American Journal of Medicine

Gary K

Banned
I've been called all kinds of crazy on this site for pushing HCQ. Well, the American Journal of Medicine now backs me up. I'm telling you people you've been manipulated by government bureaucrats and lied to again and again. Fauci is a big time liar along with Birx.

chair

Here is the ORIGINAL articl:

It's worth reading.

What some here fail to understand is that our scientific knowledge improves over time. It's not a "lie" that Zinc and HCQ weren't considered useful months ago. It was unproven, and early attempts to prove it useful failed. Even now it isn't really proven to be useful- it appears to be useful based on clinical history.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here is the ORIGINAL articl:

It's worth reading.

What some here fail to understand is that our scientific knowledge improves over time. It's not a "lie" that Zinc and HCQ weren't considered useful months ago. It was unproven, and early attempts to prove it useful failed. Even now it isn't really proven to be useful- it appears to be useful based on clinical history.

Hey, Chair, @Bob Enyart and guest Temple Grandin were talking about how Hydroxychloroquine, a less toxic derivative of chloroquine, is effective in inhibiting SARS-CoV-2 infection in vitro all the way back in March 2020. Even the New York Times ran an article on it at the time, following the publishing of this paper.

You can find out more at:

chair

Hey, Chair, @Bob Enyart and guest Temple Grandin were talking about how Hydroxychloroquine, a less toxic derivative of chloroquine, is effective in inhibiting SARS-CoV-2 infection in vitro all the way back in March 2020. Even the New York Times ran an article on it at the time, following the publishing of this paper.

You can find out more at:
I know that. Pres. Trump was pushing it at the time as well. The popular press and some politicians latched onto an unproven idea, and some billed it as a miracle drug- "if only the doctors would use it, COVID would be benign!" A study done later didn't show that it worked. The current article indicates, based on clinical experience (not a controlled study), that it can help.

Nobody lied. It wasn't and isn't a miracle drug. COVID is real. Go get vaccinated.

eider

I've been called all kinds of crazy on this site for pushing HCQ. Well, the American Journal of Medicine now backs me up. I'm telling you people you've been manipulated by government bureaucrats and lied to again and again. Fauci is a big time liar along with Birx.

Principia Scientific...... a quack association which debunks Masks, Covid vaccines, climate change and more.
It even proposes that the World's glaciers are increasing......

And ffreeloader trawls it for this kind of junk, obviously.

Am I surprised? Nah! 🤣

eider

Oh dear........

Fact Check: Did the American Journal of Medicine ...www.newsweek.com › ... › Fact Check › Coronavirus
Claim: American Journal of Medicine recommends hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19
Claimed by: Donna Grimes Windel
Fact check by Newsweek: False

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I know that.

Then would you be willing to amend this statement, as it is inaccurate at best, dishonest at worst?

It's not a "lie" that Zinc and HCQ weren't considered useful months ago. It was unproven, and early attempts to prove it useful failed. Even now it isn't really proven to be useful- it appears to be useful based on clinical history.

and some billed it as a miracle drug- "if only the doctors would use it, COVID would be benign!"

I'm not sure about it being a miracle drug (and I generally oppose using the term "miracle" to describe anything that is not, in fact, a miracle, but it has been shown to be effective at treating the disease and/or its symptoms.

Nobody lied.

Plenty of people have lied about it, unfortunately.

It wasn't and isn't a miracle drug.

Agreed.

But it is effective.

COVID is real.

Who said it wasn't?

Go get vaccinated.

Nah. Don't need to.

Derf

Oh dear........

Fact Check: Did the American Journal of Medicine ...www.newsweek.com › ... › Fact Check › Coronavirus
Claim: American Journal of Medicine recommends hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19
Claimed by: Donna Grimes Windel
Fact check by Newsweek: False
It wasn't just whether they did or didn't recommend its use. They prohibited its use in many states (including mine) for Covid19 treatment, firing those doctors who thought it ok to prescribe. They gen'd up excess hysteria over its dangers when it has been used safely for 70 years. They removed it from shelves in France where it used to be over-the-counter.

And now they want people to dismissively believe they've done due diligence in testing a vaccine using new technology with less than normal testing, being rushed to market that tinkers with the human DNA/RNA. There are many facets to the problem of "science's" integrity right now that a fact check by a biased party is not going to resolve.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It wasn't just whether they did or didn't recommend its use. They prohibited its use in many states (including mine) for Covid19 treatment, firing those doctors who thought it ok to prescribe. They gen'd up excess hysteria over its dangers when it has been used safely for 70 years. They removed it from shelves in France where it used to be over-the-counter.

And now they want people to dismissively believe they've done due diligence in testing a vaccine using new technology with less than normal testing, being rushed to market that tinkers with the human DNA/RNA. There are many facets to the problem of "science's" integrity right now that a fact check by a biased party is not going to resolve.
eider's got it covered. He counts on the telly to give him the skinny.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ah, you live in New Zealand!

Still waiting on this:

Then would you be willing to amend this statement, as it is inaccurate at best, dishonest at worst?

It was unproven, and early attempts to prove it useful failed. Even now it isn't really proven to be useful- it appears to be useful based on clinical history.

Gary K

Banned
I see the big pharma shills are at it again. The usual tactics are in play. Attack everyone who tells the truth and quote every lying source as truthful.

Here is the actual report from American Journal of Medicine.

chair

Please, please please stop being retarded.
Please please stop calling people retarded when they point out plain facts.

The article quoted in the OP: "The American Journal Of Medicine Now Recommends HCQ For COVID19"
The original journal article: "Pathophysiological Basis and Rationale for Early Outpatient Treatment of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Infection"

The facts:
"Dr. Joseph S. Alpert, editor-in-chief of the AJM, said the journal does not endorse HCQ treatment for COVID-19."

"This article does not mean the journal recommended this therapy," he said. "The authors recommended it just as others recommend other interventions. We just publish their findings and recommendations."

Alpert said the journal often presents multiple sides of a scientific argument.

"We have also published articles from other authorities that said don't use it [HCQ treatment]," he said. "This is still controversial with two sides saying different things. Often we have editorials that dispute the article's recommendations. We are a scientific journal and do not push or recommend any specific thing. The authors do that."

The article was put together last spring and was published online in August, all when Trump was still in office. When the article was submitted to the journal, Alpert said the data was controversial but not unreasonable at the time.

The article presents data from the time showing that in a test tube lab, the drugs interfered with the normal reproduction of the coronavirus. Therefore, the authors advocate for more testing into the effect of HCQ and other agents on COVID-19.

Alpert said the authors of the article were coming from a place of desperation, as the coronavirus continued to take more lives.

"You see this a lot in clinical medicine," he said. "When you're desperate, you say, 'Here are things that look like they worked in the laboratory and it may be worth trying.' But sometimes just because it has effects in a test tube, doesn't mean it always works in human trials."