ARCHIVE: A confession of faith

Justin (Wiccan)

koban said:
How about "Justin Time" ? :D

You and Sozo! :help: I got called that all through school, and hated it. :chuckle:

Though I may consider "Justin Thyme." I could make my custom title "Parsely, sage, rosemary, and..." :think:

Shalom

When I saw the pic of you with your new grand daughter I also thought some of the same things as Poly. I was wandering how you could hold her and not understand the true awesomeness of God. Good for you Justin. :BRAVO:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
That is awesome Justin! I'll be praying for you as you move into this new area of your life.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Justin (Wiccan) said:
No punchline, my friend.

I know, I'm just joshin' ya. I figured you have plenty of support here so I can joke around a bit! :devil:

Heck, currently I'm trying to desice what to change my username to ... somehow, "Justin (Wiccan)" just doesn't seem to fit anymore. Wonder why. ;)

How about 'Justin [Time]'? :think:

noguru

Justin,

This is good. Following Jesus is the best way to serve God. He is our atonement and our strength in this world.

"Just a closer walk with thee
Jesus grant it if you please"

God Bless

fool

Hall of Fame
So when are you going to lay out your system?
And, have you suffered any head injuries recently?

fool

Hall of Fame
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Heck, I'm not sure I HAVE a "system."
Well then, maybe your not full blown Christian, maybe your just "Christ Curious".

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would you be willing to share your journey, from where you were to where you are, with us?

Balder

Justin, as I recall, you were a Christian before you were Wiccan. Is that correct?

I also understand you to be saying here, not that you've become a Christian again, but that you've begun to look for a better way to serve God ... and that you are open to it being through Christianity.

For what it's worth, I thought I would chime in here and say that I, too, have been feeling more open to theism again, and have felt some of the old devotional love of God from my Christian days returning. It never left me, in truth, and I don't believe I ever rejected it in spirit; I just turned to it in a different way, and found it through a different form. The "language" and images of the Christian world in which I'd immersed myself eventually came to seem inadequate to me, and I looked into my heart and into the great traditions of the world to try to go deeper. I recall saying in a prayer once, as I stood outside the doors of a church in Korea, "Lord, I am turning my back on You -- on all that people have told me about You and where You are to be found; but I am doing it in order to better and more deeply find You."

After this journey, some of the Christian message does speak to me in a new way now. That is not a way of saying I'm "coming back" to Christianity, however, or that I'm leaving what I've found. But it is an acknowledgement of the original roots of my journey away, and an opening to make more room for what I'd left behind.

Peace,
Balder

fool

Hall of Fame
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Note: That's not a reticence to share what's happened ... but I don't have enough of an understanding to phrase it coherently.
Did it involve a ride on a spaceship?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Justin-
You're in my prayers, Justin. And as for your sn, I suggest just dropping the "(Wiccan)." All opf us just call you "Justin," anyway.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Balder said:
For what it's worth, I thought I would chime in here and say that I, too, have been feeling more open to theism again, and have felt some of the old devotional love of God from my Christian days returning. It never left me, in truth, and I don't believe I ever rejected it in spirit;
:shocked: Wow... I am blown away by this.

This may be the greatest Christmas TOL has ever had.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
we should just take the name "Justin" away from that other guy, I never see him post :devil:

or Justin (ex-Wiccan) should be called "The real slim Justin"