Any advice

drbrumley

Hey guys, can you point me in the right direction of placement tests to homeschool.

16 YO daughter having trouble in school. Grade 10

11 YO son Grade 6 (ESE)

9 YO son Grade 3 (ESE)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Is this what you are looking for?

"Diagnostic Tests

This single kit contains tests to ensure students are properly placed within the Switched-on Schoolhouse grade levels. Test subjects for grades 3-12 include Bible, Language Arts, Math, History/Geography, and Science."

Switched-on Schoolhouse

Catatumba

Home schooling???
Have you checked with the schooling authority that has the big J. around where you live??
They will give you an outline of what the kids will need to be competent.
Other than that, hey you go girl or (guy?)!!!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
drbrumley said:
Hey guys, can you point me in the right direction of placement tests to homeschool.

16 YO daughter having trouble in school. Grade 10

11 YO son Grade 6 (ESE)

9 YO son Grade 3 (ESE)

Ok, dr. sorry for the spam. It's up to you if you want to have this thread deleted or we can take up from here :) I'm going to clean up the thread a bit, so I hope no one gets offended when they see their off topics removed. I know a lot of good folks came to your defence :)

Good rep for Sozo, kmoney and Dread when I can good rep again :)

Was switched on something you could use?

And Joe... See ya in 3 days :)

drbrumley

Nineveh said:
Ok, dr. sorry for the spam. It's up to you if you want to have this thread deleted or we can take up from here :) I'm going to clean up the thread a bit, so I hope no one gets offended when they see their off topics removed. I know a lot of good folks came to your defence :)

Good rep for Sozo, kmoney and Dread when I can good rep again :)

Was switched on something you could use?
Thanks Nineveh.

Don't have to delete the thread. I know that makes more work for you though cleaning it up.

And I do appreciate the defense guys. .

And thanks for the link earlier. That sounds pretty good. Alpha Omega. Are there others?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
drbrumley said:
Thanks Nineveh.

Don't have to delete the thread. I know that makes more work for you though cleaning it up.

And I do appreciate the defense guys. .

And thanks for the link earlier. That sounds pretty good. Alpha Omega. Are there others?

I dunno if ABeka has one or not... let me look...

I don't think they do. ABeka

Those are the only two I am familliar with. Switched on through word of mouth, I haven't used it. Do you belong to a homeschooler group? Nori should be on later, I imagine her and Poly have scads of info on this :)

drbrumley

Nineveh said:
I dunno if ABeka has one or not... let me look...

I don't think they do. ABeka

Those are the only two I am familliar with. Switched on through word of mouth, I haven't used it. Do you belong to a homeschooler group? Nori should be on later, I imagine her and Poly have scads of info on this :)
I PMed the same Pm you got to Nori. I didn't think of Poly. I PM her also.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
drbrumley said:
I PMed the same Pm you got to Nori. I didn't think of Poly. I PM her also.

I don't know how you feel about Bob Jones University. But, that's the curriculum I've used since Jessi was in second grade. They have information on testing and evaluation at http://www.bjupress.com/services/testing/. Or, if you're more interested in the Home Satellite program, you can get information at http://www.bjupress.com/services/bjhomesat/. If I remember correctly, BJU HomeSat keeps all records for you until your child graduates. Your 16 year old daughter may be able to "test out" of school by taking the GED test. Homeschoolers that I know either do that or take the SAT.