ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have been telling you the truth this whole time and you are going to say how Jesus had not yet died.
I didn't mention Jesus dying, so why do you bring it up now????????????????

The fact still remains that Judas did repent BEFORE he went to the priests with the money, and BEFORE he hung himself.

So again, what was it that made it too late for Judas to repent WHEN he repented?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have proven with scripture that people had to repent before Jesus came to earth, while Jesus was on earth, and after he ascended.
No one has questioned that.
So why are you trying to act like you have answered the question with that info???????????

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have debated you on this before.
So?
It doesn't answer the question of what made Judas' repentance too late WHEN he repented.
Why are you trying to change the goalposts again?

Why is it that you cannot find the answer as to why Judas' repentance was too late WHEN he repented?

God's Truth

So?
It doesn't answer the question of what made Judas' repentance too late WHEN he repented.
Why are you trying to change the goalposts again?

Why is it that you cannot find the answer as to why Judas' repentance was too late WHEN he repented?

He didn't repent when he was a follower of Christ.

When he did repent he didn't believe that he could be forgiven, and he didn't repent to Christ.

Forget about the too late part. I debated you before on this and was just saying it was too late because I was anticipating what you were dragging out to say.

We have to repent of our sins and believe we are forgiven.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He didn't repent when he was a follower of Christ.
Irrelevant.
He repented, no doubt about that. We must deal with his repentance at the time he repented, not afterwards.
WHEN he repented, what made his repentance at the time he repented TOO LATE?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora has been doing this lately, she is dragging out her discussion and making it painful.
Why is it painful to you to discuss scripture.
Scripture says Judas repented.
You say when he repented it was too late.
You have yet to give an adequate reason why his repentance was TOO LATE when he repented.

Danoh

Tam,

Judas did not repent.

Matthew 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Although...

1- That word there is the word metamelomai.

Which means to regret.

2- In contrast to the word metanoeó.

Which means to change one's mind.

metamelomai - to regret...

Matthew 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented (metamelomai) himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

metanoeó - to change one's mind...

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent (metanoeó) ye, and believe the gospel.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tam,

Judas did not repent.
Scripture says he did.

Matthew 27:3 KJV
(3) Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Meshak says, "That's a LIE!!!"

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 27:3 (NKJV)
3 Then Judas, His betrayer, seeing that He had been condemned, was remorseful and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Danoh,

Remorseful is not repent.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Although...

1- That word there is the word metamelomai.

Which means to regret.

2- In contrast to the word metanoeó.

Which means to change one's mind.

metamelomai - to regret...

Matthew 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented (metamelomai) himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

metanoeó - to change one's mind...

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent (metanoeó) ye, and believe the gospel.
I like to watch them blabber on about things the verse does not say.
You're about to spoil my entertainment.
:chuckle:

Danoh

Danoh,

Remorseful is not repent.

Agreed - No it is not.

But I never said otherwise.

I merely posted the passages, together with their different Greek word, just to bring out their differences with a shorter post.

Still, both senses of, or meanings for the word "repent" are found throughout Scripture.

Another simple example of this...

1- To regret....

Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

2- To change one's mind...

Exodus 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

It depends on what is being talked about when that word is THEN brought up.

In the former, Genesis is talking about how evil man became.

It is talking about that when it THEN uses the word repent - to say that God regretted making man. His heart was heavy.

Just like the word heavy - that I have just used - what a word means depends on what was being talked about when it was THEN brought up in line with what was being talked about.

In the Exodus example, what was being talked about was how livid God was with Israel.

So livid that He was about to wipe them out, and start all over through Moses.

Moses THEN reminded Him of His Covenant unto Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

At which point God THEN repented, or changed His mind, about wiping them out.

What a word means, depends on what is being talked about when that word is THEN brought up - in line with what was being talked about.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Agreed - No it is not.

But I never said otherwise.

That was the Bible verse you quoted.

3 Then Judas, His betrayer, seeing that He had been condemned, was remorseful and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Danoh

That was the Bible verse you quoted.

I was agreeing with you.

:chuckle: :doh: