Atheist.

Truster

Another word that has "a" as a prefix is anarchy.

1530s, "absence of government," from French anarchie or directly from Medieval Latin anarchia, from Greek anarkhia "lack of a leader, the state of people without a government" (in Athens, used of the Year of Thirty Tyrants, 404 B.C., when there was no archon), abstract noun from anarkhos "rulerless," from an- "without" (see an- (1)) + arkhos "leader" (see archon).

From 1660s as "confusion or absence of authority in general;" by 1850 in reference to the social theory advocating "order without power," with associations and co-operatives taking the place of direct government, as formulated in the 1830s by French political philosopher Pierre-Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865).
1530s, "absence of government," from French anarchie or directly from Medieval Latin anarchia, from Greek anarkhia "lack of a leader, the state of people without a government" (in Athens, used of the Year of Thirty Tyrants, 404 B.C., when there was no archon), abstract noun from anarkhos "rulerless," from an- "without" (see an- (1)) + arkhos "leader" (see archon).

https://www.etymonline.com/word/anarchy (recommended tool for word study)

Truster

...and

anarch (n.)
1660s, "leader of leaderlessness," a deliciously paradoxical word used by Milton, Pope, Shelley, Byron; from Greek an- "not, without" (see an- (1)) + arkhon "ruler" (see archon), and compare anarchy. Also "an anarchist" (1884).

Truster

If that is the case, you could tell me where, and in what translation. Since you refuse to do so, I wonder....

It's because of this lack of manners that I wouldn't give you guidance.

"Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, For he will despise the wisdom of your words".

chair

It's because of this lack of manners that I wouldn't give you guidance.

No. I originally simply asked "where?", and you refused to answer. My "lack of manners" only developed in response to your repeated refusal to answer. Including some impolite ones.

So do us both a favor, and just give me the verse and translation.

The reason I am asking is because the term "doesn't have a god" in modern Hebrew means something different- it doesn't mean an atheist, but rather one who is immoral. So I was curious if that same meaning would make sense in the context of that verse.

Truster

No. I originally simply asked "where?", and you refused to answer. My "lack of manners" only developed in response to your repeated refusal to answer. Including some impolite ones.

So do us both a favor, and just give me the verse and translation.

The reason I am asking is because the term "doesn't have a god" in modern Hebrew means something different- it doesn't mean an atheist, but rather one who is immoral. So I was curious if that same meaning would make sense in the context of that verse.

If you want to know know more about atheist, go look in the mirror.

chair

If you want to know know more about atheist, go look in the mirror.

Except that I'm not an atheist. And my interest is in the use of the term in the Bible.

Is there some difficulty? Why not just point to the verse? If you found this on a website- then send a link, and maybe that site will say where.

Truster

Before I answered I looked through your posts and there is nothing that you have posted that leads me to think of you as anything but atheist...in the true sense of the word.

chair

Before I answered I looked through your posts and there is nothing that you have posted that leads me to think of you as anything but atheist...in the true sense of the word.

I just finished my afternoon prayers, something few atheists can say. Perhaps you can explain sometime what constitutes an "atheist" in your thinking.

In the meantime: What about the source? The verse?

Truster

I just finished my afternoon prayers, something few atheists can say. Perhaps you can explain sometime what constitutes an "atheist" in your thinking.

In the meantime: What about the source? The verse?

Most atheists say prayers, but to no avail. They also attend denominations, sing hymns, preach, heal and so on:

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Truster

so the verse doesn't exist. got it!
thanks!

Fact, Paul uses the word atheist once in one of his epistles. It only appears in that one verse. It is revealed so as to show the blanant and ignorant stupidity of atheists. With you it has proven its point and purpose.