America Needs More Men Like This In D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Trey Gowdy [R]South Carolina gets a standing ovation for his recent speech before the house. The speech was not intended to be partisan though I guess the lawless liberal would say that it was. Gowdy address' all the Reps as colleagues as to the purpose of their existence and the usurpation of any president upon the laws he is sworn to uphold. I think he is very concise and any fair minded law abiding American would agree that no elected official, republican or Democrat should be able to work outside of the law. If you have a few minutes give him a watch, his voice is a refreshing one from Washington D.C.

We Make Law!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brilliant speech. I'm not a fan of the Republicans, but the speech was spot on.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The Republican leaders hate him and that speech. You should drop the labels without meaning and go with a label that describes it.

If you agree with him, you are right wing.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You have no idea what you are talking about. The Republican leaders hate him and that speech. You should drop the labels without meaning and go with a label that describes it.

If you agree with him, you are right wing.

Exactly! Gowdy runs under the label but, he put the speaker (a republican) on notice with this speech, he called Boehner out directly, Gowdy is no establishment republican, he is a statesman which is very rare these days. I would love to see this man make a presidential run...he has the right stuff for sure.

OCTOBER23

yeah yeah yeah, Salute the Flag , lets all get together

AND SPEND ALL THE PEOPLES TAX MONEY AND PRINT LOTS MORE.

ITS THE DOER AND NOT THE SPEAKER.

LETS HERE IT FOR A MOSLEM PRESIDENT THAT THE SAUDI'S BOUGHT AND PAID FOR.

rexlunae

So...shall we put Rep. Gowdy down as a vote in favor of prosecuting the CIA and Bush administration officials for torture?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
So...shall we put Rep. Gowdy down as a vote in favor of prosecuting the CIA and Bush administration officials for torture?

If it were torture yes, but, given that legal authorization was handed down and those in all three branches of government were briefed prior to their authorization it is a bit late for that now. You may not agree but, these methods were bought into even by the same pathetic liberal ideologues that now claim to be clueless about it... ie. Feinstien. It is too late to backtrack and now impugn those that did legal work for the government.

The CIA’s Rendition, Detention, and Interrogation program was fully authorized by senior leaders at the White House, National Security Council and Department of Justice and was briefed to the senior leadership of the Senate and House intelligence committees.

http://CIASavedLives.com./authorized.html

shagster01

If it were torture yes, but, given that legal authorization was handed down and those in all three branches of government were briefed prior to their authorization it is a bit late for that now. You may not agree but, these methods were bought into even by the same pathetic liberal ideologues that now claim to be clueless about it... ie. Feinstien. It is too late to backtrack and now impugn those that did legal work for the government.

The CIA’s Rendition, Detention, and Interrogation program was fully authorized by senior leaders at the White House, National Security Council and Department of Justice and was briefed to the senior leadership of the Senate and House intelligence committees.

http://CIASavedLives.com./authorized.html

So if I water boarded and deprived you of sleep, you wouldn't call it torture?

What would you call it?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

No, if republicans do it, it can't be illegal. Do I have to explain everything to you?

shagster01

Being it was bought into by both republicans & democrats at the time, yes it was legal, no need to explain that now is there. :juggle:

Abortion is legal too. So I guess you see no fault in that either.

Would you like to have your cake, or eat it?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
So if I water boarded and deprived you of sleep, you wouldn't call it torture?

What would you call it?

If I were a terrorist that had just cost the lives of 3000 innocent people I would not expect that the treatment would be any less, in fact I would be praying for a bullet, should we have put them up in the Waldorf Astoria? Room service?

And no, I would not call anything that was done torture. I wonder though how you think cowards that attack innocents to further their cause, rather than wear a uniform & fight like men should be treated? Please do tell...

shagster01

If I were a terrorist that had just cost the lives of 3000 innocent people I would not expect that the treatment would be any less, in fact I would be praying for a bullet, should we have put them up in the Waldorf Astoria? Room service?

And no, I would not call anything that was done torture. I wonder though how you think cowards that attack innocents to further their cause, rather than wear a uniform & fight like men should be treated? Please do tell...

What, then, is your definition of torture?

shagster01

I wonder though how you think cowards that attack innocents to further their cause, rather than wear a uniform & fight like men should be treated? Please do tell...

You'd have to ask the country had many many thousands of innocent civilians die from two nukes dropped on them, I suppose....

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Abortion is legal too. So I guess you see no fault in that either.

Would you like to have your cake, or eat it?

What a moronic statement, murdering children in the womb or any innocent is not legal nor should it be. Terrorists are not innocent and do not deserve to enjoy any legal right to their safety or well being.

shagster01

What a moronic statement, murdering children in the womb is not legal

Yes it is.

Terrorists are not innocent and do not deserve to enjoy any legal right to their safety or well being.

Innocence does not change what torture is.

I'm not arguing what they deserve. I'm arguing your statement that torture isn't torture just because the law says it isn't. If that is the case, then abortion isn't murder either.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You'd have to ask the country had many many thousands of innocent civilians die from two nukes dropped on them, I suppose....

That is entire different subject shaggy, one with many facets. You can start a thread on it and I will discuss it with you but, they really are very different from what we are discussing here. I was discussing Trey Gowdy before Rex decided to derail it with this subject. Did you watch the video?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Yes it is.

Innocence does not change what torture is.

I'm not arguing what they deserve. I'm arguing your statement that torture isn't torture just because the law says it isn't. If that is the case, then abortion isn't murder either.

I really don't want to take this discussion any further to derail my own thread. We disagree on the definition of torture that is safe to say...moving on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.