ACLU lawyer Travel ban constitutional if it were passed by Hillary instead of Trump

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When are the Trump supporters going to finally realize what they've done? They wanted to see "what would happen" if Washington was turned on its head. Now we're mired in a MAGA swamp of their own making, filled with the muck of collusion, corruption, emoluments, and tin pot despotism, while the world watches the linchpin of global stability work itself loose from its moorings. This is your disaster, you get to own it, even though you'll keep running back again and again to Hillary and Obama for reassurance that you did the right thing.

Indeed. All of the evidence was available ... hopefully the shadow of degradation he has caused over the US can be repaired after he is impeached.

rexlunae

because the judge was seeking the truth

I'm sure you thought that when the EOs were halted by judges...

because the lawyer, by his very nature, fears the truth like a vampire fears sunlight

No, because it is a fundamentally difficult question. It's hard and a little bit dangerous to prove intent based on campaign rhetoric, but that doesn't mean that Trump should be allowed to blatantly get away with infringing on people's rights.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
yep and liberals and dems all over the US are still losing elections.
Given that House Republicans already lack the "intestinal fortitude" to confront their own constituents over healthcare at townhalls, how much longer are they willing to further jeopardize their political careers defending an unpopular president over self-inflicted controversies of his own making?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Trump has surrounded himself with "amateurs" who couldn't even manage to have a routine temporary ban enacted!

The problem is that Trump's ego is such that he doesn't learn from his past mistakes, or surround himself with advisors who are at least knowledgeable as to how Washington works.

With the prospects of passing a healthcare, tax reform and/or infrastructure bill before the end of this year becoming more remote by the moment, those Republican up for re-election in 2018 will be distancing themselves from this scandal plagued President before he drags them down with him!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm sure you thought that when the EOs were halted by judges...

you thought i said "all judges seek the truth"

i didn't

i was speaking about this particular judge, in this particular instance

moondoggie said:
No, because it is a fundamentally difficult question. It's hard and a little bit dangerous to prove intent based on campaign rhetoric, but that doesn't mean that Trump should be allowed to blatantly get away with infringing on people's rights.

that takes nothing away from the fact that lawyers are trained to avoid the truth

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The Trump Administration has said this ban is necessary for security reasons until they can review things. I'm curious if that review is going on. It was supposed to be a temporary ban. Have they been working on figuring out what's going on? If so then depending on how long this stays in limbo and what they find the ban may not be needed anymore. :plain:

Just heard a little discussion about this. The administration has not started any review and seem to be saying the court orders have prevented them from starting anything.