hoped she'd let them have more next year.

Eagles Wings

LOL They'd find out from the other kids, I imagine. I'd just tell them to be honest and say their mean old mom would only allow them to have three or four (whatever it was), and they hoped she'd let them have more next year.
They could also say, "since I have to pay for more than two guests, how about you help me earn the money to have you come next year."

gcthomas

Clearly, you don't care about the children who aren't allowed to have best friends, nor invite who they want to their birthday parties because you want the nanny state in charge from CRADLE TO GRAVE.

This is just one more reason, of more than a thousand other reasons, to get or keep your child out of the Godless public schools.

Call for the dismantling of the public school system, both here in the US and elsewhere in the world.

I hate to puncture your righteous indignation at the awful, godless, nanny-state, public school system here that could produce such policy, but …

… the school being discussed is a private Christian school.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Are there any other rules besides the party invitation restriction?

Maybe they make kids alternate who they sit with at lunch? :idunno:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It's YOU that needs to pay better attention. You took one woman's description of the ban, and ignored what the entire article is about. So typically liberal....

And? what does banning best friends actually mean? The only practical thing mentioned was the party invitation restriction. And Jose's post is right. You can still invite whoever you want. They are just restricting it being done int he classroom. There are plenty of other ways to do it.