ECT Are you in need of a little peace in life?

Christiano

Who has not dreamed of living a quiet life, with few problems, without persecution, hassle free, with people loving us, without differences, without envy, without rancor, without bitterness? is it possible to live quietly in the church? I believe so! Id like to medidate with you about something I believe the Holy Spirit has put in my heart.

What is peace, in this case? It means calm, tranquility, rest, etc. Something much desired by people.

What are the requirements to live quietly at church? The requirements to live in peace at church are the following:

Get away from anything that can cause you harm! Biblical text: "After we had been there a number of days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. 11 Coming over to us, he took Paul’s belt, tied his own hands and feet with it and said, "The Holy Spirit says, 'In this way the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem will bind the owner of this belt and will hand him over to the Gentiles.'"" (Acts 21:10,11). See if Paul complied: "Three days later he called together the local Jewish leaders. When they had assembled, Paul said to them: “My brothers, although I have done nothing against our people or against the customs of our ancestors, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans." (Acts 28:17). Paul, the apostle, didn't seem very interested in peace. He didn't answer the call of the prophet and he ended up paying for that! He had to suffer because of the name of Jesus, although he could have fled the disorders that were revealed to him! He could have let others do God's work. After all, what really matters is to live quietly!

Try not to walk with brothers who are unimportant in the church, who the noblest in the church don't like! Biblical text: "Shouting, “Fellow Israelites, help us! This is the man who teaches everyone everywhere against our people and our law and this place. And besides, he has brought Greeks into the temple and defiled this holy place.” 29 (They had previously seen Trophimus the Ephesian in the city with Paul and assumed that Paul had brought him into the temple.) The whole city was aroused, and the people came running from all directions. Seizing Paul, they dragged him from the temple, and immediately the gates were shut." (Acts 21:28-30). "For they had seen before with him in the city Trophimus an Ephesian, whom they supposed that Paul had brought into the temple. And all the city was moved, and the people ran together: and they took Paul, and drew him out of the temple: and forthwith the doors were shut". See the confusion that Paul got into by walking with the Gentiles and teaching them the Word! This ended his quiet! If you want a quiet life, stay with the strongest and most numerous people in the church. Do not give much importance to the humble, the poor believers, etc.!

Arriving in a church, try not to get too close to the pastor! Biblical text: "Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you" (NIV, Hebrews 13:17). Realized? Pastor is to be obeyed and, if he tells us to do something laborious or with which we don't agree, how are we going to live quiet? Therefore, pastors don't match peace. Get rid of them as soon as possible!

Refrain from going to the church frequently! Biblical text: "...not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another — and all the more as you see the Day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25). The text above tells us not to leave our congregation, but it doesn't say how often we should congregate. Well, if you want peace, how about once or twice a month? Oh, prayer and study services? Forget it! Besides being tiresome, the pastor takes away our peace, telling us what to do and not to do! Want some peace? Congregate as little as possible!

Refrain from cooperating in the church ministry! Biblical text: "But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, co-worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs" (Philippians 2:25). Did you see what a cooperator in the works of God is for? Se serves to leave his rest and go fight with the pastor! And, still, waste time with the needs of the works! Look, those who love peace can't waste time, money and patience with the works of God! Leave it to other people!

Do not interfere in church matters in which you have to expose yourself in a fight against evil! Biblical text: "But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back" (Hebrews 10:38). Why take the chance of losing peace fighting against the enemy? You're better off not exposing yourself at any matter. Better staying in peace, on the fence, not taking sides! This way, we don't take the chance of retreating. God doesn't take any pleasure in this.

Don't offer yourself to take care of kids at church! Biblical text: "Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it" (Proverbs 22:6). This is the parents' duty. At church, we have no liability whatsoever! Each parent should take care of their own child or leave the kid at home till he (or she) grows up!

Praise? That's for people who don't have what to do! Biblical text: "Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy" (Psalms, 33:3). Singing a new song and playing skillfully takes a lot of time for rehearsals, studies, etc.! Do you want to listen to praise? Buy a CD and listen to it stilly, while other people waste time going to church to rehearsal! Choir? No way!

Don't waste and time reading the Bible. Biblical text: "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). Reading the Bible is for deacons, they are the ones who teach us. After all, those who want peace at the church have, at the most, to listen to the deacons during the services.

Make friends and ignore the others. Biblical text: "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves" (Romans 12:10). I have done my pat loving the ones who love me. Those who look for peace at the church need tosurround themselves with some friends and ignore the ones who aren't likeable, since they are disobedient to the order of honoring one another. Don't stress about people whose presence at the church we have no interest. If they go away, even better. I even think that, in the name of peace, we should pray for the departure of people we consider unlikeable.

Conclusion – It's clear, then, thst those who want to live life in peace should trample all good examples and biblical recommendations, instead of giving their lives and their personal interests to Jesus because, as the Scriptures say, our resting place isn't here. Here isn't Heaven yet for us to require a life free of problems and persecution.

Jesus said the following: "Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him" (John 13:16). "Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' [^2] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also" (John 15:20).

It's also worth pointing out that:

1. Jesus promised consolation, not peace. "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever" (John 14:16).
  2. Jesus promised tranquility in Heaven, not on Earth. "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'" (Matthew 25:21)
  3. Jesus promised relief, not being trouble-free. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

Ultimately, careful not to rush in the search of peace, since the momentary pleasure that it will exempt you during part of this life will cost you dearly in the next!

* This study is also in my personal blog: http://captainslogbrasil.blogspot.com.br/

glorydaz

Yes, peace not as the world knows it, but the peace of God.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, peace not as the world knows it, but the peace of God.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.​

You beat me to it, sister! :thumb:

We have the peace of God and peace with God and both through the Lord Jesus Christ!

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ!

Bradley D

Peace means getting out of self and caring more for others. As in the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.

"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, the truth;
Where there is doubt, the faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen"

Most of my unrest comes from getting into self.

Jamie Gigliotti

Peace means getting out of self and caring more for others. As in the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.

"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, the truth;
Where there is doubt, the faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen"

Most of my unrest comes from getting into self.

So true! May it be so in us, in Jesus name, amen.