ECT Acronyms for those debating MAD

Right Divider

Body part
Because the Lord was coming soon.

(Rev 22:7) "Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll."
Zeph 1:14-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:14) The great day of the LORD [is] near, [it is] near, and hasteth greatly, [even] the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. (1:15) That day [is] a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, (1:16) A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. (1:17) And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. (1:18) Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

When was the "great day of the LORD"?

Danoh

Zeph 1:14-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:14) The great day of the LORD [is] near, [it is] near, and hasteth greatly, [even] the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. (1:15) That day [is] a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, (1:16) A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. (1:17) And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. (1:18) Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

When was the "great day of the LORD"?

It matters not, RD; you're asking that of an individual who looks at things from a completely different way of looking at things...

Where the literal is litetal only where it upholds his conclusions...

Conclusions based on so much that IS literal...having long since been turned into analogy, metaphor, a figure of speech by the Preterist.

Its as if the Preterist, having come up with that error before his later having supposedly solved for 70AD, forgot to go back and take as literal what his not having later supposedly solved for 70 AD, had forced him to distort into figures of speech, that it make sense to him.

Preterism is a walking, talking, self-contradiction.

Now, many of them are even attempting to solve for the Scripture's teaching of a literal Rapture but that their having turned so much into figures of speech, had continually denied.

Other than Tet (who has continually proven himself up to no good) I doubt all Preterists are up to no good.

Though the result ends up...the same.

Ends up Genesis 3's long infamous "Yea, hath God said..."

Right Divider

Body part
Wrong.

Are you one of the stones of the building, or are you the Cornerstone?

(Eph 2:20 KJV) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
It must be really tough for you when Paul uses many different analogies.

Rom 15:15-25 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:15) Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, (15:16) That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. (15:17) I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. (15:18) For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, (15:19) Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. (15:20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: (15:21) But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand. (15:22) For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you. (15:23) But now having no more place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come unto you; (15:24) Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your [company]. (15:25) But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.

If they (Paul and the twelve) were building the SAME church, why would Paul strive to avoid building upon another man's foundation? Shouldn't he build upon the foundation that the 12 had already laid?
1Cor 3:10-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. (3:11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

How can Paul claim to have LAID the foundation if there was already a foundation on Christ with the 12 apostles?

Clearly, anyone can see that there are TWO foundations and they are BOTH CHRIST.

Danoh

Yes, Noah found grace BECAUSE he was perfect in his generations.

Yep.

While Paul - who was worse than even a serial killer of sodomites; as he was killing saints of the Most High God for their merely having gone "about the Father's business" - nevertheless found grace.

THIS Age's distinct, UNMERITED Grace to ALL - NOT of works, lest ANY man should boast...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It must be really tough for you when Paul uses many different analogies.

Wrong again Wrong Divider.

It's is you MADists/Darby Followers who have a problem with Paul's analogies. You guys base everything on the "Body" analogy/metaphor.

Clearly, anyone can see that there are TWO foundations and they are BOTH CHRIST.

Ask an architect how many foundations a building can have. No building has two foundations, nor does a building have two cornerstones.

Quit being a follower of John Nelson Darby, and start believing what the Bible says.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
THIS Age's distinct, UNMERITED Grace to ALL - NOT of works, lest ANY man should boast...

It's the New Covenant.

Back in Jeremiah, God said that one day when the NC was in place, He would remember sins no more.

Stop reading books, and start believing what the Bible says.

Right Divider

Body part
So clever... did you learn that in clown college?

It's is you MADists/Darby Followers who have a problem with Paul's analogies. You guys base everything on the "Body" analogy/metaphor.
No, I'm fine with ALL of Paul's analogies.

Clever x10 Bozo.

Ask an architect how many foundations a building can have. No building has two foundations, nor does a building have two cornerstones.
And YET Paul says that HE laid the foundation..... interesting....

I guess that you have not yet figured out that analogies do not have to PERFECTLY match the model used in the analogy.

I used to think that you were a reasonably bright guy, but every time you post, you prove otherwise.

Quit being a follower of John Nelson Darby, and start believing what the Bible says.
Once again, the Bible says that Paul laid the foundation.... do you believe that?

1Cor 3:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again, the Bible says that Paul laid the foundation.... do you believe that?

1Cor 3:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Read the next verse Wrong Divider.

(1 Cor 3:11) For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Nothing about two foundations in 1 Cor 3:11.

1 Cor 3:11 makes is crystal clear that there is only one foundation.

However, because you are more interested in trying to make the Bible fit the false teachings of John Nelson Darby, you claim there are two foundations.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you actually believed Jeremiah, you'd believe that the new covenant will be with Israel. But you don't believe it.

The NC was made with the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

If you understood the difference between the two, you wouldn't be so confused, and deny the NC.

Right Divider

Body part
Read the next verse Wrong Divider.

(1 Cor 3:11) For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Nothing about two foundations in 1 Cor 3:11.

1 Cor 3:11 makes is crystal clear that there is only one foundation.

However, because you are more interested in trying to make the Bible fit the false teachings of John Nelson Darby, you claim there are two foundations.
INDEED, like I said the Bible speaks of TWO foundations being laid and it ALSO says that BOTH are laid ON CHRIST.

Paul made it clear that he avoided building ON ANOTHER MANS FOUNDATION. I showed you, but you don't like it. I understand that it conflicts with your story and therefore you must find a work-around.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
INDEED, like I said the Bible speaks of TWO foundations being laid and it ALSO says that BOTH are laid ON CHRIST.

There is only one foundation. Paul makes it clear in 1 Cor 3:11 that there is only one foundation.

There is also only one Body.

However, because you are a follower of John Nelson Darby, you have to claim there are two foundations, and that certain people are not in the one Body.

The false teachings of Darby are a mess.

DAN P

There is only one foundation. Paul makes it clear in 1 Cor 3:11 that there is only one foundation.

There is also only one Body.

However, because you are a follower of John Nelson Darby, you have to claim there are two foundations, and that certain people are not in the one Body.

The false teachings of Darby are a mess.

Hi and RIGHT DIVER is RIGHT as there are 2 Foundations !!

One in 1Cor 3:10 !!

The other is found in 1 Peter 2:1-8 and it is all Jewish and did you change your ETHNICITY or did you go from Gentile to Jewish ??

dan p