Allah is the Arabic name for God.

Samuelintonboot

The Arabic bible which predates the English bible by a long time uses the Arabic name for God which is Allah.
I write this because some people (even some Christians) think that Muslims worship a different God from them (hard to comprehend I know).

Fensanity

You won't find Allah in the hebrew. Allah has become a name for God. It's origins are sketchy though. example: Al-ilah, the moon god.

They may recognize one being as the Almighty creator, but if they fail to recognize Jesus as the way the truth and the life it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Samuelintonboot said:
The Arabic bible which predates the English bible by a long time uses the Arabic name for God which is Allah.
Nice one and I'm sure that's true as well as being irrelevant. Orgainized Scripture precedes the "Arabic bible" by some 800 years. So, what is your point.
I write this because some people (even some Christians) think that Muslims worship a different God from them (hard to comprehend I know).
Muslims do worship a different god.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
you said
Arabic name for God which is Allah.

I said
Is Jesus the only begotten Son of Allah. Because if He isnt Allah is not God.

fool

Hall of Fame
So, a Christian who speaks Arabic would refer to Yaweh as Allah, yes? no?

b-baggins

fool said:
So, a Christian who speaks Arabic would refer to Yaweh as Allah, yes? no?

Yes. Just like a Japanese Christian would use the word Kami, even thoug Kami is also the word used by taoists when they reference the dieties they believe live in trees and rocks.

The islamic concept of God is actually fairly close to the Jewish and traditional Christian views: A noncorporeal being both infinite and incomprehensible.

The Islamic faith is not Christian, but neither is Judaism. Islam has much more in common with Judaism than it does with Christianity.

There are enough similarities between the three faiths, however, that most scholars put them in the same family; the Abrahamic faiths.

Samuelintonboot

Fensanity said:
You won't find Allah in the hebrew. Allah has become a name for God. It's origins are sketchy though. example: Al-ilah, the moon god.

They may recognize one being as the Almighty creator, but if they fail to recognize Jesus as the way the truth and the life it doesn't matter.

Muslims do accept Jesus as A very important prophet. They believe He will be seated on the right hand side of the Father on the last day.

Samuelintonboot

Frank Ernest said:
Nice one and I'm sure that's true as well as being irrelevant. Orgainized Scripture precedes the "Arabic bible" by some 800 years. So, what is your point.

Muslims do worship a different god.

From you perhaps. What god do you suppose to worship?

journeyman

Samuelintonboot said:
The Arabic bible says the same thing about Jesus as other bibles in other languages only its written in Arabic. Remember Jesus Christ was an Arab. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Whew! Jesus "an Arab!?" Jesus was a Jew! "Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham." Matthew 1:1

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Samuelintonboot said:
Muslims do accept Jesus as A very important prophet.
But they vehemently deny Christ's deity.

Christians recognize Jesus as God.
Muslims deny that Jesus is God.
Therefore, Muslims do not worship the same God that Christians worship.

fool

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
But they vehemently deny Christ's deity.

Christians recognize Jesus as God.
Muslims deny that Jesus is God.
Therefore, Muslims do not worship the same God that Christians worship.
Jews deny Jesus.
Does that mean that Jews worship a different God than Christians ?
That wouldn't make any sense though, the Jews were around long before the Christians.
So it must be the Christians that worship a different God than the Jews.
Which I find quite strange since the Jewish God said not to worship anyone but him.
And the Christians claim that's the God their talkin about.

Fensanity

Islam is not Biblical Christianity, if you would like to use the Quran to prove me wrong, go ahead. Furthermore those who believe in Islam don't profess Jesus to be their Lord and Savior. They deny Him as Lord and Savior thus deny Him completely. They have "another Jesus", one who is not their Lord and their Savior.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
Jews deny Jesus.
Does that mean that Jews worship a different God than Christians ?
Any Jew who denies the deity of Christ does not worship the same God as Christians, and in fact does not worship the True and Living God at all.

That wouldn't make any sense though, the Jews were around long before the Christians.
And God was around long before the Jews. So what? According to their own Scriptures, most Jews rejected God even before He came in the flesh.

Even during Christ's earthly ministry He made this observation:

[jesus]For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.[/jesus] John 5:46​

Of course not all Jews rejected Christ.

So it must be the Christians that worship a different God than the Jews.
Didn't you just claim that wouldn't make any sense? :dizzy:

Which I find quite strange since the Jewish God said not to worship anyone but him.
Yep, but as a whole the nation of Israel has a history (recorded in their Scriptures even) of disobeying that commandment since the day they received it.
And the Christians claim that's the God their talkin about.
Yep.

Inquisitor

Samuelintonboot said:

Yes, Arabic Christians do use the word "Allah," and that's legitimate. But the Mohammedan god is not God, b/c they deny God's triune nature.

koban

fool said:
Jews are Arabs, aren't they?
Was Abraham not from Bagdad?

Abrahan was the father of both nations. Jacob was the father of the Jews, Esau was the father of the Arabs.