Ben Carson’s Marxist Tax Plan

drbrumley

Ben Carson’s Marxist Tax Plan
Laurence M. Vance

Soak “the rich” while talking about fairness. His tax plan is a flat tax that is, as always, not really flat. Ben says: “My proposal stands alone among all candidates’ plans as a true 14.9 percent flat tax – with no deductions, no tax shelters and no loopholes.” But Ben then says:

To protect those rising from poverty, the flat tax applies only to income above 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). For example, a family of four will not pay the 14.9 percent tax on their first $36,375 of income.

To treat everyone in America as citizen-owners, those whose income is at or below 150 percent of the FPL will be responsible for a de minimis tax payment annually.

In other words, a heavy progressive income tax that Karl Marx would be proud of.

Yep, good ole Ben....fitting right in with the knuckleheads who run Washington. A flat tax that isn't flat and a fair tax that isn't fair. :devil:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, good ole Ben....fitting right in with the knuckleheads who run Washington. A flat tax that isn't flat and a fair tax that isn't fair. :devil:

Since you didn't attach a link, I don't know what Libertarian Lawrence Vance's alternative is.

Ted Cruz is for a flat tax, perhaps you could critique his plan?

Under the Simple Flat Tax, the current seven rates of personal income tax will collapse into a single low rate of 10 percent. For a family of four, the first $36,000 will be tax-free. The Child Tax Credit will remain in place, and the Simple Flat Tax Plan expands and modernizes the Earned Income Tax Credit with greater anti-fraud and pro-marriage reforms. As a result, the Simple Flat Tax will ensure that low- and middle-income Americans have greater opportunities – not only through minimal taxes, but also through better, high-paying jobs that the Simple Flat Tax will generate. Under the plan, deductions for charitable contributions and mortgage interest payments are preserved.

The IRS will cease to exist as we know it, there will be zero targeting of individuals based on their faith or political beliefs, and there will be no way for thousands of agents to manipulate the system.

For businesses, the corporate income tax will be eliminated. It will be replaced by a simple Business Flat Tax at a single 16 percent rate. The current payroll tax system will be abolished, while maintaining full funding for Social Security and Medicare.

The convoluted tax code will be replaced with new rules of the game – so simple, in fact, that individuals and families could file their taxes on a postcard or phone app. The Death Tax will be eliminated. The Alternative Minimum Tax will be eliminated. The tax on profits earned abroad will be eliminated. And of course, the Obamacare taxes will be eliminated. Also gone will be the unending loopholes in the current code, the stacks of depreciation schedules for businesses, and the multi-tiered rates on income and investments. Under the Simple Flat Tax, the Internet remains free from taxes.
https://www.tedcruz.org/tax_plan/

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Since you didn't attach a link, I don't know what Libertarian Lawrence Vance's alternative is.

Under the Simple Flat Tax, the current seven rates of personal income tax will collapse into a single low rate of 10 percent. For a family of four, the first $36,000 will be tax-free. The Child Tax Credit will remain in place, and the Simple Flat Tax Plan expands and modernizes the Earned Income Tax Credit with greater anti-fraud and pro-marriage reforms. As a result, the Simple Flat Tax will ensure that low- and middle-income Americans have greater opportunities – not only through minimal taxes, but also through better, high-paying jobs that the Simple Flat Tax will generate. Under the plan, deductions for charitable contributions and mortgage interest payments are preserved.

The IRS will cease to exist as we know it, there will be zero targeting of individuals based on their faith or political beliefs, and there will be no way for thousands of agents to manipulate the system.

For businesses, the corporate income tax will be eliminated. It will be replaced by a simple Business Flat Tax at a single 16 percent rate. The current payroll tax system will be abolished, while maintaining full funding for Social Security and Medicare.

The convoluted tax code will be replaced with new rules of the game – so simple, in fact, that individuals and families could file their taxes on a postcard or phone app. The Death Tax will be eliminated. The Alternative Minimum Tax will be eliminated. The tax on profits earned abroad will be eliminated. And of course, the Obamacare taxes will be eliminated. Also gone will be the unending loopholes in the current code, the stacks of depreciation schedules for businesses, and the multi-tiered rates on income and investments. Under the Simple Flat Tax, the Internet remains free from taxes.

Ted Cruz has a good tax plan, but could he do it in reality ? Could he really do away with the IRS and switch to a flat tax as he outlined ?

drbrumley

Ted Cruz has a good tax plan, but could he do it in reality ? Could he really do away with the IRS and switch to a flat tax as he outlined ?

Are you for a flat tax? Have you actually read his plan? I have. There is alot wrong with it. I would have a nice discussion with you about it, but your hostility towards me usually means you are unable to have any semblance of civil discussion.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Sure, it sucks.....nice critique huh?

I found the article:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/ben-carsons-marxist-tax-plan/

Your OP was copied word for word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick jane

Are you for a flat tax? Have you actually read his plan? I have. There is alot wrong with it. I would have a nice discussion with you about it, but your hostility towards me usually means you are unable to have any semblane of civil discussion.

Instead of discussing it with someone who, depending on which thread he's in says things that he thinks people want to hear, how about discussing Cruz's flat tax with me?*

*Take a week or two to consult with Libertarian websites before posting a reply.

drbrumley

Quote:

I found the article:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/ben-carsons-marxist-tax-plan/

Your OP was copied word for word.

It's an article. Congrats on figuring that out.

:
Originally Posted by patrick jane

Instead of discussing it with someone who, depending on which thread he's in says things that he thinks people want to hear, how about discussing Cruz's flat tax with me?*

*Take a week or two to consult with Libertarian websites before posting a reply.

So what is it you wanna discuss about Ted Cruz's plan? How it really isn't flat?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

So what is it you wanna discuss about Ted Cruz's plan? How it really isn't flat?

The floor is all yours. Tell us the downside to Cruz's tax plan and an alternative.

exminister

I'm thinking tax collectors.

People act as if the country would fall apart if the huge bureaucratic Internal Revenue Service was dismantled.

The IRS has 95,000 employees who process and follow up on 250 million tax returns.

What would the tax collectors do? Same thing right?
Is anyone saying how much smaller this would be? Such as how many employees there would be?
Seems like it would be best if there was a flat tax shrink the IRS. Why reinvent the wheel? They certainly have the required expertise.

The state level I expect would remain the same.

drbrumley

The floor is all yours. Tell us the downside to Cruz's tax plan and an alternative.

Everything you need to know is already in the article you posted. It flat out tells you it isn't flat. Read it again and again till you see it. Then get back to me.

Yet, it's a flat tax. It just goes to show, Ted is a master politician. He tickles babies while he steals their lollipops. And folks like you eat it up.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

People act as if the country would fall apart if the huge bureaucratic Internal Revenue Service was dismantled.

The IRS has 95,000 employees who process and follow up on 250 million tax returns.

What would the tax collectors do? Same thing right?
Is anyone saying how much smaller this would be? Such as how many employees there would be?
Seems like it would be best if there was a flat tax shrink the IRS. Why reinvent the wheel? They certainly have the required expertise.

The state level I expect would remain the same.

When all else fails, read the Ted Cruz article that I linked from his website:

Of the 84,000 IRS employees roughly half (48 percent) work on “Examinations and Collections”; roughly another quarter (23 percent) work on “Filing and Account Services.” Under the Simple Flat Tax, with Americans filing taxes on a postcard, we will need vastly fewer examiners, collectors, filers and account servicers. Some resources – like those devoted to Obamacare’s taxes, or the Death Tax, or the code’s countless loopholes – can be totally eliminated. In other words, we will be able to redirect the energies of the 1200 full-time IRS employees currently devoted to Obamacare, and save the $386 million that the IRS spent last year on Obamacare alone.

The IRS cannot simply be downsized; it must be abolished and replaced – not only because it spawns an over-complicated tax code that burdens taxpayers, but also because of the institutional corruption and political self-dealing that abuses taxpayers. These two defects are interrelated. The system is corrupt in part because it is complicated. Its tangle of laws allows the IRS to conceal political corruption.

The IRS has become a political weapon. Its leadership has targeted Americans because of their religious beliefs, or conservative values, or pro-life stances, or pro-Israel positions. An outrageous sequence of scandal and cover-up by the Obama Administration, abetted by Democrats in Congress, has shredded its last remains of credibility. We need a fresh start with a simple and fair, single-rate tax system, clear enough to be closed to Washington’s cronyism.

I don't see any solutions from the Libertarian who started the thread. How about you, are you complacent with our country's current corrupt tax collecting bureaucracy?