And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

Arthur Brain

Another Magritte: "The Human Condition".

the-human-condition.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't see what either of those have to do with a rice thread about altering pheasant, but I don't see a lot of things as well as I once did.

So there's that. :plain:

Arthur Brain

I don't see what either of those have to do with a rice thread about altering pheasant, but I don't see a lot of things as well as I once did.

So there's that. :plain:

It's fine art you philistine! What's unpleasant about that?!

Speaking of which here's a picture of a cat playing scrabble against a gerbil...:

900x450_4232.jpg

My mistake, its another Magritte: "Reproduction Denied"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's fine art you philistine! What's unpleasant about that?!

Speaking of which here's a picture of a cat playing scrabble against a gerbil...:

My mistake, its another Magritte: "Reproduction Denied"
Thought the title of that one was "Magritte's Got Back". Here's one I have in the card room.

View attachment 25280

It's funny because the "beer" reads "Barks"...and there's no such thing as Barks root beer for dogs. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You do know that when you have to explain why something is funny then the chances are it just isn't, right?

:plain:
No, I'm a registered Republican.

I think it makes it funnier. Because, you know, it says Barks. . . and it's even more funnier when you realize that dogs don't drink beer when they play poker. . . Cause they're dogs. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I was at Trader Joe's two days after Christmas and stopped to look at the cut flowers. They had the most beautiful white roses, eight of them for 5.99, and they were beyond perfection. So of course I bought them, and unbelievably, they lasted without hardly any browning or wilting or fading for almost a full month. I've never had cut flowers last that long. They were so beautiful... I don't know if I've ever had such beautiful white roses.

So here's one of them up close, Jan. 4:

IMG_7565_zpstuqcuwsu.jpg

Arthur Brain

Beauty in photography, lighting and composition, landscape and portrait, need a break from the crankiness going on elsewhere...:eek:

Right click 'open image in new tab' for full size.

kilian_cover.jpg

82b9d36c7d1118536c2a1e077cbaf651.jpg

tumblr_okw5hlMPtm1w4721wo1_1280.jpg

Lon

No, I'm a registered Republican.
The Three Stooges aren't for everybody.

I think it makes it funnier.
I do watch the BBC occasionally, but I don't get some of it. It isn't always about the highest level of education but that reminds me of a good quantum physics joke.... (tell me if you heard this one: One day a child was crying very much, then a police asked "what's the matter?
Then the child told something that has weight and volume and occupies space).
Because, you know, it says Barks. . . and it's even more funnier when you realize that dogs don't drink beer when they play poker. . . Cause they're dogs. :plain:
Are you howling mad? Okay, point taken...I'd just as soon have hydrophobia than explain dogs with a good head on their mugs....
You do know that when you have to explain why something is funny then the chances are it just isn't, right?

Or... (I shouldn't explain this one either :chuckle:
Don't write a sitcom whatever you do...

The Stooges aren't for everybody.