An Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGergen

I am fairly well educated former Pastor who has left the Christian faith and hold a more agnostic worldview than anything else. In NO way am I meaning to antagonize or rob anyone out of their faith. This is not my purpose in joining. I am not argumentative but will challenge your thinking and I am not afraid to push back on intellectual arguments.

As long as others play nice with me an engage me in a spirit of respect, I will of course oblige them in return. Because we disagree does not mean we must be disagreeable.

Now, what shall we discuss?

Memento Mori

I am fairly well educated former Pastor who has left the Christian faith and hold a more agnostic worldview than anything else. In NO way am I meaning to antagonize or rob anyone out of their faith. This is not my purpose in joining. I am not argumentative but will challenge your thinking and I am not afraid to push back on intellectual arguments.

As long as others play nice with me an engage me in a spirit of respect, I will of course oblige them in return. Because we disagree does not mean we must be disagreeable.

Well good luck surviving. Welcome.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame

(1) What led you to leave the Christian faith?

(2) Did you ever wonder why Paul preached a gospel that was kept hidden since the world began whereas the 12 taught that which was prophesied?

(3) Have you ever been "angry at God" because He "let" bad things happen?

(4) Do you (or did you) believe that God has absolute foreknowledge or do you (did you) believe that the future was open?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Welcome. :wave2:

What led you away from Christianity and to agnosticism?

C

cattyfan

Perhaps we should discuss your ego, since you needed to introduce yourself as "well educated" and proceeded to assure us of how you've arrived to challenge and educate us :rolleyes:

Apparently you've abandoned all of your pastoral qualities, including that of being humble.

C

cattyfan

Tell me...are you this Chris Gergen?

Christopher P. Gergen
PO Box XXXX - Gulf Shores, Alabama 36547-7661
Phone: (251)233-XXXX Email: XXXXXXXX Web: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position I can utilize my leadership, military and public speaking skills to build a career of meaningful relationships and successful business transactions.

QUALIFICATIONS SUMMARY: Fourteen years professional speaking experience. Five years experience in avionics electronics technician troubleshooting and repair. Two years experience as training program manager tracking, facilitating and expediting personnel PQS progress. Three years experience as leading flight-line supervisor. Three years Collateral Duty Inspector and Quality Assurance insuring safety and proper maintenance performance. Three years effective business leadership and executive sales experience. Effective leader, excelling in training of personnel and carrying out/delegating duties to create a formidable team. Excellent at learning new things at a fast rate with minimal or no training.

MAY 2008 – CURRENT: Consultant/Owner; Armour Consulting, Pensacola, FL

Duties: Facilitating creative solutions for clients that enables them to better accomplish their business plan. Leadership training, organizational planning and personal growth. Author of several training programs and completed over 1000 professional presentations covering a span of 14 years. I have worked with and spoken for several educational facilities over the years. Two of the most recent are Virginia College – Pensacola, Florida and Skagit Valley Community College – Oak Harbor, Washington.

AUG 2007 – APR 2008: Quality Control Inspector II; Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Bothell, WA

Duties: Knowledgeable in AS9100 aviation quality control regulations, ISO9100 manufacturing quality control regulations, and ISO140000 environmental standards. 5S savvy and effectively utilizes 5S principles to carry out daily tasking. Familiar with 6-sigma, and 6-sigma lean principles to eliminate unneeded tasks and streamline production and inspection times. Effectively trains new employees in systems needed to perform tasking. Adds value to the overall team by doing more than tasked and consistently having a low error rate. Verifies parts, drawings and products built by first, second and third party vendors are built to correct engineering drawings and are made available to our clients in a timely fashion.

MAR 2007 – AUG 2007: Sabbatical

NOV 2006 – FEB 2007: Financial Advisor; Edward Jones Investments, San Diego, CA

Duties: Investment representative trainee. Upon failing the Series 7 on my first attempt, I was no longer a candidate for a full time broker position until I passed the Series 7 exam at a later date.

NOV 2001 - NOV 2006: Avionics Electronics Technician (AT); US Navy, NAS Whidbey Island, WA
(Top Secret TS/SCI Clearance)

Duties: Inspecting, testing, maintaining, and repair of components, assemblies, subassemblies, modules, cards, printed circuit boards, and ancillary equipment whose aggregate constitutes a complete aircraft communication, navigation and reconnaissance system or subsystem.
• Applies theory of operation of vacuum tubes, transistors, diodes, solid state devices, integrated circuit components, transformers, motors, generators, synchros, servos, electromechanical drive mechanisms, transmission lines, and antennas.
• Applies the theory of impedance, resistance, capacitance, and inductance to aircraft communications and navigation systems.
• Uses electronic schematics, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, color codes, and other technical publications.
• Uses technical and supply publications to obtain accurate data for supply purposes.
• Isolates and diagnoses aircraft navigation, transponder, distance measuring, and communications systems/subsystems failures.
• Performs the necessary corrective action prescribed in applicable maintenance instructions for corroded and deteriorated electronic components.
Aircraft Flightline Supervisor; US Navy, NAS Whidbey Island, WA
• Quality Assurance Representative/Division Leading Petty Officer tasked with verifying all maintenance performed to NAVAIR Regulations and overseeing 30 direct reports on a daily basis while managing maintenance tasking for 4 Mission Capable Aircraft and 3 ‘Bounce Birds’ used for training flights.
• Performing and supervising the safe launch and recovery of multiple aircraft on a daily basis in both a training and combat environment. Effectively managed the operations and movement of over $200 million in military aircraft daily.
• Moving aircraft around flightline and in and out of the hanger bay. Over 1000 plane moves with no incidents or accidents and a 100% safety record.
• Facilitated and trained entire squadron (600 souls) four (4) times per year on OSHA Regulations, Hazmat safety, general safety, aircraft safety, and flightline safety, making a safer more productive environment.
• Facilitated daily F.O.D. (Foreign Object Debris/Damage) Program to ensure flightline and aircraft safety.
• Personally trained and managed the program that facilitated the training of over 30 Lineman over a two (2) year period in flightline operations and safety.
• Operated flightline tractors, lifts, power sources, and de-icing machines
• Performed the training of 80 sailors in Avionics Principles and Navy Leadership Principles monthly
• Conducted written evaluations of subordinate sailors bi-annually.
Naval Aircrew Candidate; US Navy, NAS Pensacola, FL
• Completed 10-week intensive water survival and physiological training.
• Completed 4-month Navy A-School and served as class leader responsible for the well-being 29 other classmates from the United States Navy, United States Marine Corp and the United States Air Force. I received a commendation for my actions.

MAR 2001 – OCT 2001: Lease/Sales/Finance Consultant; Lou Sohb GMC/Pontiac/Buick, Atlanta, GA

Duties: Responsible to compute leasing and sales charges, based on such factors as length of contract, anticipated mileage, and applicable taxes. Situated amenable financing for clients. Managed multiple deals daily and worked clients through the sales process.

MAY 1999 - FEB 2001: General Operations Manager; AAA Building Services, Inc., Gulfport, MS

Duties: Directed and coordinated, through 3 subordinate supervisors, the activities of 20 production personnel, applied knowledge of production methods, processes, machines and equipment, and production capacities of work crews. Reviewed production quality, production rates and sales quotas, evaluated profit/loss statements, created sales and marketing strategies and had general oversight of the entire business operation. Directly increased productivity and sales by over 400% within a 12-month span. Directly managed an annual budget of $250,000+ / year and increased this budget to almost $1 Million.

EDUCATION/SPECIAL LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS

SEPTEMBER 2007-08

AS9100
ISO9100:2000
ISO14000
Boeing 5Y
Panasonic Avionics Corporation Quality Control Standards
Six Sigma Proficiency
5S Manufacturing Quality Control

NOVEMBER 2006-07

Edward Jones Investments Series 7 Training
California Certification for Life, Health and Annuities

MARCH 2003-06

OHSA Regulations
AS9100
NAVAIR Maintenance Regulations
NAVAIR Hazmat Regulations
Advanced Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (ADVSERE), Spokane, WA
Electronic Warfare Operator School, Whidbey Island, WA

SEPTEMBER 2002

Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE), Brunswick, ME

AUGUST 2002

Aviation Electronics Technician ‘A’ School, Pensacola, FL

MARCH 2002

Naval Aircrew Candidates School, Pensacola, FL

1995 – CURRENT

Dr. John Maxwell Training Seminars, Dr. Napoleon Hill Training Seminars, Dale Carnegie Training, numerous sales training and time management seminars.

Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications, Oracle, QuickBooks, Quicken, Business Pro
Author of numerous articles and a book due out August 2009, ‘G.U.T.S. – Gearing Up To Succeed’.
Built and maintains a personal website and Blog – XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

All the personal info matches...but I'm not seeing any education or experience as a Pastor.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I am a fairly uneducated former atheist and I would be willing to bet that you know very little if anything about the Christian faith.

C

cattyfan

By the way, his "objective statement" needs work. It's incomplete.

C

cattyfan

Here's another version of his bio:

Christopher Gergen
Industry: Religion

About Me
Christopher Paul Gergen is the visionary of Renewed Living International. He is a veteran of the United States Navy, serving a five year tour during Operation Iraqi Freedom. He has served as assistant pastor in two congregations and organized the leadership teams for both ministries.

Not seeing how that meshes with the above resume.

And the MySpace page? Tells another version. :chuckle:

assuranceagent

Wait...I'm a financial guy so I happened to catch the Ed Jones part.

You failed the 7 but still claim it as education and experience on your resume? :squint:

I can't imagine how you must think that'd be of help to you... :idunno:

C

cattyfan

No...he's logged on, but he hasn't come back to his own intro thread yet.

chair

Good luck with this.

It will be a pleasure having someone fairly well educated here. I hope that you really are. There are far too many ignorant people here who think they know everything.

Oh- watch out for the disagreeable here too. Plenty of that. Perhaps it correlates with ignorance.

C

cattyfan

Good luck with this.

It will be a pleasure having someone fairly well educated here. I hope that you really are. There are far too many ignorant people here who think they know everything.

Oh- watch out for the disagreeable here too. Plenty of that. Perhaps it correlates with ignorance.

(Pppssssssttt...chair...ya might wanna read the rest of the thread...where it becomes clear this guy has NO education when it comes to theological matters. He's hot air and lies.)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I happen to know a fairly educated guy from the Gulf Shores of Alabama that frequents these threads who will certainly enjoy chatting you up. Goes by the name of Town Heretic. Don't let that ID fool you, though. I'm just sayin'. :e4e:

AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.