Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinmarie

I caught my daughter saying Double-Ya when reciting her alphabet the other day...she was in front of a bunch of people and showing off that she could say them faster then my sister...

So I went over them later and she said Double-Yoo...maybe saying it correctly just requires more thought than the average american has.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, George himself says "Dubya", and he also says "Lara" referring to his wife Laura, and "nucular" for nuclear. So I think it's fair to say it the way W himself says it. BTW, we use the middle name because his father is also George Bush with "H" as the initial for his middle name. I'm not sure how W pronounces "H".

julie21

:eek: Thanks guys! That was what threw me, as here in Australia we pronounce it 'double-you', as Cattyfan pointed out.
I guess that it is just that people can get lazy.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Despite what it looks like, it doesn't mean the "US" is behind "POT." Although some Americans like brother W...

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lucky

Despite what it looks like, it doesn't mean the "US" is behind "POT." Although some Americans like brother W...
:dizzy:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

Your PM box can have up to 75 messages in it. This includes inbox, saved messages in folders and your sent items box.

Usually people forget to clear out their sent items box and that is why their PM box is full.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It has become just the right brightness around here. Except that my monitor is failing and it is very dark.

Knight. Please be patient with Elaine and Christine. I've met that family and they are very nice.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Yorzhik

It has become just the right brightness around here.

Looks like I'll just have to start wearing my sunglasses at night! :Nineveh:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I turn on my monitor, I have trouble signing in because the white text box is so dark against the black text. I have to wait about an hour for it to warm up enough to see pictures at all. And even so, pictures are hard to see if they are already dark even after a few hours of monitor warmup time. The brightness and contrast have been up to 100% for over a year now, but things get progressively worse. I think they will be buying a new monitor for me soon.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Yorzhik

When I turn on my monitor, I have trouble signing in because the white text box is so dark against the black text. I have to wait about an hour for it to warm up enough to see pictures at all. And even so, pictures are hard to see if they are already dark even after a few hours of monitor warmup time. The brightness and contrast have been up to 100% for over a year now, but things get progressively worse. I think they will be buying a new monitor for me soon.

Umm, yeah! :hammer:
I would say it's time for a new one. :chuckle:

Go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.