• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Bacterial resistance to antibiotics- what is the Creationist explanation?

chair

Nope. Evolution is just a theory.

It is a scientific theory which has stood the test of time. It is extremely well supported by the observed facts.

It is not "just a theory". And you repeating this fertilizer over and over again won't make it true.

6days

Barbarian said:
From a Christian standpoint, God is the Creator, not some mere created designer.
God is not a mere created designer. Scripture shows us he is the everlasting, omnipotent and omniscient Designer.

I'm not sure if you're having problem with the English language Barbarian, but the word 'design' is synonymous with create, make, knit, form, compose, place. etc.
Ex. 20:11 For in 6 days God CREATED the heavens and the Earth
[FONT=helvetica, arial, verdana, sans-serif]Gen. 1:16 [/FONT]God MADE two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also MADE the stars.
Psalm 139: 13,14 For you CREATED my inmost being; you KNIT me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully MADE; your works are wonderful,
Is. 45:7 The One FORMING light and creating darkness

6days

Barbarian said:
Also, genetic diversity can increase in bacteria the same way it increases in vertebrates.
IOW... Evolutionists think that increasing genetic disorders, and loss of fitness in changing environments = increasing genetic diversity. Such rationalization is a requirement of evolutionism.
Barbarian said:
Sexual recombination occurs though conjugation of bacteria. In some cases, different species can exchange genetic material.
So in other words your first statement was bologna?

[FONT=helvetica, arial, verdana, sans-serif]Bacteria seem designed to adapt to rapidly changing environments through unique ways of exchanging genetic information, and very high reproductive rates. [/FONT]

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is a scientific theory which has stood the test of time. It is extremely well supported by the observed facts.

It is not "just a theory". And you repeating this fertilizer over and over again won't make it true.

Darwinist asserts his religion as fact. Gets called on it. Criticizes creationist.

chair

Darwinist asserts his religion as fact. Gets called on it. Criticizes creationist.

It's not a religion. It's not "Darwanisn". And your repeating "it's just a theoory" hardly qualifies as "being called on it.

Creationism is a religious belief. Scientifically speaking, it's a theory proven wrong.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
It's not a religion. It's not "Darwanisn". And your repeating "it's just a theoory" hardly qualifies as "being called on it.

Creationism is a religious belief. Scientifically speaking, it's a theory proven wrong.

Actuality Creation has has not been proven wrong.

The MISSING LINK, is God took the dust of this Earth and Crossbred DNA manipulation and created Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

HE TOOK THE dust OF THIS Earth and created Man.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe I should ask for your definition of "evidence". Maybe that word means something else in Stripese than it does in regular English.

Things that support an idea. Hint: Asserting your ideas as fact ain't it.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For example: When you said that "the example of bacteria evolving resistance to antibiotics is one example that demonstrates [evolution]," I said that "bacteria changes in response to stimulai in ways that show random mutations and natural selection can have no part in the process."

This is evidence.

chair

For example: When you said that "the example of bacteria evolving resistance to antibiotics is one example that demonstrates [evolution]," I said that "bacteria changes in response to stimulai in ways that show random mutations and natural selection can have no part in the process."

This is evidence.

Except that it is false.

chair

Because you say so? Luria and Delbrook say otherwise.

Finally you actually present some evidence. Or at least try to.

You mean these guys?
"The Luria–Delbrück experiment (1943) (also called the Fluctuation Test) demonstrates that in bacteria, genetic mutations arise in the absence of selection, rather than being a response to selection. Therefore, Darwin's theory of natural selection acting on random mutations applies to bacteria as well as to more complex organisms. Max Delbrück and Salvador Luria won the 1969 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in part for this work."