Another mass grave found in Iraq

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by aikido7

"No one excuses Saddam's past atrocities..."

And, of course Bush. He supported Saddam when he gassed his own country. And Donald Rumsfeld had the cutest smile when he shook hands with the guy.

So? Clinton had a dopey smirk on his face when he hung out with Arafat.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OMEGA

Skeptic,

I think that Saddam started out as a Bully

and the US wanted him to keep the Country in line

so that they could control the OIL supply to the USA .
Every oil producing country in the world wants the US for a customer! Every person with a brain knows it cheaper to buy it than to fight a war for it! The blood for oil argument is brainless and with out a bit of merit!

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Do-Gooder Mythology

Do-Gooder Mythology

"No Blood For Oil " is just another commie slogan mantra. Sounds good, means nothing.

I must admit to a perverse amusement watching people chant it when those very same people would flee to safe haven no matter what the war was over. These are the same people who think peace can be bought with the same ease with which one buys a toaster oven at Wal-Mart.

They hate God, their parents, their boss at work, their grade-school teachers, their American heritage, all with the same fervor. They would sell YOUR grandmother if they could. (They'll avoid selling their own grandmothers because there might be an "image" problem.)

Commies and atheists (sorry for the redundancy) will support murder and carnage IF the "right people" are being murdered and brutalized.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by One Eyed Jack
I don't think so.
One-Eyed Jack, I am getting weary on this end doing your own civic duty for you. This is not the first time I have done so, either.

The official U.S. government reaction to Halabja? At first the government downplayed the reports, which were coming from Iranian sources. Once the media had confirmed the story and pictures of the dead villagers had been shown on television, the U.S. denounced the use of gas. Bush's press secretary told reporters, "Everyone in the administration saw the same reports you saw last night. They were horrible, outrageous, disgusting and should serve as a reminder to all countries of why chemical warfare should be banned." But as Power observes, "The United States issued no threats or demands." The government's objection was that Saddam had used gas to kill his own citizens, not that he had killed them. Indeed, subsequently State Department officials indicated that both sides--Iraq and Iran--were responsible perhaps for the gassing of civilian Kurds.
http://hnn.us/articles/862.html

I am getting ready to move and am cleaning out my library of books I have already read. One of them is The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind by Mark Noll, a first-rate Christian evangelical himself. Send me your address in a PM and I will mail it to you.

The author calls it "an epistle from a wounded lover."

Mark Noll loves God and he loves academics, but he is wounded because many of his colleagues deny the possibility of maintaining the integrity of both loves.

Noll's epistle is a memoir, a historical study, and a wide-ranging piece of cultural criticism that argues, "The scandal of the evangelical mind is that there is not much of an evangelical mind." Noll considers the effects of evangelical intellectual atrophy on American politics, science, and the arts, and he ultimately offers wise and practical advice for readers who want to explore the full intellectual implications of the incarnation of Christ
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/002-5210188-8649665?v=glance&s=books

This was what -- five years before the gassing incident?
Rumsfeld was photographed shaking hands with Saddam during a visit in 1983. The Kurds were attacked in 1988, and as the first link will show you, our relationship with Saddam represented by the handshake and smiles was still going strong at the time.

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Rumsfeld was photographed shaking hands with Saddam during a visit in 1983.

So? You need to stop watching Michael Moore movies and join the real world.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BillyBob

So? You need to stop watching Michael Moore movies and join the real world.
Now that is just not fair. A7 has not once ever asked you to quit reading your Bible!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You guys keep saying "Michael Moore, Michael Moore." You Republican partisans really need to give it a rest.

I know about the guy. I've seen his movies and subsequently read parts of his books. Moore and his movies and books have been discussed ad nauseum.

Keep it up and you're just liable to keep the Farenheit 9/11 DVD number one nationally in rentals for at least a few more hours.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

You guys keep saying "Michael Moore, Michael Moore." You Republican partisans really need to give it a rest.

I know about the guy. I've seen his movies and subsequently read parts of his books. Moore and his movies and books have been discussed ad nauseum.

Keep it up and you're just liable to keep the Farenheit 9/11 DVD number one nationally in rentals for at least a few more hours.

I watched F 9-11 this weekend, Moore tried desperately to imply some covert connection between Rumsfeld, Saddam and the Bush family. He showed video tape of Rummy shaking hands with Saddam as if that is an indictment.

I know your mind, commie. I know how you think. I know what you are up to.

Hey, did you ever watch that DVD I sent you, 'Farenhype 9-11', that handily dismantles each of Moore's bogus claims?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
It's funny, before I saw Moore's F 9-11, I assumed he had taken some facts and manipulated them to show a side of the Bush Administration that was less than favorable, but after seeing it, I know that you'd have to be a complete moron to fall for such charlatanry.

Aikido, please tell us that you have been joking about Moore all along and you recognize him for the liar he really is......

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Aikido, please tell us that you have been joking about Moore all along and you recognize him for the liar he really is......

Yeah. A liar.

How DID he fake all that previously unseen video showing our strong, resolute, truthful "friend of the common man" George Bush?

Who was it that faked the grieving mother in Washington? Was it all really a "set-up" as the woman in the film said? How DID that liar do it?

One Eyed Jack

One-Eyed Jack, I am getting weary on this end doing your own civic duty for you.

Then give it a rest. I'm not asking you to do my 'civic duty' for me.

I am getting ready to move and am cleaning out my library of books I have already read. One of them is The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind by Mark Noll, a first-rate Christian evangelical himself. Send me your address in a PM and I will mail it to you.

No way. First of all, I'd never give you my address, and secondly, anything recommended by you goes right on my list of things to avoid.

The author calls it "an epistle from a wounded lover."

I don't care what he calls it. Your theology is as wacky as your politics. I have no interest in reading this book.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Yeah. A liar.

It took me 2 hours to watch an hour of Moore's movie because I had to keep stopping the tape and discuss the lies with Mrs. BillyBob. Moore is a liar. I haven't even watched Morris's rebuttal yet, have you?

How DID he fake all that previously unseen video showing our strong, resolute, truthful "friend of the common man" George Bush?

The video is not incriminating, the narration [Moore] is, but it's all blatant lies and supposition.

Who was it that faked the grieving mother in Washington? Was it all really a "set-up" as the woman in the film said? How DID that liar do it?

See above. Go watch the DVD I sent you. Get back to afterwards.