Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight,
I can't find any Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout in town anywhere. Any suggestions? I've looked up the beer, and it looks really good. I can't rest until I've tried one.

Randy

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight,
I can't find any Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout in town anywhere. Any suggestions? I've looked up the beer, and it looks really good. I can't rest until I've tried one.

Randy
It can be a bit tough to find.

Only about 1 out of every 4 liquor stores might carry it. It normally comes in a four pack of bottles or sometimes as a single (yet larger) bottle.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why is Jimmy Carter so stupid?

Is being Jimmy Carter a trait of stupidity, or is he just a special case?

Brother Vinny

Knight,

Would you send me some Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout as a Christmas gift? (It's brewed in Denver.) Also, the latest edition of The Plot?

Thanks,

Paul

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I found 2 pints of Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout! Going home to refrigerate and serve tonight. About what temp is best?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I found 2 pints of Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout! Going home to refrigerate and serve tonight. About what temp is best?
Sweet!!!

Make sure to let it breath and drink it from a glass.

I'm not sure about the temp. I just keep it cold in the fridge and then drink it. :cheers:

Army of One

Sweet!!!

Make sure to let it breath and drink it from a glass.

I'm not sure about the temp. I just keep it cold in the fridge and then drink it. :cheers:
According to the Beer Advocate website, the "proper/recommended" temps for this style are:

Cellar @: 40-45°F
Not recommended for extended cellaring, unless ABV exceeds average range

Serve @: 50-55°F​

Enjoy the fine beer, chickenman. :cheers:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was an EXCELLENT beer, Knight! Great recommendation!

I drank it from a pint glass at 55degrees. Incredibly flavorful. Very thick and creamy. Can't wait for the next round.

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely one of the better beers I've ever had so far.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That was an EXCELLENT beer, Knight! Great recommendation!

I drank it from a pint glass at 55degrees. Incredibly flavorful. Very thick and creamy. Can't wait for the next round.

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely one of the better beers I've ever had so far.
I'm glad you liked it.

The best thing about English beer is they are usually "all business". No silly gimmicks or overpowering flavors. Instead just pure flavor, smaller natural bubbles, subtle and yet complex flavors.

Micro brews generally try too hard to be different, while beers brewed by REAL brewery's focus on the craft of beer making.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Would you have any objection to my establishing a thread like the one below? I was thinking it might be nice to have a set aside like this, eventually working in links to a fine example of each recipient's work in that year...:think:

TOL Poster Hall of Fame

2009:

:first: chickenman

:second: Psalmist

:third: assuranceagent

1st TruthSmacker Award: chatmaggot

2008:

:first: The Graphite

:second: Town Heretic

:third: Prisca

2007:

:first: ApologeticJedi

:second: Poly

:third: centrist101

2006:

:first: Turbo

:third: PastorKevin

2005:

:first: Eowyn

:third: Clete

2004:

:first: 1Way

:second: Shadowx

:third: Clete

2003:

:first: Turbo

:second: 1Way

:third: Sozo

2002:

:first: Jaltus

:second: Paul DeYonghe

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Would you have any objection to my establishing a thread like the one below? I was thinking it might be nice to have a set aside like this, eventually working in links to a fine example of each recipient's work in that year...:think:
I think that would be cool.

The only problem with it is... we didn't start awarding the poster of the year until 2008.

So now we kinda have two awards: posts of the year and poster of the year (along with the honorary Truthsmacker award). I wonder if you could acknowledge the top three Posts of thew Year in some fashion.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think that would be cool.

The only problem with it is... we didn't start awarding the poster of the year until 2008.
:think: Then it's just a matter of setting that out...not a problem.

So now we kinda have two awards: posts of the year and poster of the year (along with the honorary Truthsmacker award). I wonder if you could acknowledge the top three Posts of the Year in some fashion.
I was thinking about having the actual posts, either in a scroll under the winners name OR setting them out in some other fashion. I'd likely lock the thread so it would only be a shrine of sorts. Let me mull it over and think about the format and I'll see what I can come up with. :thumb:

bucksplasher

Mr.

Mr.

Knight
I know that somewhere on this site I've downloaded a spell checker I'm pleased with, but I haven't been able to relocate its hiding place this morning.
Could youy point me in the right direction?

tWINs

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight
I know that somewhere on this site I've downloaded a spell checker I'm pleased with, but I haven't been able to relocate its hiding place this morning.

tWINs
You downloaded Lighthouse?!? :squint:

How much of a strain was that on your ISP? :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You downloaded Lighthouse?!? :squint:

How much of a strain was that on your ISP? :D
Don't knock it. Came with a free Spider-Man IV trailer download as well... Of course it's an actual download schematic for a trailer, but it's free. :plain:

nicholsmom

Knight

tWINs

Just use Mozilla - it automatically spell-checks and is much easier! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.