An honest Christian talks about atheism

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
images of 'God'..................

images of 'God'..................

http://www.stpetersfireside.org/2013/09/atheism-helps-my-faith/

Very interesting, and honest discussion that this pastor has as he discusses how he deals having debates with a friend who is an atheist.

It would be great if all apologists here would take a similar track as this Christian does.

I read the article, and would say that it may be different for different people, whether discussion with an atheist would strengthen or trouble a theist's faith in God, since there are a good number of theists that do thru questioning and research, later become atheists. In fact, I'm reviewing some agnostic and atheist perspectives in my own religious studies, and open to consider all views, since that is a position of intellectual honesty and scientific investigation, concerning any subject. This would include aspects of religion and religious philosophy, even if these and spiritual matters are more or less subjectively interpreted or applied.

I noted in my last post that it could be possible that humans create 'God' or 'gods' in their own image and likeness, and its always good to question one's faith, beliefs and opinions, since they could be delusional, wrong, or more or less arbitrary to our own preferences and individual desires, and not necessarily or essentially true universally speaking. All speculative? perhaps....but a healthy skepticism to question or research all things is a rational and wise approach in learning.

The bigger interest here is whether any theist would be willing to keep researching IF that research later did turn up in them abandoning their faith in a 'God', since they learned that atheism was a better more rational conclusion. This COULD be a possibiliity, per individual discovery. After all, again...many religionists later become 'atheists' and give praise reports on how much better their lives are "free from religion" and its trappings.

After all, the atheist will assert...you cannot prove 'God' even exists, outside of your own desire, preference or imagination that he must. It may be entirely unnecessary to claim or believe a 'God' exists. (after all, Existence itself is the essential reality, it just IS, no explanation required) - a good many atheists are content with such a conclusion.