ECT An honest Calvinist hymn

andyc

You don't even understand enough about Calvinism to understand the point I was making, which was not that. You don't know what I meant so you don't know nearly enough to object to anything I said. You are simply a contentious fool who uses any topic as an excuse to oppose a MAD even when you have zero personal stake in the discussion (such as this one).

Calvinism requires serious study and thought, and so I would not claim to be an expert on it at all. But I know Calvinists and fellowship with them, and discussed theology with them. Looking at the responses from Calvinists here, they're not happy with your interpretation of what Calvin taught. Lon even said the same as me about their having personal assurance, and he is a Calvinist.

You weren't being contentious with your rhyme were you? Oh of course not.

This IS juvenile, Musterion. It matches your avatar.

:nono: No Calvinist would ever say most of this. It is against Perseverance of the Saints and having full-assurance that is a Calvinist hallmark. Therefore, it can't be Calvinistic.

Persons constructing straw men of the Calvinist's views by claiming we operate from the same presuppositions they do and therefore believe about our beliefs what they believe about our beliefs leaves no hope for honest discussion.

How about Real Calvinist hymns?

Amazing Grace.

Lets see you make fun of that one...

So "tongues" really prove nothing regarding one's salvation? That's an amazing and very honest admission for you to make. This is the first time you've actually impressed me. :thumb:

Nothing amazing about it. You just don't understand pentecostal doctrine.

Cross Reference

Calvinism requires serious study and thought, and so I would not claim to be an expert on it at all. But I know Calvinists and fellowship with them, and discussed theology with them. Looking at the responses from Calvinists here, they're not happy with your interpretation of what Calvin taught. Lon even said the same as me about their having personal assurance, and he is a Calvinist.

You weren't being contentious with your rhyme were you? Oh of course not.

Nothing amazing about it. You just don't understand pentecostal doctrine.
Indeed, he doesn't. __ and he is without excuse.

Christian Liberty

I'll sum up what you meant in one word:

Calumnies!

Yeah, deny all the Bible actually matters, insist that Christians pick from certain passages of the Bible to satisfy your intellectual queries rather than believing that ALL scripture is for teaching (2 Timothy 3:16) and then mock an actual Bible teacher for actually explaining his doctrine.

You're dumber than rocks, and more evil.