Apparent Biblical Discrepancies.

Aimiel

Jukia said:
Uh huh, and your belief is no doubt based on some training of substance in physics or geology.
No, but I've read articles by several who are rather authoritative on the subject who have significantly more 'training' than I, and simply don't swallow whatever I'm fed by textbooks. It's your condescending attitude that makes me wonder about your training and discipline.

allsmiles

Aimiel said:
Light would take just a little over four years to reach here from the nearest star, if God had not created the stars with their 'visible' light at the same time. He didn't do this to 'trip' anyone, but so that they wouldn't trip, for instance when going to the woods to relieve themselves (the stars provide more than enough light to see where you're going, and to keep from tripping over an obstacle). And, He wasn't worried about His Creation 'reaching' anything, He just has to keep out the riff-raff. His Home isn't defiled, and He can't allow sin into His Presence.

:chuckle:

your array of lousy answers will never cease to get a knee slap out of me Aimiel.

allsmiles

Aimiel said:
No, but I've read articles by several who are rather authoritative on the subject who have significantly more 'training' than I, and simply don't swallow whatever I'm fed by textbooks. It's your condescending attitude that makes me wonder about your training and discipline.

the "several" you refer to with better training were fed something themselves, so what makes them any better than any other expert who has an educated position on this?

Aimiel

Apologist said:
Prophesy for us, Aimiel. What sort of beverage am i drinking?
A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas.

Apologist

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas.

How convenient. I am calling you on an argument from silence.

allsmiles

1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.

3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."

5 But the LORD came down (?) to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

:rotfl:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I always got a chuckle out of imagining Jehovah was a mogul who fired his construction crew before they could unionize.

Jukia

Granite said:
I always got a chuckle out of imagining Jehovah was a mogul who fired his construction crew before they could unionize.
Uh oh, I hope you like it nice and warm.

eisenreich

6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."
So if Esperanto caught on, we'd finally be able to build a tower tall enough that it reaches heaven, therefore toppling God? Worth a shot.

Jukia

Aimiel said:

Ah yes, you don't swallow what you are fed in textbooks, which are usually written or contributed to by those with significant training but you do swallow what you read in articles. Got it.

Sorry if I sound condescending, don't really mean to. But perhaps it comes from a BA and MS in biology.

Letsargue

Aimiel said:
Is it too much of a 'stretch' to believe that The One Who created everything out of nothing would have enough sense to know the speed of light, and create stars along with their 'visible' light so that they could be observed instantly, upon thier creation, even though they are so distant?

---Did he not create all things according to the Law of science, what ever science says it should be, that is the way it was created.
-----------------Paul---

Letsargue

eisenreich said:
So if Esperanto caught on, we'd finally be able to build a tower tall enough that it reaches heaven, therefore toppling God? Worth a shot.

---No, the attempting to build a tower to Heaven is foolish, God just stoped them from being Foolish. God is not that stupid, man is.
----------------Paul---