Abortion///cont.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Yes. If a human being has existed for less than nine months, you do not believe they have the right to remain alive. They can be killed at will.

Pretty sick, huh?

That emotional outburst seems to sum up your entire rhetorical gimmickry. So much for intellectual rigor. :idunno:

It's an opportunity to better explain and defend your view to those (such as myself) who find it barbaric and morally repugnant.

And, Quip, I am absolutely willing to engage in serious discussion.
Pick apart my beliefs if you'd like, point out the flaws, but do not accuse me of insincerity.

I don't have to accuse you of insincerity...you've freely offered post after post to the effect.
If you ever find the fortitude or ability to gather up those pieces and assemble an actual argument....ring me up, you know where to find me. :e4e:

glassjester

That emotional outburst seems to sums up your entire argument. So much for intellectual rigor. :idunno:

Was I incorrect?

Don't you believe unborn children should be legally killed at will?
If you do not believe people should have the legal right to kill unborn children at will, then please say so. And even better, explain why.

I don't have to accuse you of insincerity...you've freely offered post after post to the effect.

No. I sincerely believe that it is wrong to kill babies.

If you ever find the fortitude or ability to gather up those pieces and assemble an actual argument....ring me up, you know where to find me. :e4e:

What kind of evidence would you accept, that it should be illegal to kill babies?

glassjester

Set out your argument(s).

We would have to establish a common starting point, first.

I've tried a couple of times. Like when I asked you why you believe murder should be illegal, or why you believe immoral abortions are immoral.

You refused to answer, though.

quip

BANNED
Banned
We would have to establish a common starting point, first.

I've tried a couple of times. Like when I asked you why you believe murder should be illegal, or why you believe immoral abortions are immoral.

You refused to answer, though.

Common starting point: You think abortion is unequivocally and morally wrong; I believe the mother is morally correct in choosing abortion.

Dispense with the craven passivity and take an active stance against abortion.

Lay out your argument(s).

glassjester

Common starting point: You think abortion is unequivocally and morally wrong; I believe the mother is morally correct in choosing abortion.

Man, that is not a common point, is it? That would be a difference, not a commonality.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Man, that is not a common point, is it? That would be a difference, not a commonality.

The differing views regarding abortion is not a common starting point for an abortion debate? :doh:

Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight!

glassjester

That's not an argument, rather bumper sticker morality.

Dude... what? I am asking you, if you believe it is wrong to deliberately end a human life.

Because, frankly, if you do not see a problem with that, then there's nothing to discuss. If you're cool with killing in general, then how could I convince you that killing babies is wrong?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Dude... what? I am asking you, if you believe it is wrong to deliberately end a human life.

Because, frankly, if you do not see a problem with that, then there's nothing to discuss. If you're cool with killing in general, then how could I convince you that killing babies is wrong?

I don't give one flip about your delicate moral sensibilities nor the personal innuendo against me. Stop being passive.....show me by force of reason why you believe the way you do!

glassjester

I don't give one flip about your delicate moral sensibilities nor the personal innuendo against me. Stop being passive.....show me by force of reason why you believe the way you do!

It's morally wrong to deliberately and directly kill a human being.
Abortion is the deliberate and direct killing of a human being.
Therefore, abortion is morally wrong.

One of the main purposes of law is to protect human beings' right to life.
Therefore morally illicit killing of a human being must be prohibited by law.
Therefore abortion must be prohibited by law.

quip

BANNED
Banned

Seriously, if you want to actually debate abortion I don't expect a fleshed out argument on the fly (I've debated abortion for years).

As I told Eagle Wings: Either educate yourself (about abortion) or stand on the sidelines with your petty sign. Just don't ignorantly confuse one for the other.

Your choice. :e4e:

quip

BANNED
Banned
It's morally wrong to deliberately and directly kill a human being.
Abortion is the deliberate and direct killing of a human being.
Therefore, abortion is morally wrong.

One of the main purposes of law is to protect human beings' right to life.
Therefore morally illicit killing of a human being must be prohibited by law.
Therefore abortion must be prohibited by law.

Ok, good start.

I'm challenging the premise that it is (unequivocally) morally wrong to kill a human being. What about in self-defense? Is this not an exception?

Likewise, IS abortion the direct killing of a human baby but rather the choice and right of the mother to refuse to sustain that life via her body..thus the fetus' life becomes indirectly forfeit?

glassjester

Ok, good start.

I'm challenging the premise that it is (unequivocally) morally wrong to kill a human being. What about in self-defense? Is this not an exception?

Killing in self-defense wouldn't really be the deliberate killing of a human being. Meaning, the killing of a human being was not the intended purpose of the action. Defense was. Double effect.

Likewise, IS abortion the direct killing of a human baby but rather the choice and right of the mother to refuse to sustain that life via her body..thus the fetus' life becomes indirectly forfeit?

No, because the purpose of abortion is the death of the unborn.
The woman doesn't seek an abortion just to become un-pregnant.
She also doesn't want the baby.

Therefore the killing is deliberate.