Votes: 35 89.7%
  • famousGandalf7

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pilgrimagain

I told them I voted for Paul and the next thing I knew, the Spanish inquisition burst into the room....

"Noooobody expects the Spanish inquisition!"

Adam

Hall of Fame
Credit where credit is due.

Credit where credit is due.

Simply because I feel I must, I will mention that Paul DeYonghe should give credit to the original songsters who coined some similar lyrics to your little rap-ditty. Though not a direct quote, that credit is due to the guys who first brought this stuff to light via music, the Heavy Metal Christian band called 'Tourniquet.

I am certain you will like what you see when you read this following selection of lyrics from their song called 'A Dog's Breakfast' located on the album entitled 'Psycho Surgery (1991)
K.C. (Kenneth Copeland) says that "Christ was lost
Sign of Satan on the cross
Bore the Devil's nature
and was born again in Hell"

If you've got a little bod
"You can all become a god"
Benny hinders true conversion
"Christ is not within"

"I have faith in my own faith
Cause I'm a little god" (Hagin)

I was fooled again
A message from God
That was only a fraud
Truth and joy was inside
But it's only in Christ
By a spiritual force
That had disguised its source
By the Lord's latest mail
But a novel from Hell

carry on brother, you can win this thing!!!

truthman

Brother Vinny

Re: Credit where credit is due.

Re: Credit where credit is due.

Originally posted by truthman
Simply because I feel I must, I will mention that Paul DeYonghe should give credit to the original songsters who coined some similar lyrics to your little rap-ditty. Though not a direct quote, that credit is due to the guys who first brought this stuff to light via music, the Heavy Metal Christian band called 'Tourniquet.

I am certain you will like what you see when you read this following selection of lyrics from their song called 'A Dog's Breakfast' located on the album entitled 'Psycho Surgery (1991)

carry on brother, you can win this thing!!!

truthman

Although I've heard of Tourniquet, I've never heard their music before. I'll have to check them out.

My rap, though, was (for better of for worse) my own.

Adam

Hall of Fame
I'm not aware of their sound now, but then, they were heavy metal.

Anyways, what do you think of that Paul, these guys were trying to expose the 'faith' dudes years before it became popular.

truthman

Brother Vinny

Originally posted by truthman
I'm not aware of their sound now, but then, they were heavy metal.

Anyways, what do you think of that Paul, these guys were trying to expose the 'faith' dudes years before it became popular.

truthman

That's pretty cool. Wish I'd heard the song way-back-when!

:thumb:

Huldrych

Online Prophesying?

Online Prophesying?

Originally posted by Goose
Was FG7 prophesying or something?

Trying to prophesy, I'm pretty sure of it. I think FG7 has gotten a little miffed over PD's views on physical miracles. (All I have to say over that matter, for whatever it is worth, is this: if you don't believe in them, chances are, you won't see them--Mt. 13:58).

However, I find something rather hokey about posting a word of prophecy online, especially in the middle of a debate like this. Now, a truly inspired word is one thing (and I believe the gift is fully functional today), but you must be careful not to too quickly ascribe words borne out of your own tensions and frustrations as being from the anointing.

I may be totally wrong, and I trust the Lord will be faithful to correct me if I am, but here is what I see in FG's last post: the words sounded right, but I think the heart was off. It looks very much like FG7 is trying to use his gift as a means to "one up" PD in the debate (a debate which, in the eternal view of things, is not really that important). If that's the case, then the gift is being abused.

This isn't an attempt at character assassination, bro's, and I'm not trying to discourage anyone who moves in prophecy (as a matter of fact, I think the church in general needs to hear it more), just take it as an admonition to be careful, and speak in the right time, right place, and in the right heart.

Friede,
jth

bill betzler

I agree Huldrych. I come away from the prophecy thinking that the truths that he wants unveiled are his accepted theology. I doubt that the prayer is for himself, that prayer where we are open to understanding our own errors so that we might repent.

Besides this, the prophecy contradicts Jesus' statement that he is not come to bring peace, but a sword. Family member against family member.

And I agree with Paul De that this is a life of suffering. Hence, "pick up your cross and follow me"; and the many other verses that Paul referenced.

I have seen Benny Hinn twice and cannot say enough bad things about him. Some of the other people I have heard their names but know nothing of them.

Paul De, you are doing a good job.

You know the prophecy is the trump card for these people, it keeps them in line as church members. Who can refute these prophecies when they come from a bully in the pulpit? Hence the admonition, "be wise as serpents."

Status
Not open for further replies.