AOC Slams Facebook, Google, Microsoft CEOs

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
You poor thing. Have a Midol.

Nah, just a fellow traveling tard.

Its a well established fact that TOL has a conservatives bias `where certain members don't miss a beat when it comes to reporting their Democratic counterparts - all I'm looking for is some semblance of a level playing field whereby infractions are judged on their merit - not their politics or how loudly one complains!

In the 12 years I've been a member of TOL, I've never reported another member - I don't need TOL to hold my hand or to hide behind its skirts when it comes to defending my political views!

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Nah, just a fellow traveling tard.
"Name calling" is nothing more than a public admission that an individual lacks the required skills to defend their viewpoints in an open forum - the next step is to run to the moderator to hold their hand and silence anyone exercising their 1st Amendment Rights!

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Times have changed and the moderators are giving infractions for using the word "retard".

my understanding is that it is acceptable if it is in direct response to a specific post/series of posts/flameout, that are (is?) demonstrably retarded

so, calling artie a retard, based on years and years of observing his retarded thinking is not acceptable

calling artie a retard for making a single retarded statement is borderline

calling artie's single retarded statement retarded is acceptable

but i may be wrong :noid:

either way, cruci's flameout last night was uber-retarded :chuckle:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
so go find another forum :idunno:

Year - Infractions

2007 - 0

2008 - 0

2009 - 0

2010 - 1

2011 - 1

2012 - 0

2013 - 0

2014 - 0

2015 - 1

2016 - 0

2017 - 3

2018 - 11
TOTAL 17

Given that 11 of the 17 infractions that I received over a 12 year period were issued last year, it is difficult to come to any other conclusion than TOL has made a conscious decision to purge itself of those with dissenting opinions!

As a member for 12 years, I'm more than prepared to be "banned" for questioning as to why I received a grand total of just 3 infractions in my first 10 years - only to be averaging almost 1 infraction a month for 2018!

The question remains, however, as to how one can claim to be operating a forum when only one set of opinions are being expressed.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

my understanding is that it is acceptable if it is in direct response to a specific post/series of posts/flameout, that are (is?) demonstrably retarded

so, calling artie a retard, based on years and years of observing his retarded thinking is not acceptable

calling artie a retard for making a single retarded statement is borderline

calling artie's single retarded statement retarded is acceptable

but i may be wrong :noid:

either way, cruci's flameout last night was uber-retarded :chuckle:
My latest infraction was for stating that someone went full retard.

Does this look like it is still acceptable?
moderator said:
It's not an acceptable phrase. It starts unnecessary fighting in the threads. While TOL isn't as tame as other boards, I don't want it to be a mud pit either.
We need to drop the name calling please. It makes TOL unappealing. Instead show why the post is stupid instead of name calling.