ARCHIVE - geoff's colossal contradiction (subtitled) HIS CONVERSION TO OPEN THEISM!

jobeth

Geoff:
In fact, even saying 'God allows evil' is not correct. He doesnt allow it. It has already been judged, and all those who are still SINners in the end, will be destroyed. Which is fitting punishment for something God does not allow.
God is either now allowing sin to occur or He isn't.
Which is it?

geoff

JoBeth,

In reality, it is both. He allows sin to occur, FOR THE MOMENT, however, that does not mean that Sin occurs with in His will. If Sin occurs within the will of God, God is guilty of that sin.

Therefore in the BIG picture, Sin is not allowed, God has Judged Sin and will punish it. However, until such time as that final punishment takes place, sin still continues, against the will of God, until all its agents are destroyed.

jobeth

Geoff:
You said: "In reality, it is both. He allows sin to occur, FOR THE MOMENT, however, that does not mean that Sin occurs with in His will. "

You agreed with me that God is able to make anything happen that He wants to happen.

So, if, as you say, sin is currently occurring, then it MUST be because God wants it to.

But, you say:"...sin still continues, against the will of God.."

Does God have two minds on the issue of sin, and whether to allow it to occur, even for the moment, or not?

God is either now (currently) allowing sin to occur or He isn't. You cannot say "both". So which is it?

jobeth

1way:
I haven't heard your response to this one.
1way:
I agree that God only acts thoughtfully and rationally and never acts foolish or petty. God is too wise to choose to act foolishly. But that doesn't mean He couldn't. I suppose God could do something completely spontaneous and random if He wanted to. Not that He would, but He could. What do you think?

geoff

Does God have two minds on the issue of sin, and whether to allow it to occur, even for the moment, or not?

God has One mind, He has judged SIN, and he will destroy it.

However he has not destroyed SIN as yet, and until He does, it continues to exist.

You cannot say "both". So which is it?

God does not PERMIT SIN, he does not ALLOW, or CAUSE SIN, it exists AGAINST his will. Yet it does exist, until He finally destroys it.

geoff

Does God know that sin is currently occurring?

Yes.

And He also knows that He is going to destroy it.

Therefore we can say that God DOES NOT permit sin, nor does He cause it, although until the Kingdom is fully here, Sin continues, because there are still those who sin, and all are still Sinners.

You really really need to go and study inaugerated eschatology.

jobeth

Geoff:
If God knows that sin is currently occurring, and God is able to stop it from occurring if He wanted to, then if He has not yet stopped it, He is currently permitting it to occur.

But you said (and I agree with you) that God does not permit sin.

If inaugerated eschatology teaches that God is currently permitting sin, then it is clearly wrong. For we only do what God permits us to do. Don't you agree?

Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.
John 15:5 ... for without me ye can do nothing.
James 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
John 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

geoff

JoBeth,

If God 'permits' us to sin, then He can not punish us now, can he, because we are doing it with His blessing.

jobeth

Geoff:
You said:
If God 'permits' us to sin, then He can not punish us now, can he, because we are doing it with His blessing.
That's exactly right. Which is why I said:
But you said (and I agree with you) that God does not permit sin.
So yes, I have affirmed and do affirm that God does not permit sin.

How often would you say you sin without God's permission or consent?

geoff

Jobeth,

I AM A SINNER.

I have NOT been perfected, I am not God, I do not possess a spiritual Body, and the Kingdom is not here fully.

jobeth

Geoff:
I know you are a sinner. I am asking, though, how often does a person have to sin in order to be called a sinner?

Once a day, twice a month, twice a year?

And is someone who sins every single day a worse sinner than someone who sins less often?

geoff

JoBeth:

By sinner, I mean I, and you, and ALL people are in a state of SIN... we still have FLESHLY bodies (flesh meaning bodies that are corruptible, sinful, not perfected, mortal), until we recieve our new bodies, only then will we be sinless....

It doesnt matter how many sinful deeds you or I do... one a second, or one a year, what matters is that ANY sin ANYONE commits... EVEN thinking a bad thought is proof that you, or I, still possess a sin nature.

Getting saved doesnt stop us committing sinful deeds, getting saved starts us on the process of being cleansed from them.
Getting saved gets us FORGIVEN for our sin nature, which will only finally be annhilated when we recieve our new bodies.

Last edited:

jobeth

Geoff:
I know that you claim that we cannot have remission of sins and be truly sanctified while in the flesh. But what if you are wrong about that?

What if there are those who are sanctified, here and now?

Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
1 Cor 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints,
1 Cor 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified,
Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

What if you should be preaching that remission of sins is possible, rather than saying it is impossible?

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Suppose it's true that Saints have now been set free from the power of sin?
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

And now do not sin?
1John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not;

What if the Saints really are saints?

geoff

JoBeth:

Scripture says we are forgiven now, and that we are expected to live like those who will be perfected in the next life...

it does NOT says that even when we sin, we arent sinning...

which is what you are trying to make it out as

jobeth

Geoff:
I'm not trying to make out anything that isn't implied in the text, nor do I want to misquote the scripture or take it out of context. Please address the specific verses I guoted.