As They Hate Me, They Will Hate You Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Free-Agent Smith said:
You call them Christian. They call themselves Christian. As a whole I won't because as a whole I don't believe they are.
Sounds like "No True Scotsman" being applied to whomever doesn't agree with your position.

It's always fascinated me how rapidly you people draw your lines in the sand to say "here's Christanity" and "there's not", with each of 33,000+ sects drawing differing lines and you think you're somehow credible.

:darwinsm:

beanieboy

cattyfan said:
Let me get this straight...you're actually trying to compare Carter and King to Christ????
What are you smokin'?

First, Rush doesn't make fun of Carter because Carter is doing chartiy work. Rush makes fun of Carter for a myriad of reasons, but they are all related to politics.

If this is true, for what political reason would Rush refer to Carter over and over as the "Carpenter President", and do so mockingly?

beanieboy

Free-Agent Smith said:
I don't care what you point out. Get back in your closet. This isn't about people like Hitler or King.

(Sigh) I'll type slower.

Simply because one is hated does not mean that they are being Christlike, and walking closely with God.
I used two people who were "hated". The difference is that one was hated for his attrocities, the other for the good he did and the power he took away from the oppressors.

So, simply saying that people hate you is an indicator of nothing.

Being mocked for the persecuted for trying to speak truth or do good is something that you simply have to expect.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
Sounds like "No True Scotsman" being applied to whomever doesn't agree with your position.

It's always fascinated me how rapidly you people draw your lines in the sand to say "here's Christanity" and "there's not", with each of 33,000+ sects drawing differing lines and you think you're somehow credible.

Everybody's got their own personal Jesus, guided by the same Holy Spirit...

Free-Agent Smith

Zakath said:

You call them Christian. They call themselves Christian. As a whole I won't because as a whole I don't believe they are.
It is my opinion. I just don't want mixed in with their idea of Christianity or yours for that matter. I get the idea that anyone could say they believe and you would believe them.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Kinda reminds me of that wag's remark: "Just remember, you're unique. Like everybody else."

beanieboy

I believe someone when they say they are Christian.
Even they tell me, "we aren't perfect, just forgiven."

So, I take their word for it.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Free-Agent Smith said:
Not anymore than thinking that all denominations have a goof foothold in Christianity.
You're not upset that I give equal credence to any one of the other 33,000+ sects and whichever one you claim as your own, are you?

As far as I'm concerned you're all equal in one sense...

... your belief in deity is all equally incorrect.

Free-Agent Smith

Zakath said:
You're not upset that I give equal credence to any one of the other 33,000+ sects and whichever one you claim as your own, are you?

As far as I'm concerned you're all equal in one sense...

... your belief in deity is all equally incorrect.
It doesn't upset me. I expect that from you.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Nineveh said:
"... your belief in deity is all equally incorrect.", said the apostate....
Well, I shouldn't expect someone enmeshed in his or her delusional state to admit it now, would I? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.