Battle Royale XIV discussion thread

GodsfreeWill

Gold Subscriber
Don't play me. You're the one not answering. I answered you. You just don't like the answer.

This is a new question. If you lose the KJB you hold in your hand and buy a new one from the bookstore that has different words than your previous KJB, how do you know which one was correct?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I give the match to the KJV -

Being that ALL scripture is inspired by God, I also believe that the KJV today is the inerrant words of God. I can read any part of my KJV and trust every word I read, and intuitively see an error like turtles singing. Those errors change nothing.

When I read inferior Bibles I read a bit and I can tell right away it's not as explicit and accurate as the KJV - I really won't read another version at length.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I've asked a couple of times, "What's it to you?" that I believe the KJB I hold in my hands and study from. I've yet to hear an answer as to how this is a bad thing. What harm does it cause to take God at His word believing every word as I 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV?

Anyone?

heir

TOL Subscriber
And for those of you who do not believe ANY "version" is all scripture that is given by inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV), Where IS it?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I've asked a couple of times, "What's it to you?" that I believe the KJB I hold in my hands and study from. I've yet to hear an answer as to how this is a bad thing. What harm does it cause to take God at His word believing every word as I 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV?

Anyone?

i AGREE - post 964

GodsfreeWill

Gold Subscriber

Anyone?

If you lose the KJB you hold in your hand and buy a new one from the bookstore that has different words than your previous KJB, how do you know which one was correct?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I give the match to the KJV -

Being that ALL scripture is inspired by God, I also believe that the KJV today is the inerrant words of God. I can read any part of my KJV and trust every word I read, and intuitively see an error like turtles singing. Those errors change nothing.

When I read inferior Bibles I read a bit and I can tell right away it's not as explicit and accurate as the KJV - I really won't read another version at length.

Well, I wouldn't say it that way. I don't think its an error at all, but one thing is for sure, when I read other versions, it does not resonate with me the same way the KJV does. It is certainly a masterpiece.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

Anyone?

I'll take a shot at it.

I think it's pride. It's a slap in the face to think that God would work against progress. The American way was always considered pulling together to make tomorrow better than today. Well then, why isn't it? We are in the tomorrow we worked so hard for aren't we? Surely God recognizes how advanced we are!

The neoAmerican way is to believe that my today is better than their yesterday. Retreat of any kind is not possible because it negates my autonomy that I falsely think is democracy. It's the ME generation. I can't accept that the KJV is superior just because it was produced at a time when English was superior, by superior translators who had a superior text and superior knowledge. That must all be denied because I exist today and very much want to believe in and participate in progress and validate my existence even if it comes at the price of unity. Whatever is new has to be better.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'll take a shot at it.

I think it's pride. It's a slap in the face to think that God would work against progress. The American way was always considered pulling together to make tomorrow better than today. Well then, why isn't it? We are in the tomorrow we worked so hard for aren't we? Surely God recognizes how advanced we are!

The neoAmerican way is to believe that my today is better than their yesterday. Retreat of any kind is not possible because it negates my autonomy that I falsely think is democracy. It's the ME generation. I can't accept that the KJV is superior just because it was produced at a time when English was superior, by superior translators who had a superior text and superior knowledge. That must all be denied because I exist today and very much want to believe in and participate in progress and validate my existence even if it comes at the price of unity. Whatever is new has to be better.

yes we know more today
but
we must preserve that which is tried and true
that which has stood the test of time
may we pass the test of time

Brother Vinny

My information tells me that purity levels of 99.999% are achievable in both silver and gold but not greater. Is this incorrect?

Okay, seems you got me there. Apparently the science of determining gold's purity has advanced a bit since I was a kid. Be that as it may: why use language vis a vis purity that puts the word of God on par with silver rather than language that makes the word superlative to it? It seems to me that the problem still remains.

The KJB may be the purest we have, and it may be the purest we can attain. But there's still going to be that niggling .001 percent or better of impurities due to human involvement.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I already made my mind up before the debate to give the match to the KJV. So it is obvious that WK won the debate regardless of what either side said.

Being that only the KJV scripture is inspired by God, I also believe that the KJV today is the inerrant words of God. I can read any part of my KJV and trust every word I read, and even though I know there are errors in it, those errors change nothing and I can cling on to my KJV regardless (so long as I keep the same one and don't change it for a different version by mistake).

When I read inferior Bibles I read a bit and I can tell right away it's not the same text as the KJV - I really won't read another version at length because the fact that other versions are different proves that they are wrong. And in those places where there are clear errors in the KJV and the other versions are clearly right, this only lends more evidence to the fact that you need to have faith in the KJB. It's all about faith and if you havn't got it, then you just aren't as spiritual as me. And I mean that sincerely.

It's ok, PJ, there was no need to put it so clearly, we realised that was what you meant all the time.

SaulToPaul 2

Believing God promised to preserve his words, and believing that you have them in a book, is not creating an idol.

I let mine collect dust at times, I would not freak out if the cover and pages were destroyed. I do not bow down to it. I do not worship it.

The words it contains is all I care about. I believe them, and it is the only means by which God speaks to us today. Therefore, these words are precious. They should be precious to everyone.

SaulToPaul 2

Challenge:

Take a few months. Read through the KJB a few times with the attitude that I'm going to believe every single word no matter what.

You will be amazed with what God will show you, if you are saved.