ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

red77

Knight said:
Well... as they say.... if you don't like the way this place is run don't let the door hit your.... (you know the rest). :)

It's not about how this place is run, its got nothing to do with that, but arent we as Christians supposed to show the fruits that draw others towards faith? patience, kindness, self control? Am I wrong to believe that We as Christians should try to rise above pettiness and insulting behaviour?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
JadeTigress said:
While I may not agree with what they've chosen to do, they're still people, and, to me, are still deserving of love.
You are a sick disgusting pig.

You love people who molest little kids????? :vomit:

JadeTigress

Knight said:
You are a sick disgusting pig.

You love people who molest little kids????? :vomit:

I love people in general.

It's just their actions that I may not agree with. And no, I don't like molestation.

Fnord5

Knight said:
Jesus wasn't a hippy like you think He was.

Jesus was harsh when it came to wicked people.... Jesus was the "Rock of offense" (Romans 9:33) in other words He was highly offensive.

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
- Matthew 18:6

There are dozens of similar examples in the Bible.

Jesus affirmed that homosexuals get what they deserve and He also affirmed others deserve even worse!

“But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.” - Matthew 11:24

Even the Devil can quote scripture to serve his purposes.
All your quotes say is that offenders will suffer eternity for their crimes, it DOES NOT say that you should hate them.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
JadeTigress said:
I love people in general.

It's just their actions that I may not agree with. And no, I don't like molestation.
Should we punish child molesters or should we punish molestation? :think:

JadeTigress

Knight said:
Should we punish child molesters or should we punish molestation? :think:

I never said that they shouldn't be punished for what they've done.

Parents punish their children when they do something wrong. But they still love their children, n'est-ce pas?

darkshadow2247

Knight said:
Jesus wasn't a hippy like you think He was.

Jesus was harsh when it came to wicked people.... Jesus was the "Rock of offense" (Romans 9:33) in other words He was highly offensive.

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
- Matthew 18:6

There are dozens of similar examples in the Bible.

Jesus affirmed that homosexuals get what they deserve and He also affirmed others deserve even worse!

“But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.” - Matthew 11:24

You make sense for the most part. But do you think that the Lord would approve of your hate speech? He doesn't approve of the homosexual lifestyle. He says that they shall parish, but He also states that you are love him no matter what.

Classic verses from the bible.

Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself - Lev 19:18

And walk in love as Christ also hath lovers us... - Ephesians 5:2

It is said you are to love everyone. Don't hate someone because they are gay. Their punishment will come in due time.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fnord5 said:
Even the Devil can quote scripture to serve his purposes.
All your quotes say is that offenders will suffer eternity for their crimes, it DOES NOT say that you should hate them.
Psalms 139:21 Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You? 22 I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.

Yes... I hate child molesters and rapists. I hate them with a perfect hatred.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
darkshadow2247 said:
It is said you are to love everyone.
Actually you are dead wrong.

Loving EVERYTHING is wicked.

God says....

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor [hate] what is evil. Cling to what is good. - Romans 12:9

Fnord5

Knight said:
Psalms 139:21 Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You? 22 I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.

I am not even going to point out the arrogance and irony there.

red77

Knight said:

But you would still wish them to repent and come to the faith though right? They arent unredeemable are they?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
red77 said:
But you would still wish them to repent and come to the faith though right? They arent unredeemable are they?
Absolutely, that's why they should be confronted.

You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. - Leviticus 19:17

red77

Knight said:
Absolutely, that's why they should be confronted.

You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. - Leviticus 19:17

Then I agree, rape and molestation should never be tolerated and always confronted, however we are called to love our enemies by Jesus himself, to bless those who persecute us, easier said than done its true but then that should one of the marks of the faith IMO

JadeTigress

Knight said:
But why punish them if it's only their ACTIONS you disagree with?

To help them, and hopefully they won't do it anymore.

Oi...sometimes I think I'm more of a Christian than some Christians...and I'm a witch.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
JadeTigress said:
To help them, and hopefully they won't do it anymore.
But you are punishing THEM and not their ACTIONS. :idunno:

Remember, it was you who said.... "It's just their actions that I may not agree with."

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
red77 said:
But people ARE punished for their actions, not for being who they are....
God says...

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7

We are who we are, you cannot separate us from our actions. Our actions are what define us.

JadeTigress

Knight said:
But you are punishing THEM and not their ACTIONS. :idunno:

Remember, it was you who said.... "It's just their actions that I may not agree with."

Exactly, and if you punish them and help them to realize that those actions are wrong, they might not do them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.