Are Calvinist, Catholics Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsanford108

Salvation is by faith alone because it is by Christ alone. What good works can a sinner do to merit salvation?
Jesus Christ is the one that fulfilled God's Holy Law. Jesus Christ is the one that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world. It was the doing and the dying of Jesus that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Not the Catholic church.

Neither the Catholic Church, nor I, have said that works merit salvation. This is a common false application.

Also, your "faith alone" doctrine is in direct contradiction with the Gospels and Epistles. "Faith alone" renders all works (done post grace saved) null. There is no need for witnessing, charity, or even adherence to the commands of God, and charges of the apostles with a "faith alone" doctrine. As you have so clearly demonstrated time and again.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
Neither the Catholic Church, nor I, have said that works merit salvation. This is a common false application.

Also, your "faith alone" doctrine is in direct contradiction with the Gospels and Epistles. "Faith alone" renders all works (done post grace saved) null. There is no need for witnessing, charity, or even adherence to the commands of God, and charges of the apostles with a "faith alone" doctrine. As you have so clearly demonstrated time and again.

If you believe that salvation is by faith plus something, then you don't believe the Gospel.

Keep eating those wafers and drinking that grape juice.

beloved57

Jesus has ALREADY reconciled the whole world unto God, but you don't believe it. All sin has been purged, but you don't believe it. You are concerned about things that have already been dealt with because you are an unbeliever.
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost! That's saying that Christ death can't save!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

jsanford108

If you believe that salvation is by faith plus something, then you don't believe the Gospel.

Keep eating those wafers and drinking that grape juice.

It is really sad the falsehoods that you apply to everyone except yourself. Especially Catholics.

beloved57

Right! He denies that all those Christ died for shall be given Eternal Life.

Amen which was promised to them Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
1 Jn 2:25

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Nanja

Amen which was promised to them Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
1 Jn 2:25

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Amen, and the "us" that was promised eternal life is exclusive to all that were given Him of the Father in Election Eph. 1:4.

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Bard_the_Bowman

There is nothing in the Old Testament or the New Testament about Calvinism, Catholicism, or any religion.

Dang, Robert.

Even though you go to great lengths to create your own made-up definitions of terms and then hold everyone else's belief systems to your homemade jargon.....you still manage to contradict the Bible.

There is nothing in the Old Testament or New Testament about any religion you say?

Well,the Bible disagrees with you and says....

James 1:27: "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

You should be more careful.

Also, remember we've been over all of this before?

If your definition of religion is something like : "man's preoccupation with himself"...well, Calvinists don't qualify, Catholics don't qualify, Methodists don't qualify, Lutherans don't qualify, non-denom's don't qualify, etc.

All of those groups (and more) are too preoccupied with Jesus to be preoccupied with themselves.

What you assert simply does not square with reality.

But that is nothing new.

Peace.

Bard_the_Bowman

There is no evidence of the Holy Spirit in their teachings.

According to the Bible, what qualifies as "evidence of the Holy Spirit" in teachings? Does the Bible tell us?

Or are you just making stuff up again?

Catholics are not Christians because they believe that they must participate in their salvation. What it comes down to is what are you trusting in?

Participate like Paul said to, you mean?

" Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Phillippians 2:12)

Huh.....it looks like Paul disagrees with Robert.

Do you just ignore that verse when you read the Bible or what?

Peace.

Bard_the_Bowman

Calvinism and Catholicism is an out right rejection of the saving work of Christ.

Except for one detail...

You do not know what you are talking about.

You display your ignorance of other's beliefs every time you try to post something about them.

I wish that weren't so...but it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.