BEL Site Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can stream the shows now. But upon opening the streaming page Firefox asks me to install a "missing plugin" (text or html plugin) that it cannot find. Not having the plugin doesn't affect playback.

SaulToPaul 2

The main topic was the idea that God has a covenant with the Jewish people and a somewhat different covenant with Gentile believers.

I'd be interested to hear about this covenant with Gentiles since the Body of Christ is made up of both Jew and Gentile...and Paul's letters are written to both Jew and Gentile.

Scott Wiemers

I'd be interested to hear about this covenant with Gentiles since the Body of Christ is made up of both Jew and Gentile...and Paul's letters are written to both Jew and Gentile.

I'll try to convey what I can concerning this difference. Paul emphasized the fact that both Jewish & Gentile Believers were of the same Spirit, however the Jewish Believers were under a covenant with God that recognized their national identity, whereas Gentile Believers remain outside any such consideration. God is still in the process of building a nation here on the Earth by way of the Jewish People. This is the main difference in God's Conenant with Believers of the two groups. God is not trying to form a Nation of the Gentile believers, therefore the term "Body of Christ". Even when reading the new Testament scriptures this difference should be considered. No doubt most people would probably agree that alot of Old Testament Scriptures have a different application depending on the reader, whether they are Jewish or Gentile. The same can be said of alot of the New Testament. Some Epistles are written to mainly Jewish Believers and others to predominatly Gentile Believers. This isn't to say that Jewish and Gentile Belivers can't work together, since both groups have the same Spirit and the same God, but their roles in God's plan are different. Different roles would possibly mean different instructions. Consider any organized project, and you might find the same situation exists, Different instructions to all involved according to their relationship with the builder. I'm no Scholar of the bible and would advise anyone to check into the idea for themself & I think Bob Enyart has some good information on this subject but I wouldn't exclude any other source of information. Thanks for you'r time.

SaulToPaul 2

I'll try to convey what I can concerning this difference. Paul emphasized the fact that both Jewish & Gentile Believers were of the same Spirit, however the Jewish Believers were under a covenant with God that recognized their national identity, whereas Gentile Believers remain outside any such consideration. God is still in the process of building a nation here on the Earth by way of the Jewish People. This is the main difference in God's Conenant with Believers of the two groups. God is not trying to form a Nation of the Gentile believers, therefore the term "Body of Christ". Even when reading the new Testament scriptures this difference should be considered. No doubt most people would probably agree that alot of Old Testament Scriptures have a different application depending on the reader, whether they are Jewish or Gentile. The same can be said of alot of the New Testament. Some Epistles are written to mainly Jewish Believers and others to predominatly Gentile Believers. This isn't to say that Jewish and Gentile Belivers can't work together, since both groups have the same Spirit and the same God, but their roles in God's plan are different. Different roles would possibly mean different instructions. Consider any organized project, and you might find the same situation exists, Different instructions to all involved according to their relationship with the builder. I'm no Scholar of the bible and would advise anyone to check into the idea for themself & I think Bob Enyart has some good information on this subject but I wouldn't exclude any other source of information. Thanks for you'r time.

Thanks, Scott. I agree that Israel and the Body of Christ are separate. I think Bob calls the gospel to the Gentiles a "covenant of grace" or "covenant of uncircumcision" in which there is no such thing.
That's what I was hoping to get to the bottom of....

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Thanks, Scott. I agree that Israel and the Body of Christ are separate. I think Bob calls the gospel to the Gentiles a "covenant of grace" or "covenant of uncircumcision" in which there is no such thing.
That's what I was hoping to get to the bottom of....
He primarily refers to them as the gospel of the circumcision and the gospel of the uncircumcision.

SaulToPaul 2

He primarily refers to them as the gospel of the circumcision and the gospel of the uncircumcision.

Ok, thanks. I was just relying on some of the audio on the Denver Bible Church website where he used the terms I mentioned several times.

I just wanted Scott to know that the Body of Christ isn't under any covenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.