BEL Collecting Restraining Orders; One for Eagle Forum?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

This is the show from Tuesday, March 1st, 2016

SUMMARY:

As Bob Enyart has collected restraining orders the way some people collect baseball caps, he reviews a harassment case from 25 years ago and another from 2016. Bob also observes that Republicans despise their "establishment" leaders who think themselves higher and wiser than the millions who seek to hold to America's traditional values, and he points out that this also perfectly describes the "pro-life" establishment of the Catholic Bishops, Eagle Forum, Focus on the Family, and National Right To Life, as they oppose laws that acknowledge that the baby in the womb is a person. Finally, the telethon has raised $14,550 of our vital $30,000 goal, so even though we're now in March, if over the next few days you make a donation, subscribe, or purchase one of our BEL resources, by calling 1-800-8Enyart or going to the Store atkgov.com, then Connie in the office will apply that to our telethon tally. So please, please, if you can, please help!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cyberstalking is a very real problem. I have seen it on a number of forums where I have moderated and admined where a troll turns up under multiple usernames to cause grief for a member a stir up others to cause them crief on the site and even in the real world.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

This is the show from Tuesday, March 1st, 2016

SUMMARY:

As Bob Enyart has collected restraining orders the way some people collect baseball caps, he reviews a harassment case from 25 years ago and another from 2016. Bob also observes that Republicans despise their "establishment" leaders who think themselves higher and wiser than the millions who seek to hold to America's traditional values, and he points out that this also perfectly describes the "pro-life" establishment of the Catholic Bishops, Eagle Forum, Focus on the Family, and National Right To Life, as they oppose laws that acknowledge that the baby in the womb is a person...

Good points are made in this Townhall.com article.

Is the Personhood Movement Really Pro-Life
?
http://townhall.com/columnists/rachelalexander/2012/06/22/is_the_personhood_movement_really_prolife

I'd be honored if either Jefferson or Pastor Enyart would discuss it with me.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cyberstalking is a very real problem. I have seen it on a number of forums where I have moderated and admined where a troll turns up under multiple usernames to cause grief for a member a stir up others to cause them crief on the site and even in the real world.

They're very sick people. I actually had a guy that was so threatened with the truth behind my homosexuality recriminalization threads that he emailed my pastor to find out his views on the subject.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Bob also observes that Republicans despise their "establishment" leaders who think themselves higher and wiser than the millions who seek to hold to America's traditional values, and he points out that this also perfectly describes the "pro-life" establishment of the Catholic Bishops, Eagle Forum, Focus on the Family, and National Right To Life, as they oppose laws that acknowledge that the baby in the womb is a person.

We admire the goals of this year’s effort to end abortion, and we remain committed to defending all human life from conception to natural death. As we have said from the start, however, we do not believe that this year’s Colorado Personhood Amendment is the best means to pursue an end to abortion in 2008.

Unfortunately, even if this year’s personhood amendment is passed in Colorado, lower federal courts interpreting this amendment will be required to apply the permissive 1973 Roe v. Wade abortion decision by the U.S. Supreme Court. It is also likely that the Supreme Court, given its current composition, will either decline to review such a case, effectively killing the state amendment, or worse, actively reaffirm the mistaken jurisprudence of Roe. While the Church respects those promoting this personhood amendment, the Catholic Bishops of Colorado decline to support its passage because it does not provide a realistic opportunity for ending or even reducing abortions in Colorado.

-- 2008 Statement On Personhood, Colorado Catholic Conference