Abortion///cont.

glassjester

What I agree to is, at the very least, the doctor necessarily must address an inherent risk upon the fetus in cases where the mother's life is in peril.

Sure. But he must not deliberately and directly take the life of a fetus. Right?

Reactions: Lon

glassjester

He doesn't have to. The necessary risk is enough to establish moral variance.

I think in the case of the ectopic pregnancy, the doctor has done something very similar to the fireman in my earlier post. The morality of the two situations is identical, even though one involves born children, and the other, unborn children.

Can we shift to an immoral abortion example?

I'll offer one up. A married couple becomes accidentally pregnant. They are both employed, and own a home. They are both healthy. However, they decide it's just not yet the "right time" for them to have a baby.

Would it be immoral for them to have a doctor deliberately kill their child?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I think in the case of the ectopic pregnancy, the doctor has done something very similar to the fireman in my earlier post. The morality of the two situations is identical, even though one involves born children, and the other, unborn children.

Can we shift to an immoral abortion example?

I'll offer one up. A married couple becomes accidentally pregnant. They are both employed, and own a home. However, they decide it's just not yet the "right time" for them to have a baby.

Would it be immoral for them to have a doctor deliberately kill their child?

Objectively speaking..no. It would be her moral right to choose abortion.

eider

Do you support the deliberate killing of unborn children, if their government doesn't provide them with free healthcare?

This is fun!

I believe that you support deliberate killing yourself.

I don't see the integrity within you, because you just flat refuse to respond to my suggestion that you support the disabled for whol-life medicare and ALL children for all medicare et all until infancy or junior age.

In fact I think that you and all folks in your State who insist on continuing pregnancies that are known to be disabled..... should all underwrite and pay for the clinics to keep these disabled folks, some of tghem comatose, in as decent a lifestykle as possible for their WHOLE LIVES. That's you!

Tell me... do you support the diosmantling of Obamacare? Well, I'm afraid that the cost of the above clinics is going to make Obamacare look like a visit to the cinema in cost, because each patient's need might cost several times what the avertage hospital patient might cost.

Now... remember... you do support killing, don't you..... and you don't seem to want to cough up the cash for basic human rights.

You're looking like a fraud. :idunno:

eider

Let me put it another way: I am for MAKING people responsible for their own responsibilities and have NO QUALMS making people pay for their own responsibilities wherever I cannot.
They are your responsibilities!
If you demand that a future mother continue her known-to-be-disabled pregnancy, and then leave her to 'her responsibilities', wandering off to control-freak at other pregnant women, then I don't need to worry about you, because the women of the world will ignore you, vote against you.
You are irresponsible and if you try to pressure women to your way of thinking whilst denying any responsibility you will be seen for what you are, and ignored.

I AM genuine.
You think you are.
You think you're good honest and decent.
Wake up. Everybody thinks they are genuine. But if you try pressuring women into forced births which they can't handle, like disabled, and then wander off refusing your responsibilities for that child, the world will judge you.
Where I live the vast majority of our population has already made their judgement call, and although most of us are hard set against abortions for the purpose of getting rid of unwanted children, the people here would just class your ideas as extremism. And they'd think that you are a cop-out because you would not cough-up the cash to pay for the conditions would cause by your code.

You have a tendency in this thread to try and push your own agendas and definitions. :think:
You have a tendency in this thread to try and push your own agendas, based upon false doctrines'.
Your whole judgement about all this is fundamentally flawed.

glassjester

They are your responsibilities!

Why?

How far will you take this philosophy of yours? If a woman decides she doesn't want to take care of her 15 year old son anymore, will you let her kill him? If you will not let her kill him, then you must pay for everything the 15-year-old needs!

Is this true?

eider

Alright - how about a fireman choosing which door to break down in a burning apartment building? Behind one door there are two 3-year-olds, behind the other door is an 11-day-old. He only has time to rescue the occupants of one room.

Your extraordinary analogies are so weird! :D
Massively interesting..... but weird.

Answer: The firecrew, surrounded by flames and noxious gases, ducking and dodging the falling beams and masonry, would meditate in her attempts to discover who was behind which door.......... :D

Other Answer: The firecrew would just grab who she could, as she could, when she could, where she could, how she could, and having (hiopefully) survived herself, with whoever she saved, she would then eventually wait for your armchair judgement about her actions to be made. :rotfl:

Because you like to pontificate about abortion, but you don't want to pick up the tab for it.

eider

Why?

How far will you take this philosophy of yours? If a woman decides she doesn't want to take care of her 15 year old son anymore, will you let her kill him? If you will not let her kill him, then you must pay for everything the 15-year-old needs!

Is this true?

I do love your crazy examples, so totally disconnected......
Glassjester, you just failed the simple comprehension/memory test.
Now pay attention because I might be asking questions later about this:

If you force pregnant women to give birth then you also have a responsibility to them, imo.
I have already suggested that all children should be entitled to State medicare, education et all to infancy or junior age..... paid for by you! :D

Can you remember that? Infancy or junior age?
Now, do you think that this 15 year old is either an infant or a junior?
:rotfl:

glassjester

I do love your crazy examples, so totally disconnected......
Glassjester, you just failed the simple comprehension/memory test.
Now pay attention because I might be asking questions later about this:

If you force pregnant women to give birth then you also have a responsibility to them, imo.
I have already suggested that all children should be entitled to State medicare, education et all to infancy or junior age..... paid for by you! :D

Can you remember that? Infancy or junior age?
Now, do you think that this 15 year old is either an infant or a junior?
:rotfl:

I guess I haven't studied the Word of Eider enough...

So why stop at 18? How can you expect a kid to get by when he's cut off after high school? He'll surely need college in order to provide for himself. The government must pay for that, too, right?

Otherwise, kill that kid!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
All you have to agree to now is that persons born disabled in-any-way should and would be supported in day-by-day medicare-plus for their WHOLE-LIVES.

Oh.... and offspring from rape would need full support unto adulthood.

Just agree to all that and you're off the hook.

to gj:
This is fun!

Now... remember... you do support killing, don't you.....

you sir, are a retard

good day

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
My moral compass.

your "moral compass" puts the selfish "right" of the mother not to be inconvenienced over the right of the child to live

iirc, hitler did something similar regarding the selfish "right" of the german people not to be inconvenienced by the jews

quip

BANNED
Banned
your "moral compass" puts the selfish "right" of the mother not to be inconvenienced over the right of the child to live

iirc, hitler did something similar regarding the selfish "right" of the german people not to be inconvenienced by the jews

The German people got impregnated with unwanted Jews!?

How did this come about?