Battle Talk ~ BR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
In light of the fact that Knight has now revealed that he allowed Theo six user names, but banned him when he added another 20 and voted for himself 9 times, in the "who won" poll; How many user names are we allowed? How did Novice know, that theo was using multiple names? I believed theo when he said he wasn't. I thought he was either getting a lot of friends to join the forum, and support him, or else his fiancee was "helping" him out.

Did anyone else besides Novice and Knight suspect, or know, that theo had a lot of help from himself?

It really puts a damper on the whole debate for me, and will probably become the thing I most remember about it.

This type of deceit reminds me of Zakath and his quitting the debate with Bob Enyart. I remember how indignant he was when people insisted he had actually quit because he was losing, and discouraged. He claimed to be in the hospital or something, and he thought it presumptious of everyone, that he could have simply informed the forum, with one simple post.

Similarly, theo was indignant, and adamant when accused by Novice, that he personally, had no other user names. Yet Knight says he allowed him six, but cut him off at 26??????

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lion said:
1.When he brought up about the adulteress caught in the very act of adultery, he failed to see that Christ didn’t just arbitrarily pardon her. Notice that Christ asks “Woman where are your accusers?” When there are none the Bible says, Notice that Jesus asks about her accusers. This is because the law demands two or three witnesses, and since there were none Jesus could not rightly condemn her.
There were no accusers because Jesus got rid of them.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK. I mean, I could try to guess what your point was, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
OK. I mean, I could try to guess what your point was, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.
When I posted that I thought I had a point but now I don't think I have one. :chuckle:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the losers generally take a bit of a pounding which only serves to compact them in their position.

never seen this happen though ..

stevenw

BANNED
Banned
How does Knight definatively know that it was Theo trying to create multiple user names? Are there not other possibilities? Why ban his wife? Was it his wife, him, a friend or someone else creating the user names? What right of reply was Theo given before he was banned?

The funny thing about debates around here is that it seems imperative that the Enyart/ Hill crowd must appear to win at any cost, even if it means banning your opponents. At least that is how it seems to me. Winning or losing a debate means nothing in the scheme of things and has nothing to do with who is right or wrong. The apostle Peter was an uneducated fisherman and if he was on this forum you could more than likely 'truthsmack' him and out debate him with cheap sophistic tricks and diversions like 'stolen concept fallacies' and 'straw man' arguments. I think you need to take a good hard look at yourselves and what it is that you are trying to do here. Declaring victory over all that dare hold a contrary view does not add one whit to your credibility.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
stevenw said:
How does Knight definatively know that it was Theo trying to create multiple user names? Are there not other possibilities? Why ban his wife? Was it his wife, him, a friend or someone else creating the user names? What right of reply was Theo given before he was banned?
The admin can know if it was Theo because of the IPs. When you see a bunch of new users joining with all the same IP as Theo you know something is up.

stevenw

BANNED
Banned
kmoney said:
The admin can know if it was Theo because of the IPs. When you see a bunch of new users joining with all the same IP as Theo you know something is up.
Granted - something is up. But how can you definatively know Theo is responsible and what right of reply does he have? How many people have access to that IP? What about where an IP is shared (colleges etc)?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
stevenw said:
Granted - something is up. But how can you definatively know Theo is responsible and what right of reply does he have? How many people have access to that IP? What about where an IP is shared (colleges etc)?
:idunno: I suppose there is a scenario where it wasn't Theo, but it is unlikely. The fact is I don't know what all went on behind the scenes and so I'm just going to stay out of it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
stevenw said:

The funny thing about debates around here is that it seems imperative that the Enyart/ Hill crowd must appear to win at any cost, even if it means banning your opponents. At least that is how it seems to me. Winning or losing a debate means nothing in the scheme of things and has nothing to do with who is right or wrong. The apostle Peter was an uneducated fisherman and if he was on this forum you could more than likely 'truthsmack' him and out debate him with cheap sophistic tricks and diversions like 'stolen concept fallacies' and 'straw man' arguments. I think you need to take a good hard look at yourselves and what it is that you are trying to do here. Declaring victory over all that dare hold a contrary view does not add one whit to your credibility.
Feel free to start your own forum and run it however you like.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
stevenw said:
Theo given before he was banned?
Theo was in the process of registering even more usernames at the time of his banning.

Some offenses need no warning, that was one of them. Trust me, if ANYONE, Theo or anyone else registers 20 some odd names within a few minutes and is in the process of registering more, they will be banned. I was banning the names before I even realized it was Theo.

The fact that it turned out to be Theo only adds a comical element to the story.

stevenw

BANNED
Banned
kmoney said:
:idunno: I suppose there is a scenario where it wasn't Theo, but it is unlikely. The fact is I don't know what all went on behind the scenes and so I'm just going to stay out of it.
Fair enough. I don't think comments on the character of Theo V are warranted unless all of the facts are known.

stevenw

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
Theo was in the process of registering even more usernames at the time of his banning
How can you possibly know that, did Theo tell you that he was or did you have a divine revelation?

Knight said:
Some offenses need no warning, that was one of them. Trust me, if ANYONE, Theo or anyone else registers 20 some odd names within a few minutes and is in the process of registering more, they will be banned. I was banning the names before I even realized it was Theo.
Interesting. Offenses? Does the offense exist if 20 different people register using the one IP or if one person registers 20 times using the same IP? What if one person registers 20 times using 20 different IPs? Are all of these offenses?

Knight said:
The fact that it turned out to be Theo only adds a comical element to the story.
As long as your amused I guess that's all that matters unless you are wrong? But how could that ever happen?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
stevenw said:
How can you possibly know that, did Theo tell you that he was or did you have a divine revelation?
Uh duh... retard... I am the admin, I can see EVERYTHING that goes on behind the scenes.

We already knew Theo was using multiple usernames to vote for himself which we "let slide", 20 or 30 more is a bit over the top don't ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.